Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Purple screen

New Poster

Purple screen

Whenever I turn my TV on, the black and red xfinity screen flashes, then after about five seconds a light purple screen appears and I have no access to cable. The box is connected to HDMI 2, and my roommate's dad, who works in IT, thinks everything is plugged in correctly. Is this a problem with the service or something we can fix?
Tags (3)
Service Expert

Re: Purple screen

alisonsears wrote:
Whenever I turn my TV on, the black and red xfinity screen flashes, then after about five seconds a light purple screen appears and I have no access to cable. The box is connected to HDMI 2, and my roommate's dad, who works in IT, thinks everything is plugged in correctly. Is this a problem with the service or something we can fix?

if you turn off your TV then after a few seconds turn it back on is picture and sound then working? Does the TV power light stay on? you can try putting the X1 box in SD mode by pressing Exit Exit Exit 480  (to change back exit exit exit 720 or use your device settings menu)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Purple screen

Hi alisonsears, it sounds like your HDMI cable is bad. If you can get the picture to flicker and work after giggling the cable then your HDMI cable is the problem. I show that you have more than one cable box, do you get the same issue on all of them? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation