Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

RDK 03031 issue

New Poster

RDK 03031 issue

We've been having some issues with our X1 box for the last week. FIrst of all the clock disappeared. Came back after a couple of reboots. Now we are getting the RDK 03031 error code in the right hand corner of the screen. Internet is fine but no tv. Reboot 3 times but same error message. 

Is the box on the way out or I wonder is it an area thing? Elmhurst in sacramento here. 

New Poster

Re: RDK 03031 issue

Same area here. Tv was working and try to change channel and nothing. Rebooted and now have error. My other plain box is working.  Seattle area.

Regular Visitor

SAME problem.  I am more and more frustrated with this system and seriously thinking it's time to try Direct TV.  What am I paying for?   Oh and by the way been working with Customer Service on a CR for my bill for over 3 months!  REALLY! ???   Grand Rapids, MI

New Poster

Just upgraded to the X1, so far... not impressed!   Several reboots from first install.... continually got the RDK 03031 screen////  If you have an ethernet cable plugged in.... unplug it and reboot.  

New Poster

Same thing--Sacramento.. The picture was on for awhile, but I couldnt access the programming grid, stop or reverse the recording I was watching, or exit out of it. Nothing worked.  So I tried to reset theX1 box, and it went through it's thing, then nothing.  So I called, and they're having a problem in this area.  How many times is this now???  Why can't they keep this system running?

kt

New Poster

Same here in Modesto
New Poster

Same here Hanfotd Ca. Then when you call you're on hold FOREVER !!

Finally just hung up. I suggest they fix it or theier going to lose another customer. 

New Poster

Same here in baltimore md i keep rebooting and nothing but dots flashing saying trying to connect to your live entertainment 

Frequent Visitor

Same issue, Aurora Colorado - been on hold now for over 30minutes with customer service

New Poster

same problem in annapolis

New Poster

same in st paul

New Poster

Same problem in Houston. Can't get through to tech support. Very frustrated!!!!

New Poster

RDK-03031 error message for an hour

Keeps rebooting but having same error.  I have manually rebooted several times; disconnected power several times; keeps "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform".

over an hour and it's NOT "This may be temporary so please check back shortly to try again."

New Poster

Upgraded just yesterday to X11 and now at 2:20 am the box went out and after attempting to reboot three times, I now get the 03031 error.
Regular Visitor

I have had more problems with this x1 service than any other service it makes me want to either go back to my old boxes or switch to another provider. My parents have AT&T and they never have had any issues and they dont have to connect their cable using clunky cable wires. If this x1 system was not ready for public use then they should not have offered this to people. This is so fustrating and to top it off only 2 of my boxes are affected and when I check connection status it says all is good in my area! I think they need to start crediting us for all the problems they are having. No one likes to use a beta system.

Frequent Visitor

1:56am Mountain - my TV is back now.  Remote lost all its programming somehow, still on hold, 45min in

New Poster

Same issue here in Portland.  Called and got a message about outage in my area.  Didn't realize my area covered most of the US.

Contributor

Still down here at 4am. X1 just plain stinks. $200 a month to test this unreliable system.

New Poster

Was having the same issue. Unplugged cable cord from back, waited 20 seconds and plugged back in. It rebotted and restarted. 

New Poster

Same thing here in Michigan.  Comcast is doing some big update thing.  Not good on a Saturday night, plus my bill just went up $30, not impressed.  Thinking about going back to DirectTV.

New Poster

Same thing here in Bloomfield Hills, MI (Near Detroit). Maybe they are having a problem with the smaller boxes. My larger box is working fine.  Seems to be a nationwide issue.

New Poster

same error here in ecorse michigan been doing this  all week can we get credit????can you please fix this asap $200 a month lol first was the internet and phone now cable x 1 platform boxes suck

New Poster

This is ridiculous..same thing here in wixom mi

New Poster

Clarkston Michigan, same error, not impressed, they better do something to compensate or I'm switching, this is a breach in my contract, I'm up bored and no TV, I pay 2 dam much 4 this.

Frequent Visitor

Television went out again - was on hold for over an hour then the rep picked up the line and would not even talk to me - I said "hello" many times with no reply and then I heard a laugh and they hung up ... well played Comcast, well played!  Still on hold for chat support, #37 in que ... have been waiting my turn for longer then the phone call ... this is just stupid!

New Poster

Same here in Monroe, MI plus I am on hold with comcast for the last 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  wth?  

New Poster

how do I get to chat support?

New Poster

OMG! I've been hit with the RDK 03031 error message too and I'm in Virginia. Been going on here for at least two hours. I love that the cable, Internet and phone are all bundled which costs me a much lower price than when paying separate...HOWEVER, I have had more problems with this x1 service than I ever expected. I feel like I have to reboot for some reason or other almost daily. I am so frustrated as I don't sleep well and the cable connection is key when you can't sleep! The main box in the living room works fine, but the second box in the bedroom has that error message even though it says on my online account that I have a connection, and I've tried everything to get it working again! Earlier someone suggested that Comcastshould have to start crediting us for all the problems and down time...I agree! I bet if that was the case they would have a lot less problems with the system!
Frequent Visitor

New Poster

This is terrible, no TV....CANNOT get through to customer service ANYWHERE!!!!! They need to credit us, we are working harder at this then they are!

New Poster

SAME IN PLYMOUTH MN, THIS IS THE LARGEST BILL BESIDES YOUR RENT OR MORTGAGE AND IT WORKS HALF THE TIME, NO OVERSTATING!  CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IF THEY DON'T DO SOMETHING HERE FOR REAL

Regular Visitor

Same here ih Phila Pa 

New Poster

Same here in Michigan. Have had this service for about 2 months now and we are so sick of it. Looking to change on Monday.
New Poster

cable is back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Same here in Macomb Michigan waiting 4 two hours for customers service to answer my phone call tried 24/7 chat no response
Service Expert

03031 is the standard no xre server reply (timeout). rebooting would make problem worse as you won't have a system up to read and display requests when the server is back up. It is the set top box calling for "Houston" but not getting an answer.

seems like the attachment to a server should be fluid and dynamic. Try 2 or 3 times and then connect to a hail-mary server pool available nationwide. 

Just sayin'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same here in Chicago!

New Poster

Same in millersville pa

New Poster

I was having the same problem with the RDK-03031 error screen for almost 24 hours, and several reboots and just waiting did nothing to help the issue.  I was actually on the phone with Comcast customer support when I stumbled across this thread and saw Giovani559's suggestion to pull the ethernet cable from the box and reboot.  I tried this and my TV came back online.  I think Comcast still needs to provide an explanation for why this would affect the service, or better yet, fix the issue, but for now I'm just glad to have my TV working again.

Service Expert

You meant to say coax cable, not ethernet cable, correct?

I had an RDK error on my RNG150 and it was a coax issue.  The coax wallplate had a loose connection.  My service plan paid for a tech to replace it.

No more RDK error.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

Hello All,

RDK 03031 is a Loss of Connection error. Simplest fix is to unplug power and coax from the box for 30 seconds and plug them back in to initiate a reset. If that doesn't work than a bigger issue is present and the box would need to be swapped out or a tech would need to come check on everything

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No, I did mean the ethernet cable, and not the coaxial cable.  I wouldn't have thought that this would work either, and maybe it was just coincidental timing.  All I know is that I had this error for almost a whole day, and as soon as I disconnected the ethernet cable, the very next reboot fixed the problem.

Service Expert

The ethernet port on the X1 box is SUPPOSED to be disabled.  Maybe not completely.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

mrfosg8 wrote:

No, I did mean the ethernet cable, and not the coaxial cable.  I wouldn't have thought that this would work either, and maybe it was just coincidental timing.  All I know is that I had this error for almost a whole day, and as soon as I disconnected the ethernet cable, the very next reboot fixed the problem.

Taking a stab at this one.... but I would believe you have the Pace V3  ( newest Pace )....  I had one of the very first ones, and YES, the Ethernet was active and by connecting it to my home network my X1 service would bounce between the X1 network and the home network, causing all sorts of interesting issues....   once the ethernet was disconnected, a restart would bring the box back to normal for a few hours....  DO you see any other issues with that box?   Lag issues developing over time?  Delay in accepting remote selections?  Can you go into Diagnostics and see your DOCSIS info?

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

geek46 wrote:

mrfosg8 wrote:

Taking a stab at this one.... but I would believe you have the Pace V3  ( newest Pace )....  I had one of the very first ones, and YES, the Ethernet was active and by connecting it to my home network my X1 service would bounce between the X1 network and the home network, causing all sorts of interesting issues....   once the ethernet was disconnected, a restart would bring the box back to normal for a few hours....  DO you see any other issues with that box?   Lag issues developing over time?  Delay in accepting remote selections?  Can you go into Diagnostics and see your DOCSIS info?

-=Ray=-

I thought the same thing.  I was in a chat with Comcast rep who told me that I needed a firmware update (box is 1 day old) that a "higher level support person" would have to send to my box.  It would take them 2-3 days to send the update and then my box should be back online.  I came across this post, unplugged my CAT5 cable, restarted X1 box and bam! I got service!!  Thanks for posting, too bad Comcast Support Reps don't appear know what works as well as users do!

Service Expert

t001z wrote:

I thought the same thing.  I was in a chat with Comcast rep who told me that I needed a firmware update (box is 1 day old) that a "higher level support person" would have to send to my box.  It would take them 2-3 days to send the update and then my box should be back online.  I came across this post, unplugged my CAT5 cable, restarted X1 box and bam! I got service!!  Thanks for posting, too bad Comcast Support Reps don't appear know what works as well as users do!

Awesome!!!  This is why there is an X1 Forum, and why we Forum members do what we do!!!  We are actual users of the X1 system and can provide what CSR's sometimes cannot....

Glad to have helped out !!!   <happy happy joy joy>

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Giovani559 your reply was so short I almost missed it - but you have the cure to my problem! Thanks!!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats