Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problems trying to program X1 DVR for a week in advance.

Regular Visitor

Problems trying to program X1 DVR for a week in advance.

Advanced programming the X1 DVR for a week in advance is a slow process that could easily be improved.  For example, on Sunday I like to program my DVR for the full coming week. Programming the current day is no problem.  But if you  try to program any following day, the process becomes tedious.  Let's program the following Thursday on Sunday for channel 608.  Open the Guide, enter channel 608 and move to Thursday, select the time and press record.  That works fine.  Now try to move to channel 103 still on Thursday.  Nope!  When you enter channel 103, the guide goes back to 103 on Sunday and you have to press enough buttons to get back to Thursday so that you can get to and program 103 on Thursday.

Why can't the guide stay on the day you are trying to program multiple channels without going back to the present day, in this example - Sunday?  Don't automatically change back to the present day any time I enter a new channel number.  Let me change the day when I need to, and not before.

Contributor

Re: Problems trying to program X1 DVR for a week in advance.

You could use the page up, page down buttons to remain on the same day

Regular Visitor

Using the page up and page down buttons is fine for short moves.  But if you are trying to move from channel 608 to channel 103 you will have to push the page down button many more times than 20 times.  That doesn't make such changes very easy or quick.  You need to be able to search for a new channel number without returning to the present day.

Service Expert

CTSS wrote:

Using the page up and page down buttons is fine for short moves.  But if you are trying to move from channel 608 to channel 103 you will have to push the page down button many more times than 20 times.  That doesn't make such changes very easy or quick.  You need to be able to search for a new channel number without returning to the present day.

if you have a regular set of channels you like to check, the channels can be marked favorite and then press guide two times and select 'favorite' (big star). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

CTSS wrote:

While watching a channel, press the Guide button then 103.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

"While watching a channel, press the Guide button then 103" doesn't work for future scheduling, it only works for the present day scheduling.  Doing what was suggested will only get you to the present day in the guide.  So far that's also true for all the previous suggestions to my inquiry. 

People submitting solutions should test their suggestions before they submit their solution to a problem.  Please don't submit suggestions without testing them.

Service Expert

CTSS wrote:

"While watching a channel, press the Guide button then 103" doesn't work for future scheduling, it only works for the present day scheduling.  Doing what was suggested will only get you to the present day in the guide.  So far that's also true for all the previous suggestions to my inquiry. 

People submitting solutions should test their suggestions before they submit their solution to a problem.  Please don't submit suggestions without testing them.

I apologize.  I should have added that I have to page forward to get to the week in advance.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation