New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Premier League Extra Time 2016

Posted by
Contributor

Message 351 of 388
Still, really annoying they care so little to get things right.

Got another $20 back through chat. Won't matter if I'm the only one doing this, but enough enough customers kept opening tickets for the same issue and got their modest credits, it might make difference, who knows. I don't know what else could. It's not as if pride our accountability means anything to Comcast when it comes to this Extra Time business.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 352 of 388

Good for you Saint Jimmy! At $20 per week you should be getting very cheap service.

Me, I've had enough, three weeks till my 2 year obligation is over, the next day I'll have AT&T.

I tried, but comcast hasn't.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 353 of 388

Any feedback from users or Comcast Tony on how the NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings Beta tests are going.

Sounds like a system that could or should be used for Premier League Extra Time.

On that subject, there are 4 matches set for 10am ET Saturday morning, according to NBC Sports Game Finder

SATURDAY, APRIL 1 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET

Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League.

Tottenham Hotspur @ Burnley
Stoke City @ Leicester City
West Ham United @ Hull City
Sunderland @ Watford
Posted by
Contributor

Message 354 of 388

Thanks, atlwally!

Truly, Comcast, I'd much prefer you get things right on Saturday to me hitting you guys up for another $20 credit.  I think all of us here could use a peaceful, stress-free Saturday morning.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 355 of 388
Derby win for LFC and all 4 extra times games available, great morning so far!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 356 of 388

Just got the X1 box and am trying to start one of the PL Extra Time games from On Demand and it's just sending me back to NBCSN or CNBC - what's the deal? 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 357 of 388

Hi rpm164,

Private message Comcast Tony (find him in one of the messages posted above) if you're still having trouble getting Extra Time.

And greetings to SaintJimmy! Glad Saturday was good for you and hope you didn't miss the extra $20 too much this weekend.

More Extra Time matches coming both Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, as listed on the NBC Sports Game Finder:

TUESDAY, APRIL 4 MATCHES AT 2:45 p.m. ET
Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League.
Sunderland @ Leicester City
West Bromwich Albion @ Watford
Stoke City @ Burnley

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5 MATCHES AT 2:45 p.m. ET
West Ham United @ Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur @ Swansea City
Bournemouth @ Liverpool
Middlesbrough @ Hull City
Crystal Palace @ Southampton
Posted by
Contributor

Message 358 of 388
And greetings to you atlwally! Wasn't home for the games today, just curious if the ET games were available. Can anyone confirm?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 359 of 388

All 3 matches today were up on time and in good working order!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 360 of 388

Spurs Swansea game isn't up. 3 other games are there. I don't understand Comcast. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 361 of 388

Go to Search menu and select Swansea. The game will be there under replays.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 362 of 388
Thanks atlwally!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 363 of 388

All available Extra Time feeds stopped at 4:08 ET in Atlanta. Lots of storms here earlier, but none at the time of the outage. Anybody else able to see anything? Getting error code XRE 03092 now.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 364 of 388

Matches back at 4:23, starting from the beginning, no resume option offered.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 365 of 388

As of 4:30, no feeds are playing.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 366 of 388

I called the support line and was told that only the HD feeds are available. Is that really true? Why are the matches not available in SD?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 367 of 388
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 368 of 388

As of this season, Extra Time Games have only been available on the X1 system and in HD.

There is quite a long thread of people who get BeIn Sports in SD who complain about the picture quality in SD.

If HD is not an option for you on television, you might consider streaming the matches through the NBC Sports App.

For those of us hoping to enjoy HD Extra Time matches on the X1, here's what NBC Sports Game Finder says about this weekend:

SATURDAY, APRIL 8 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET

On TV and through the NBC Sports App

Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League. All Barclays Premier League Games are available at NBC Sports Live Extra.

Swansea City @ West Ham United
Southampton @ West Bromwich Albion
Burnley @ Middlesbrough
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 369 of 388

outright terrible...why advertise that subscribers to X1 get every match when only the HD feed is available? this is predatory advertising. Liars

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 370 of 388

From NBC Sports Game Finder:

SATURDAY, APRIL 15 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET

Burnley @ Everton
Hull City @ Stoke City
West Ham United @ Sunderland
Posted by
Contributor

Message 371 of 388
Thanks atlwally!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 372 of 388

Everton-Burnley feed is up.  Thanks for the tip to use Search!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 373 of 388
All 3 games are available, though resolution is closer to SD than HD. West Ham v Sunderland was stopping and starting on its own a bit and I got kicked out about 3 min ago.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 374 of 388

Here in Atlanta all 3 games came up fine at 9:55. Hull/Stoke played out with good video and audio quality. Everton/Burnley started breaking up at about the 6 minute mark and cut in and out for around 10 minutes before stabilizing. I think the Hull match had some breakup around the 6 minute mark as well, but corrected itself a lot sooner. I didn't see more than the open on the Sunderland match, so I can't verify problems during the game itself.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 375 of 388

Things are pretty spread out in the Premier League this week, and the FA Cup Semifinal is live on over the air Fox at Noon Eastern Time. Just 2 Extra Time matches this morning, both from the relegation zone.

SATURDAY, APRIL 22 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET

Watford @ Hull City
Middlesbrough @ Bournemouth
Posted by
Contributor

Message 376 of 388
Thanks, atlwally

Both games working for me without issue.

Yep, more exciting matchups in FA Cup this weekend.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 377 of 388

Midweek Extra Time Games this afternoon. The Arsenal game is also on NBC Universo with Spanish commentary.

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26 MATCHES AT 2:45 p.m. ET

On TV and through the NBC Sports App

* Leicester City @ Arsenal (anunciado en español)
NBC Universo

Leicester City @ Arsenal
Sunderland @ Middlesbrough
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 378 of 388

2 Extra Time matches this morning and 1 tomorrow as the season winds down.

SATURDAY, APRIL 29 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET

Leicester City @ West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United @ Stoke City
SUNDAY, APRIL 30 MATCH AT 9:05 a.m. ET
Manchester City @ Middlesbrough
Posted by
Contributor

Message 379 of 388
Thanks, atlwally.

Both Extra Time games working okay for me.

I'm off to London tonight. Game at Anfield May 7!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 380 of 388

Doesn't get better than that. Is this your first time in a Premier League stadium or have you spent time at matches on the South Coast? Either way, do report back on the atmosphere on your return and enjoy the entire trip😎

Posted by
Contributor

Message 381 of 388
First time in UK for me, so yes, first time in Premier League stadium. My wife has been to England twice before, but no PL games for her either. Going to London, Liverpool, York, Edinburgh, and a tour of northwest Scotland. Very excited! Thanks for the well wishes!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 382 of 388

Both Saturday matches are up and running. Saint Jimmy, hope you had a great trip and enjoyed your time at Anfield.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 383 of 388
Thanks, Atlwally!

Had a great time at Anfield, though the game was scoreless. Was not in the Kop, but immediately next to it, so had a spirited atmosphere. Beautiful stadium. The city of Liverpool was great also. Lots of fans in town from all over - Germany, Italy, Holland, USA, etc. was in London before that and I'm back in London now for my final night. Spent a few days in Edinburgh and did a 3 day tour of the highlands and the Isle of Skye. Scotland is an amazing place. Should be on everyone's bucket list. I'm sure I'll visit the U.K. again and I'll make sure to include Ireland on the trip next time. Don't want to go home yet!!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 384 of 388

Pretty much says it all when you've been gone 2 weeks and still aren't ready to come home.

Consider my Bucket list updated (U.K. trip, and that Rocky Mountaineer train ride across the Canadian Rockies I've been meaning to schedule).

How hard are match tickets to acquire? I know team fans sit in special sections. Did you have to declare your affinity or did you go in disguised as a neutral 😉

Posted by
Contributor

Message 385 of 388
That train through the Canadian Rockies sounds amazing. My wife has family there, may have to look into adding that to a visit.

I purchased the tickets directly from the club as part of a hospitality package. They weren't difficult to get, but they're expensive. Along with the tickets you get access to a lounge at the stadium, where there is pregame, halftime, and postgame drinks and meals. And it has its own bathroom which is huge at halftime! The appeal of the hospitality package is that you don't need a team membership and the tickets are a "sure thing". You can purchase a membership that gives you a chance at getting seats, but it can be a crapshoot, especially if your team's tickets are in high demand. Using craigslist or similar services can be a gamble also. I'm guessing all the PL clubs have the same kind of hospitality packages. One thing I didn't explore was the local fan club. Atlanta probably has a local fan club for your team that gets tickets to games every season, if they're official. But you may know this already 🙂.

London was beautiful but big, busy, and maybe a bit intimidating at times. I think if I had another couple of days I would have been fully comfortable. In Liverpool I felt comfortable after just a couple hours. Felt easier to breathe and locals were very warm and kind. But if you get to the U.K. it would be a crime to miss Edinburgh. To say it's beautiful does not do it justice. It's glorious. The landscapes on Isle of Skye were equally glorious.

Tips:

Get a local SIM card for smartphone use. Hugely less expensive than buying a foreign data package from US cellular provider. I got a pay-as-you-go SIM from Three, a U.K. based cellular provider. You can even order the SIM ahead of time and have it shipped to the US ahead of time.

If you'll be in London for some time, get an Oyster travel card that will save you lots on underground train or bus. You can get the card(s) shipped to you before you depart.

If you want to do any tours, check out Rabbie's. They use smaller 16-seater maximum busses. Makes for a much better experience than the full size busses. We had 3 different tour guides in Scotland and all 3 were excellent.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 386 of 388
Unable to watch Manchester City VS West Brom on Extra Time on Demand, the screen froze 3 times remote became unresponsive, I had to unplug the X1 cable box 3 times. The game freezes again like after 5 seconds after I tune in Extra Time on demand on X1 box, this is disappointing. I have to watch Arsenal VS Sunderland now on NBC sports. Thanks.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 387 of 388
Thanks, com100, for getting the discussion back on topic. 🙂

I'm not at home at the moment to try the extra time game myself. Anyone else having problems?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 388 of 388

I was not home either, but weekday Extra Time matches have been hit or miss all season.

This was also the last Extra Time match this season, as all 10 Sunday matches will be available on recordable cable channels and NBC. Given the issues from day 1 up to this week, I hope they seriously work on a better delivery system for the season starting in August. Has there been any feedback about the NHL and MLB systems used to show all games in their respective leagues simultaneously and in HD? I know the baseball roll out was slow, and both are considered "beta tests" with limited functionality. I haven't seen any threads from subscribers to those services about how well it's been working.