Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Random channels pixelated; banding?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Random channels pixelated; banding?

We have a few channels on our XG1v4 where the channel is pixelated/banded (not sure if the right term) where the image during a fairly quick pan is blocky in the background vertically. I really hope this makes sense. Basically during motion, like sports, it's almost like the image is slow to catch up which is causing it to get blocky and really hard to watch. This only seems to happen on a few channels, most notably our local NBC Sports Bay Area channels. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Random channels pixelated; banding?

You really should get a tech out if it continues, they have the equipment to check the individual frequency of the channel that’s having issues. It can’t be checked remotely
View answer in context
Highlighted
Official Employee

You really should get a tech out if it continues, they have the equipment to check the individual frequency of the channel that’s having issues. It can’t be checked remotely

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Andrew, I thought that may be the case, unfortunately. Thought after a few powercycles maybe it would kick into gear but going on two weeks trying to watch baseball has become impossible! 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation