members

online now

discussions

RDK-03003 and RDK-10000

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

RDK-03003 and RDK-10000

I go to the Xfinity store to upgrade my old boxes to get HD boxes for my other 2 rooms in my apartment and end up walking out with a new modem and X1 box with 2 companion boxes. I was excited until I got home and started the self install. Ive done these self installs numerous times so I figured this would be no different. I was dead darn wrong. After trying what the screen says 3 times I call Xfinity. Was on the phone for 20 mins with one rep, almost 90 with another rep and then 15 with the last rep who told me the system shows they can only send a tech to the house at this point and that wont be until saturday which burns me up because im supposed to be out of town Saturday for a wedding which looks like I wont make it because I have to be here for them to fix the issue. Ive been disappointed before but this takes the cake with disappointment.
Accepted Solution

Re: RDK-03003 and RDK-10000

Well....

RDK 03003 is a very common X1 error message. It means that particular X1 box has a very poor connection to the Comcast network. Something is preventing that particular X1 box from getting the signal quality it needs to work properly.

Remove any unnecessary splitters. Make sure all connections are secure.

Beyond that you may need to wait for your service visit. Why would you not reschedule the service visit if it interferes with important plans?
View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Well....

RDK 03003 is a very common X1 error message. It means that particular X1 box has a very poor connection to the Comcast network. Something is preventing that particular X1 box from getting the signal quality it needs to work properly.

Remove any unnecessary splitters. Make sure all connections are secure.

Beyond that you may need to wait for your service visit. Why would you not reschedule the service visit if it interferes with important plans?
New Poster

I dont have it connected to a splitter. I placed this box in the same location as the newer hd box that I had before i turned it in after getting X1. I still have to wait for someone to call me in the 24 to 72 hour period and hope that someone cancels so that I can get bumped up as the service rep said

As far as the appointment there was no telling how long after Saturday I would have to wait so I went with it. Its probably not meant for me to go to the wedding.
Gold Problem Solver

X1 boxes are much more signal sensitive than any other Comcast devices. Just because an older Comcast device worked in no guarantee that an X1 box will.
New Poster

I should have just stuck to what I wanted to get but the service rep at the store said for what I was paying a month I could have the X1 platform and 2 companion boxes. Only semi decent thing is Comcast agreed to credit my bill for the days ive been without service
Regular Contributor

I think the key here is that you said you are in an apartment.  It is very likely that there are splitters that you don't know about somewhere in the building.  Apartment buildings are notorious for having wiring that is not up to X1's stringent standards.  Hopefully a tech will be able to remedy the situation.

New Poster

Thats understandable. A friend of mine who stays in the se complex a few buildings over has X1 and she didnt have any issues with her install and shes had it for a couple years makes me wonder if thr people who lived there before her had the wiring fixed to be compatible to X1
Service Expert

LOLOG83 wrote:
Thats understandable. A friend of mine who stays in the se complex a few buildings over has X1 and she didnt have any issues with her install and shes had it for a couple years makes me wonder if thr people who lived there before her had the wiring fixed to be compatible to X1

People who live in apartments have mentiioned here how difficult it is to get the wiring done correctly for X1 requirements.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

We had this problem earlier in the year. It ended up being the TAP outside on the pole was bad and had to be replaced.
Official Employee

Year plus thread closed.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation