New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Premier League Extra Time 2016

Posted by
Contributor

Message 301 of 392
Hey timkean, I like where you're going with that thought. 👍 I may send Comcast my bar tab for the countless saturdays I couldn't watch from home. 😀 Very cool you made that trip.

Atlwally - thanks for posting the game info. I'll actually be watching at the bar by choice tomorrow morning, so with my luck Comcast will get it right this weekend.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 302 of 392
Yep 3 games on the docket for tomorrow. Very successful week, not expecting any issues tomorrow.
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 303 of 392
Comcast Tony, there are 7 games tomorrow not 3. The other 4 including west brom are not on the docket as in not on demand ready to watch live tomorrow morning. Am I pub bound or if not let me know where west brom game live on demand is.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 304 of 392
Spoke too soon; system issue the Stoke City game on ExtraTime4 will not be avail today.

Only Ham and Sunderland
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 305 of 392

There were 3 Extra Time matches scheduled. No West Ham/West Brom either?

Southampton/Sunderland is playing fine.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 306 of 392
Teams are looking into why Ham isn't showing up...
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 307 of 392

When I looked for West Brom in the search menu, the match was there under replays but gave error 07006.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 308 of 392
ComcastTony,

Isn't it time to accept the testing environment lacks similarity to production?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 309 of 392
No West Brom again, watching at pub. Very poor Comcast. Will this be fixed this season?
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 310 of 392

The West Brom match works on Premier League Extra Time via my Roku box. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 311 of 392

"Luckily" for me the only extra time game available was the one I wanted to watch, sunderland v saints. However by 30 minutes the picture was freezing repeatedly. By half time, I wa booted out of on demand back to regular tv. Managed to get the game going again, but it continued to freeze repeatedly. I gave up at 55 minutes game time and went to nbcsn on the laptop.

This is so ridiculous, every single week Comcast on demand premier league is a total disaster.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 312 of 392

Same situation for me. By the second half of the Southampton/Sunderland match it would only play for a minute or so before freezing, stay frozen for 90 seconds or so, then play for a minute, freeze for a minute until, like you, I gave up. This is nowhere near an acceptable level of service.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 313 of 392

I know all of these issues have been covered at length in this forum already, but as a huge football fan just returning to Xfinity TV after a 3 year hiatus, I just wanted to throw my two-cents into the discussion:

* I switched to DirecTV 3 years ago primarily due to Xfinity dragging their feet in my area in having NBC Sports available in HD (we were at 18 months and counting with no sign of it coming)

* DTV's coverage of the EPL is light years ahead of Xfinity; in addition to all of the network coverage games, all of the Extra Time games were broadcast in HD on multiple overflow channels

- no 5 minute delay,

- no issue with games not showing in the OnDemand folders,

- ability to DVR each game if not able to watch live

* Comcast is the parent company of NBC - how on earth can they botch delivery of one of its greatest broadcast assets?

- not only is the entire premise of the broadcast delivery (ONDemand) flawed, but they can't even get that right

My first weekend back with Xfinity and only 1 of 4 ET games was even shown. I have read through all 7 pages of this discussion and the same issues crop up every week. We're 6 months into ths season (not to mention the years that have gone before this one) and nothing has changed since the opening weekend - games either start late, don't show up at all, disappear midway through the game or the feeds become unplayable.

Come on Comcast - pick up your game. I'm glad I have a 30 day cancellation period because I am seriously considering utilizing it

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 314 of 392

From NBC Sports Web site:

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET

On TV and through the NBC Sports App

Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League.

Sunderland @ Everton
Burnley @ Hull City
Bournemouth @ West Bromwich Albion
Posted by
Contributor

Message 315 of 392
Thanks for posting, atlwally.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 316 of 392
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 317 of 392
650 and the game still aren't up.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 318 of 392

I am watching Everton-Sunderland right now on X1.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 319 of 392

Sunderland @ Everton - OK
Burnley @ Hull City - OK
Bournemouth @ West Bromwich Albion - No Audio
Posted by
Contributor

Message 320 of 392
All 3 games OK, have audio now
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 321 of 392

All 3 matches OK here. West Brom/Bournemouth had audio here through the show open, but I switched over to the Everton match after that. Did the audio drop out closer to game time or did you never have audio with that feed?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 322 of 392

Good to hear. Nice to have EPL choices today.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 323 of 392
From the start didn't have audio until 5 minutes ago. Was flipping around a bit, so not exactly sure when audio was restored for WBA game.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 324 of 392

Oddly, just as I hit post, audio began dropping out of the Sunderland match (around 19 minutes into the match and continuing for 4 minutes now). Audio for 2 seconds, then out for 2 seconds, and continuing this way. Will try some fast forwarding and switching feeds to see if it will clear up.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 325 of 392

Fast forwarding a few seconds did the trick. All back to normal now.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 326 of 392
Nice one Albion game is up and running but lots of freezing and patchy audio. Are Comcast Wolves fans?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 327 of 392

Audio issues and frozen video became more persistent in second half. Appears all feeds were pulled at 11:54am E.T.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 328 of 392

Guys,

it's a lost cause. Comcast has left us high and dry the whole season. Just one more month for me and my two year obligation is up and I can move to direct TV.  Too bad, as the x1 platform and the high speed internet service is very good IMO, but the premier league service is a disaster and they obviously don't care enough to put the rsources on it to fix it.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 329 of 392

AT&T contractors have begun to connect my complex to AT&T Fiber.  I can't wait.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 330 of 392

Interesting notice at the top of the X1 section about NHL Center Ice in Beta with all games available in HD for the first time.

Clearly, this should also be used for Premier League Extra Time. Meanwhile, the Saturday Extra Time matches from the NBC Sports site are:

SATURDAY, MARCH 4 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET

On TV and through the NBC Sports App

Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League.

Southampton @ Watford
Burnley @ Swansea City
Middlesbrough @ Stoke City
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 331 of 392

Tiles appear for Swansea and Southampton matches at 9:55.

No tile for Stoke match but when searching Stoke an option comes up under Replays.

Once pressing that, I get error XRE-07004.

Now trying to return to Swansea match but get on the On Demand 3 dots

Same for Southampton match. So as of 10:09 I have no matches available.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 332 of 392
Tiles are up but do not work - message with error code XRE - 07004
Posted by
Contributor

Message 333 of 392
Come on Comcast - do something!
I can't be bothered to call customer service... it's a frustrating waste of time
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 334 of 392

Around 10:20 the Extra Time tiles were taken down, suggesting somebody might be working on something. Tiles are back at 10:25, but selecting Swansea or Southampton yields the same non-results.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 335 of 392

No luck here either, but I would have been shocked if Comcast had actually given us the extra time games.  Why change the pattern of an entire season?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 336 of 392
Even the most optimistic and forgiving eyes could not see this as anything other than a failure. Comcast, man up and admit to yourselves this is a failure. Show your loyal (to a fault) customers that you have an ounce of respect for us and Put the extra time games on those NHL channels and move on. Seriously, enough is enough.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 337 of 392

ComcastTony wrote:

SaintJimmy wrote:
ComcastTony,

Thanks for providing this update. I believe 1/31 is next date with Extra Time games, and it looks like there will 5 games. Liverpool v Chelsea will on NBCSN I'm sure, then another game on CNBC would leave 5 more games at the 1:45pm (Central) start time. So a big test right away.

I can't speak for everyone, but certainly for me it makes a big difference when there's a Comcast-provided message posted here as opposed to no message at all, even when it's bad news. When it's a problem affecting all customers nationwide, and I hear nothing from Comcast, I'm forced to assume Comcast is failing to appreciate the magnitude of the problem and seriously lacking empathy. This problem that has been going on for years. Maybe the source of the problem changes week to week, but the result is the same: we are not getting what we pay for. Please keep in touch with us.

Thanks again.

Agree - if you have the chatrepId or some other identifer of the person you spoke to please send it over to me. There was internal front line communication that was sent out for this past weekends games.

ComcastTony,

You agreed it was only fair you would communicate with us when there are problems.  Problems again this weekend and we've heard nothing.  And I'm not asking simply for apologies from Comcast.  I would like to hear technical details.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 338 of 392

Good Evening Comcast. Premier League Extra Time is offering just one match Saturday morning at 10am Eastern Time.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to provide the West Ham United/Bournemouth match as detailed below.

As always, should you or any of your Comcast team fumble this attempt, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

This tape will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck.

SATURDAY, MARCH 11 MATCH AT 10:00 a.m. ET

West Ham United @ Bournemouth
Posted by
Contributor

Message 339 of 392
Well Comcast get it right when there is only one extra time game - I guess that's all they can handle!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 340 of 392

We just got the X1 box. Is EPL Extra Time not available to everyone who has it? When I try to watch Bournemouth-West Ham, it says I have to upgrade our service.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 341 of 392

If NBCSN is in your package, Extra Time matches should be available through On Demand. This thread will show you that there have been problems most every week getting these to us. Comcast Tony has been responsive to inquiries and if it isn't working for you this week I would scroll back to one of his replies and send him a private message. With a new box, it may just be a setting that needs an adjustment.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 342 of 392
Please send me your stb serial number.
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 343 of 392

we have PMed you

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 344 of 392
SATURDAY, MARCH 18 MATCHES AT 11:00 a.m. ET

Leicester City @ West Ham United
Watford @ Crystal Palace
Burnley @ Sunderland
Posted by
Contributor

Message 345 of 392
Thanks atlwally!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 346 of 392

ComcastTony wrote:
Please send me your stb serial number.

hello?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 347 of 392
Only Burnley v Sunderland tile up .... what about the watford game
Posted by
Contributor

Message 348 of 392
I found the watford gsme by a name search
Posted by
Contributor

Message 349 of 392
Same here, only Burnley v Sunderland available.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 350 of 392

All 3 matches here in Atlanta. Only one with a tile is Sunderland.

Search menu has other 2 matches if you search for Watford and West Ham.