Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problems only with channels on 117 MHz "short term error ct uncorrectable"

Frequent Visitor

Problems only with channels on 117 MHz "short term error ct uncorrectable"

Just today we started having pixelation and choppyness on about 4 channels, a bit of digging in the diagnostics of my boxes and I noticed all the channels are on 117 MHz (KCSM and KCR.  Problem is on all my boxes, X1 and DTAs.  SNR is about 31.5 dB and power is 0 or higher depending on which box I check.  Lots and lots of "short term error ct uncorrectable" on this frequency, it just keeps climbing.  Seems like an upstream issue.  Can someone in Comcast check things out on your end?  Been watching these channels for many years without problems.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Problems only with channels on 117 MHz "short term error ct uncorrectable"

I’ve escalated this to a colleague to see about getting a tech out, it’s the only way to get it fixed properly

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Thanks, ComcastAndrew.

Hello @mrmocha. I can help get  technician visit scheduled, so we can get the signal issue addressed. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

After 2+ days Comcast apparently figured out what was going on upstream, the problems are solved now without any techs needing to visit my residence.  Just for forums readers interest, I replaced all the coax in my house over the last 3 years to make sure Comcast cannot blame me for "injecting noise" into their network.  About 4 years ago Comcast replaced the 25 ft coax from their street box to my residence, it was about 50 years old and the SNR and power increased dramatically after they replaced it.  I always tell anyone that considers Comcast that you have to have a perfect coax installation in your house to make it work, or at least to not get blamed for their upstream problems.  What a failed design this is...  As an electrical engineer I understand, the designers get pressured into designing a system that pushes the absolute limits on an ancient infrastruture that home owners never upgrade.  Has Comcast ever considered hiring knowledgable customers as-needed to help troubleshoot problems with their network?  I'm not bad mouthing, I really do like the service and that's why I stay with it, but I really feel sorry for the customers that don't have an EE degree or some high level understanding of IP networks and coax transmission lines.  I used to have DSL and got tired of having to call the techs every 12 months to cut off some ancient bridge tap in my old neighborhood.  (Shocking: Why was my POTS line being tapped elsewhere on the block??)  Again, the symptom of engineers being forced to design a system (ADSL) that works marginally in 50 year old neighborhoods and infrastructure...  All the big businesses are guilty of it.  Fun times to play in!  Thanks Comcast!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation