Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Netflix won't load up

New Poster

I am having same problem accessing netflux through x1 box. Any solution. I cant find any option to uninstall and reinstall

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

I have one dvr x1 box. I select Netflix through the remote and screen doesn't change until i hit "exit". Then i click ok again to select Netflix and nothing happens. Rebooting the box seemed to do the trick. Simple.
20180126_212222.jpg

All Replies
New Poster

I am having the same issue. I even disconnected all devices through the Netflix Account Options website. Still won't produce a login screen. And I can't see where to either restart or un- reinstall the APP. Even tried refreshing my X1 system for my whole home.
New Poster

Has anyone found an answer to this? I suspect I am having the issue because I changed my password to Netflix. But now I do not know how to re-sign into the Netflix on X1 if it won't show the sign-in screen?

New Poster

Same here, since yesterday it says it requires X1 internet service (which of course we have, and have had for years). Comcast has tried everything, but one has found a solution. They are rolling a truck this afternoon to see the issue first hand and hopefully fix it with a new box. Bye bye to everything I have recorded on there.
IMG_20161228_124332898.jpg
Official Employee

It's account related. I believe an account refresh and entitlements resent fixes it. If you have cloud services enabled you won't lose anything in the case of a box swap
New Poster

Glad to know that I am not the only one who has had that.  I can't tell you how many hours I have been on with Xfinity support and they have told me that I have the lastest box and they have reset it.  They have been totally stumped. 

Expert

Lfurry wrote:
I am having same problem accessing netflux through x1 box. Any solution. I cant find any option to uninstall and reinstall

Do you get an error screen or just see the rotating circle? 

Expert

iNinjabot wrote:
I am having the same issue. I even disconnected all devices through the Netflix Account Options website. Still won't produce a login screen. And I can't see where to either restart or un- reinstall the APP. Even tried refreshing my X1 system for my whole home.

are you able to login on the neflix.com web site and play a streaming program? What do you actually see on the screen when accessing Netflix with your X1 set top box?

Expert

mehawk wrote:

Has anyone found an answer to this? I suspect I am having the issue because I changed my password to Netflix. But now I do not know how to re-sign into the Netflix on X1 if it won't show the sign-in screen?

login at netflix.com web site, navigate to "your account" screen,  and select sign out of all devices. Wait around 5 minutes and try to access Netflix using your X1 set top box and you should see the login screen.

Expert

Disappointed16 wrote:
Same here, since yesterday it says it requires X1 internet service (which of course we have, and have had for years). Comcast has tried everything, but one has found a solution. They are rolling a truck this afternoon to see the issue first hand and hopefully fix it with a new box. Bye bye to everything I have recorded on there.

call 800-comcast and select billing representative. Ask them to verify that your internet is assigned to an outlet. Also check to see if they have the correct modem (not used by the X1 at all) assigned to your account (they will ask for serial number or MaC address off label on modem). Either can cause that account mismatch. 

New Poster

My Netflix app on my TV will not load. It's just a spinning circle. I can't sign into my account. It's not a Netflix issue it's a Comcast/Xfinity issue. I have sign out of all devices through my Netflix account and when I click on Netflix through Xfinity on my TV nothing happens it's like refusing to load. Can someone find a way to fix this problem.
Tags (3)
Regular Visitor

Anyone ever find a fix for this? I've talked to Comcast several times and they seem stumped by the issue and have offered no solution.
Expert

Marielle125 wrote:
Anyone ever find a fix for this? I've talked to Comcast several times and they seem stumped by the issue and have offered no solution.

you did not quote the post you are replying to, so no way to know your issue. what is the problem you are having and is there an error message or error number?

Regular Visitor

Sorry thought I was just posting in response to the general statement of "Netflix won't load" I didn't see anyone list any errors above. I'm getting the error nw-2-5. Comcast can't figure it out for me.
Expert

Marielle125 wrote:
Sorry thought I was just posting in response to the general statement of "Netflix won't load" I didn't see anyone list any errors above. I'm getting the error nw-2-5. Comcast can't figure it out for me.

I googled the error you listed.. got https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14424

Regular Visitor

Thank you but I did google and find that myself. It doesn't work. It's definitely a Comcast issue because it does not happen all the time and its been happening to other people I know. I'm starting to think it's just a bad box and I need to go trade it in.
New Poster

The countdown on the rotating circle is very slow and then just stalls out not getting to 100%.  This took 5 minutes last night ---- very frustrating.

Expert

krueger635 wrote:

The countdown on the rotating circle is very slow and then just stalls out not getting to 100%.  This took 5 minutes last night ---- very frustrating.

do you have more than one set top box? if so, does it happen on more than one?

New Poster

I have one dvr x1 box. I select Netflix through the remote and screen doesn't change until i hit "exit". Then i click ok again to select Netflix and nothing happens. Rebooting the box seemed to do the trick. Simple.
20180126_212222.jpg
Expert

Do you have a Netflix account?

https://www.netflix.com/ca/login

New Poster

yes of course i have a netflix account.  i just couldnt get in yesterday.  i stated that i rebooted the box and was able to get in no problem.

Expert

wrote:

yes of course i have a netflix account.  i just couldnt get in yesterday.  i stated that i rebooted the box and was able to get in no problem.

press the A button on the remote then the right button and select Reset Netflix. then try the app again when the reset is complete.