Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Problems with X1

Regular Visitor

Problems with X1

Multiple times per day, my X1 box appears to lose it's connection and restarts.  I also have issues where the box stops responding to my remote control commands.  Sometimes, when I hit the GUIDE button, I get all sorts of gibberish on the screen - colored blocks and patches.  Other times when I'm using the guide, I can barely read the text - it's all chopped up.  Often, the symbols for the channels on the left side of the screen are just blocks of random colors and don't actually show the channel logos.  Any ideas what might be going on?  These problems have been getting progressively worse since I moved from the old standard service to X1 over a year ago.

Could the box be bad?  I do not have problems with my other standard definition TV's, or my internet service.

Official Employee

Re: Problems with X1

Could be the box, could be wiring. Presently, signal levels look good. If you want assistance getting a tech out let us know
Regular Visitor

Thanks for replying.  Would you recommend that I have the box swapped out first?

If so, is it possible to have a replacement box shipped to me, or do I need to go to my local service center?

Regular Visitor

Andrew,

Just wanted to follow up on this since I hadn't heard anything back in 3 days.  

Would you recommend that I have the box swapped out before having a tech come out?  If so, can I have a new box shipped to me instead of having to visit my local service center?

Official Employee

I escalated it up to a colleague to assist getting a box sent out
Official Employee

Hi mikedimunno, I can assist getting a replacement box shipped to you, but first could you  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Thank you for replying sir.  I have just PM'd you as requested.

Official Employee

Hi mikedimunno, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi mikedimunno,  thank you for working with me in private message and please let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you