Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

RDK-03004 error and is it normal to constantly have to unplug your DVR?

New Poster

RDK-03004 error and is it normal to constantly have to unplug your DVR?

I am new to the X1 experience...less than 24 hours since the tech added an amplifier and set up the X1 DVR...but so far my viewing experience has been annoying.

I often cannot use many of the remote features and am "stuck" on whatever channel I am currently watching. Causing me to peel my lazy behind off of my couch, unplug the DVR, wait 30 seconds and replug back in. Sometimes that is the magic fix for a little while, other times not so lucky. Sometimes after rebooting it will stay on the "We're having troulbe connecting to the X1 Platform....RDK-03004" error screen. 

Either way I am guessing I have rebooted my X1 DVR about 10 times in less than a 24 hour period.

How do I get rid of this annoying error code?

Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03004 error and is it normal to constantly have to unplug your DVR?

It means your X1 box is disconnected from the Comcast network or your signal is so bad your X1 box cannot reach the servers. You need to check all of your connections CAREFULLY. Also the amp the tech installed would have come with a power supply. Make sure that power supply is plugged in. I would guess you should be able to see an indicator light or two on that amp if it is plugged in.

hunydewdrp wrote:

I am new to the X1 experience...less than 24 hours since the tech added an amplifier and set up the X1 DVR...but so far my viewing experience has been annoying.

I often cannot use many of the remote features and am "stuck" on whatever channel I am currently watching. Causing me to peel my lazy behind off of my couch, unplug the DVR, wait 30 seconds and replug back in. Sometimes that is the magic fix for a little while, other times not so lucky. Sometimes after rebooting it will stay on the "We're having troulbe connecting to the X1 Platform....RDK-03004" error screen. 

Either way I am guessing I have rebooted my X1 DVR about 10 times in less than a 24 hour period.

Official Employee

Does your amp resemble one of these?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

image.jpg
New Poster

Connections are all good and the amplifier is plugged in...and still annoying error message Smiley Sad

New Poster

It looks like the metal gray one on the right

Gold Problem Solver

Please verify the model number of the amp.

Tryin you to help you here but the more details you provide the more help we can give you. That being said, if the amp is powered up and you are still having problems I do not see your situation being fixed remotely. I suggest you call the X1 help line and get another tech out to your house.

hunydewdrp wrote:

It looks like the metal gray one on the right

Official Employee

It's showing that both your modem and dvr are offline. If you can, bypass the amp ( it might be failing).

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The tech showed me the amp, prior to placing in the attic of my condo building, so all I have in my place is the power cord. Can information on the power cord help you?

I am about to call customer service now anyway.  Really would like to watch the Super Bowl from the comfort of my house.

New Poster

Will do Andrew, but my modem should be fine as I am accessing this forum from my laptop wirelessly?

ComcastAndrew wrote:
It's showing that both your modem and dvr are offline. If you can, bypass the amp ( it might be failing).

New Poster

hunydewdrp wrote:

Will do Andrew, but my modem should be fine as I am accessing this forum from my laptop wirelessly?

ComcastAndrew wrote:

The only thing bypassing the amplifier accomplished, was causing everything to go offline.  Thanks for trying though.

Gold Problem Solver

Rabbit ears... LOL

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Rabbit-Ears/m-p/2465989#M57787

hunydewdrp wrote:

The tech showed me the amp, prior to placing in the attic of my condo building, so all I have in my place is the power cord. Can information on the power cord help you?

I am about to call customer service now anyway.  Really would like to watch the Super Bowl from the comfort of my house.

New Poster

Hmm.. well now I am getting error code RDK-03030

Gold Problem Solver

Slighty different error message. Same problem. Nothing has changed. Sorry.

hunydewdrp wrote:

Official Employee

causing everything to go offline. Thanks for trying though.

You would need a splitter of some kind and figure out which line off your amp is going to the dvr.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

ComcastAndrew wrote:
causing everything to go offline. Thanks for trying though.

You would need a splitter of some kind and figure out which line off your amp is going to the dvr.

The amp has a coax going from it to a splitter. From the splitter - one coax is connected to the back of the X1 DVR and the other coax goes into the coax wall plate.

The technician told me that if the amp lost power or was unplugged all my devices would go down.

This is very frustrating, at least yesterday I was able to watch TV at times, or stay on one channel, today I get to stare at an error screen Smiley Sad

New Poster

Well I have another technician scheduled to come out on Saturday (earliest available appt. that worked for my schedule). 

Official Employee

Does that splitter look like this?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

image.jpg
Service Expert

RickGr4 wrote:

Slighty different error message. Same problem. Nothing has changed. Sorry.

hunydewdrp wrote:

looking at the image in msg 3 above, note in the upper right corner by the power coax connector is an LED. Can you get to the amp to see if the LED is on? the coax connector on the amp that says voip out is probably connected to the modem and will work even with your power brick unplugged. the power brick should feel slightly warmer than room temperature if it is powered.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

hunydewdrp wrote:

when you are having the issue where you can't change channel with the remote, for 'giggles' if you have a smart phone,  run the xfinity X1 Remote app. After you signin and select the x1 equipment you are currently viewing select by swiping right to left and left to right for different control pages. These may work since they go through the internet to comcast servers via a different path than the remote to DVR uplink uses. I find that when I'm stuck that the app works 50% of time or so flawlessly until the comcast server again starts to accept commands from your regular remote.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation