Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

RDK-03036

ANSWERED
New Poster

RDK-03036

I visited the Comcast site, and picked up and just installed a 'new' X1 system with 3 additional connections. I had to return the DVR/Main unit because it had a noisy fan motor - I also had one defective remote.

I travelled another 10 miles to return/replace the DVR and pick up a replacement remote. The main DVR unit and 2 of the remotes are woking fine, but the third unit takes a while and then displays the RDK-03036 error. I swapped units with a 'known' working unit and no luck. I also pulled a spare TV and tried to connnect it but got the same error message.

My assumption is that there is a bad connector/cable. NOTE: the cable/splitter in question is located outside our house and runs along a corner of our home. Also NOTE: one of the systems on this split IS working.

Is this a Comcast issue/problem, or do I have to pay for support/cable/spliiter? 

Accepted Solution

Re: RDK-03036

I - PERSONALLY - replaced a bad cable on the outside of my house (that ran up an outside wall). The problem is now solved, but I'M NOT A HAPPY COMCAST CUSTOMER!!!!!!!

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

That error code means that particular box can't see the DVR.

Since we own and are responsible for the wiring in our houses, Comcast probably would charge you to fix it.
Official Employee

jmc0206 wrote:

I visited the Comcast site, and picked up and just installed a 'new' X1 system with 3 additional connections. I had to return the DVR/Main unit because it had a noisy fan motor - I also had one defective remote.

I travelled another 10 miles to return/replace the DVR and pick up a replacement remote. The main DVR unit and 2 of the remotes are woking fine, but the third unit takes a while and then displays the RDK-03036 error. I swapped units with a 'known' working unit and no luck. I also pulled a spare TV and tried to connnect it but got the same error message.

My assumption is that there is a bad connector/cable. NOTE: the cable/splitter in question is located outside our house and runs along a corner of our home. Also NOTE: one of the systems on this split IS working.

Is this a Comcast issue/problem, or do I have to pay for support/cable/spliiter? 

Take a look at your whole configuration, your dvr is out of spec and only talking to 2 out of the 3 Xi3 boxes.  The one labeled Kitchen is having the issues?Are you using splitters from a previous provider?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I - PERSONALLY - replaced a bad cable on the outside of my house (that ran up an outside wall). The problem is now solved, but I'M NOT A HAPPY COMCAST CUSTOMER!!!!!!!

Service Expert

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation