Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Premier League Extra Time 2016

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 151 of 388
I am unsure how starting the games five minutes after they begin is anything short of ludicrous.

Granted I'm an ex-pat, former season ticket holder, so it may be different for me, but the second my team score irl (or anything happens at all of note) my phone will start blowing up. Has to be live - can't believe Comcast think this shoddy service is better or even acceptable!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 152 of 388
Great job Comcast Tony!

On demand has its own tiles this morning showing all the games.

Time to sit back and enjoy the games with a cup of coffee!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 153 of 388
Those tiles just appeared for me now. 40 minutes in.

And an announcement in this thread to let people know what to look for would have been nice.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 154 of 388

Can't say exactly when they appeared, but when the Liverpool v Hull game started, there were four Extra Time games available through On Demand at the same time for me.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 155 of 388
Comcast tony: where is the Albion game in California? Shocking service.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 156 of 388

jeffastle wrote:
Comcast tony: where is the Albion game in California? Shocking service.

Yes Jeff, boing boing! Stoke v WBA seems to be missing.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 157 of 388

I'm satisfied with the location and layout of Live Extra folder and the tiles for the games, once I was able to see them, with the exception of the missing Stoke v WBA match.  But I can't warm up to this approach of adding folders and tiles just moments before kick-off, or 40 minutes into the matches as I experienced this morning.

People of Comcast, you have to understand you have a sizable set of customers who at worst are furious, and at best are seriously lacking in confidence of your Premier League Extra Time offering.  Just one guy's opinion, but I'd like to see a permanently fixed Premier League Extra Time folder.  When matches are several days away, there could simply be some text under the folder stating something like "matches will be made available for selection 15 minutes before kick-off".  Then maybe 24 hours before the scheduled matches, tiles for each match can be placed in the folder with a faded appearance to suggest they're not yet enabled for selection.  At this stage, if the tile was selected, the viewer can be presented with a message stating "this match will be available for selection 15 minutes before its scheduled start time".  Then come 15 minutes before start time, the faded appearance of the tiles will be removed, which communicates to the viewer that the match is now available for selection.  With a setup like this, I'll always know where to look for the matches, and I won't be sitting at home 15 minutes before game time worrying.  The way things have been going, there have been mornings when I decided to go closest soccer-friendly bar that will open its doors at 6, 7, or 8AM, where I'll end of spending a bundle of cash that I shouldn't have to, like a chump.  I can't count on the match being there.

I welcome and encourage people to share other ideas.  Better ones, hopefully.  It's got to get better than what we've had.

Oh, and what about the tiles remaining for say 48 hours after the match, so we can watch several of the matches instead of committing to just one?  I know in the pre-X1 days there would be some matches available for replay viewing for at least a day.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 158 of 388
Yes, what about replays? They're available on NBC Sports app, but not through xfinity on demand. These used to always be available for several days after matches.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 159 of 388
I see Chelsea v Arsenal and Leicester v Man United, in "Replays". They can be watched on demand. No other Premier League games that I see.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 160 of 388

I have the same issue in Boston. Spent 90 mins on phone only to be told "Comast doesn't offer this service anymore afte the Olympics"

Any help on finding the Extra Matches would be great.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 161 of 388
Comcast tony .... less than 10 minutes to kick off and no extra time games available....why do we have to go through this constantly?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 162 of 388
And just like that they appear - but why do we have to 5 minutes before the game
Posted by
Visitor

Message 163 of 388

Yes, can't even find the games through the recent tactic of searching for the team name under "top leagues", where neither Sunderland nor WBA show up as premier league teams (but Norwich City and Bristol City do...). 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 164 of 388

timkean wrote:
Comcast tony .... less than 10 minutes to kick off and no extra time games available....why do we have to go through this constantly?

The two Extra Time games showed up for me right at the kick off of the live game.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 165 of 388
Credit to Comcast for getting the games up. Still, this business of putting the tiles up last minute suggests a lack of empathy for customers, who Comcast cannot deny, have been let down consistently since the launch of Extra Time.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 166 of 388
Ok, i think I have finally been convinced that Comcast was the cause for the creation of Safe Spaces in America. Hey.... Like Christmas morning, there is Leicester City in the Guide being shown on CNBC, it was like a dream. That is amazing!!! Hahaha, then you realize Santa Comcast just put a flaming bag of reindeer dookie on your front step. CNBC is showing a rerun of some dirt track night race instead of the EPL game. And now, since they decided to put it on a channel, Leicester is nowhere to be found in On Demand, by Voice Search (other than CNBC), nothing. I can not handle having my weekend morning cereal dumped in repeatedly like this. It's maddening.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 167 of 388

Here I am settling in to watch my dvr recording of Southampton vs Leicester and it's NASCAR!!  Go to the on demand guide, find Southampton vs Leicester and, yes,it's  still NASCAR.

What the heck is going on with Comcast. Every week it's the same disaster.

Comcast Tony? Where is this game? Why is it Nascar?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 168 of 388
The Southampton v Leicester City game was originally scheduled to be on CNBC, but I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) there was a NASCAR race that was suppose to run yesterday, but was postponed until today due to rain. So NBC decided to show the race on CNBC and bump the PL game to live extra. The folks at Comcast who handle loading the extra time games didn't react in time or likely didn't care to follow the last minute change on their end.

AND WHERE ARE THE WEEKEND'S GAMES FOR REPLAY??
Posted by
Contributor

Message 169 of 388

Since my dvr  automatically set up to record the Southampton game, wouldn't you think Comcast would have adjusted the recording - also automatically?  

Every week I expect to get shafted by the live extra on demand setup and am rarely surprised  to be so, but this week we were on "regular tv" and so I naively thought I was safe. But no, Comcast cleverly managed for my apparent recording of Saints vs Leics to actually be some mundane repeat of a boring car race. 

Bravo Comcast......you did me again.

And yes, good point, where are the replays?  Any of them?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 170 of 388

Well, the race being shown on CNBC for what would have been the entire first half was a replay of a night time dirt track race. Not a make up or anything similar.
SaintJimmy wrote:
The Southampton v Leicester City game was originally scheduled to be on CNBC, but I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) there was a NASCAR race that was suppose to run yesterday, but was postponed until today due to rain. So NBC decided to show the race on CNBC and bump the PL game to live extra. The folks at Comcast who handle loading the extra time games didn't react in time or likely didn't care to follow the last minute change on their end.

AND WHERE ARE THE WEEKEND'S GAMES FOR REPLAY
Posted by
Contributor

Message 171 of 388
I don't follow NASCAR, but I think the start time of the race today (rescheduled from yesterday) was delayed because of more rain, so they aired an old race in the time slot while they waited for conditions to clear. But none of that matters. Comcast should have been able to adjust and get the live extra stream for Southampton v Leicester up for us.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 172 of 388
Is there any reason that Comcast can't use the GM 1-10 or GMHD 1-10 channels to display these games? They use them for displaying all of the MLS Direct Kick games. They use them for MLB Extra Innings games. The NHL Center Ice uses it. As far as I know, the Saturday at 9am central time slot should not have any major competing sports on that would be using these channels, so the space is there waiting for something to be played. Use it. It seems like this whole issue goes away if they did. I read an article on Philly.com today from August 13th, 2013 describing the roll out of Premier League Extra Time to providers with relatively good feedback except for COMCAST. The issues... THE EXACT SAME ONES THAT PLAGUE IT TODAY. Over 3 years later and the same issue exists. That's baffling to me. Comcast is a huge company with lots of brilliant folks, having ongoing issues 3 years later is crazy. Rome could have been built by now.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 173 of 388

There's a distinct lack of Comcast employees attending this thread these days.....   

Posted by
Contributor

Message 174 of 388
Littlejon3, I read that same article you found on philly.com. I was tempted to email the author to point out to him that little has changed in 3 years. I like your idea about using the GMHD channels.

Even if the current approach worked without issue, it's still a failure in my eyes. Why would they make the content a challenge to find? Especially the replays. To borrow language from someone above, it baffles the mind - couldn't have said it better.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 175 of 388

Hi Guys,

I'm here - monitoring - I haven't had much value to add but have been reading and listening.

Yes there was quite the mess with this weekends PL schedules. NASCAR was rained out on Saturday and a last minute change was made (contractual reasons with NASCAR) to push the previously scheduled live PL match onto ET. Sadly this was done poorly and not communicated well, hence guide views, recordings etc were not changed.

I do believe that the teams have figured out the menu issues overall and you should be able with relative ease to find PL under OnDemand>Sports>top row featured section there's a tile for soccer which will take you to the games.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 176 of 388

ComcastTony,

Thank you for the post.  In a truly nonfacetious tone, I just want to ask, can i be confident come Saturday 10/15 at 9:00 AM (Central time), or no later than 9:05 AM, that I'll see 4 games available for selection on Extra Time?  Or 3 games if a game is also broadcast on USA like they sometimes do.

Thanks

Posted by
Visitor

Message 177 of 388

Why can I no longer set my DVR to record all games whether broadcast live or in extra time?  Last season the X1 picked up and downloaded all Sunderland games automatically once I'd set the record option but this season nothing happening.

For the last two weekends I've tried to watch the games on extra time and not been able to find them, nor have I been able to find them through OnDemand as described in the steps by Comcast Tony.  From what I've read in the forum I basically missed the small window on the Saturday to catch them ondemand - what a useless service this is and a massive regression from the service I signed up to earlier this year.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 178 of 388

SaintJimmy wrote:

ComcastTony,

Thank you for the post.  In a truly nonfacetious tone, I just want to ask, can i be confident come Saturday 10/15 at 9:00 AM (Central time), or no later than 9:05 AM, that I'll see 4 games available for selection on Extra Time?  Or 3 games if a game is also broadcast on USA like they sometimes do.

Thanks

Yes, we have not seen issues in the games showing up on-time. The menu is sometimes a bit delayed (~10min) but you can always find them via T9 search.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 179 of 388
Nothing has shown up for me with the game starting now...
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 180 of 388
Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 181 of 388
Every week is just a crapshoot.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 182 of 388

Sunderland and Tottenham games just showed up in Extra Time tile here in Atlanta. Both started with kickoff. No pregame or lineups. No sign of Hull game at all yet.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 183 of 388
6 minutes in, the 2 games showed up for me. But where is Bournemouth v Hull? Again, not good enough. But I was assured it would be there.
Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 184 of 388
Where's the premier league folder?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 185 of 388
Finally found the Spurs game. Love that it takes 10-15 minutes into the game to get it on.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 186 of 388
Where'd you find it?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 187 of 388
On Demand >Sports>More Sports>Say "Soccer">....

Now the live extra games are gone. You just have to laugh
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 188 of 388

Premier League folder is in On Demand/Sports/Say Soccer/ and scroll to Extra Time.

If you go to Search (next menu over from On Demand) and search for Bournemouth, you can find Bournemouth/Hull under replays. I still don't see it in the On Demand Extra Time section.

Not to pile on, but picture quality is not as good as NBCSN. Ball in motion shots lack crispness, though static shots of coaches or players do look like decent HD.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 189 of 388
Yeah this is unbelievable. At least it's making it easier to cut the cord when my contract is up.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 190 of 388
Now found Bournemouth v Hull under "Replays" . It's available, but wow it's messy.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 191 of 388
No premier league folder or replays on either Tottenham or West Brom. Fun stuff.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 192 of 388
Now the tiles for the 2 extra time games are back, but no tile for Bournemouth v Hull.

Goes without saying not good enough, and that's being kind.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 193 of 388
Maybe this is the weekend they stop at least pretending to care...
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 194 of 388

SaintJimmy wrote:
Now found Bournemouth v Hull under "Replays" . It's available, but wow it's messy.

Good find, cheers!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 195 of 388
Coming up this Saturday morning 10/22 there are 5 matches scheduled for 9AM start (Central time).

Arsenal v Middlesbrough on NBCSN
Swansea v Watford on CNBC

Leicester v Crystal Palace was originally scheduled to air on CNBC, but with the recent appointment of Bob Bradley as Swansea manager, NBC Sports thought there'd be more interest in the Swansea match, I'm guessing. Leicester's form in the league made that decision easier to make.

So that leaves the following games on Live Extra:

Burnley v Everton
Hull v Stoke
Leicester v Crystal Palace

What do you say, Comcast? How about we raise the bar up from your lowly self-imposed "2 outta 3 ain't bad" standards and give us all 3 tiles by 9:08AM (central time)? I feel for the good of all you need to be challenged.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 196 of 388

There are six games kicking off at that time on Saturday - you forgot West Ham vs Sunderland.  Admittedly we haven't won all season and don't do well in London, I hope at least sort things out so I can watch the game on demand on Live Extra.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 197 of 388
Right you are, apwestgarth. Apologies, mate.

i was basing the list off of what I was seeing in the NBCSN app on my phone. No mention of west ham v Sunderland there. But I must blame myself, especially when I'm beating up Comcast for doing the same. It figures the gods would punish me for giving into the temptation of being snide. I can't say "three outta four ain't bad" now, can I? lol, lesson learned.

Okay, Comcast, for apwestgarth's sake, Give us 4 tiles this Saturday morning. You can do it!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 198 of 388

Tiles for all 4 games up at 9:55 here in Atlanta. 3 out of 4 load. Only Sunderland/West Ham is not available so far.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 199 of 388
Ditto atlwally's findings here.

Pleasantly surprised to see all 4 tiles there before game time.

Though, 20 minutes in and West Ham v Sunderland still not coming up.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 200 of 388

Yeah, same here. Keeps saying it is unavailable. I have reset the box, unplugged and all that, and still nothing. Half the time it doesn't work so then I should only have to pay half as much...Yet again I have to watch online through NBC Sports..I WANT MY MONEY BACK...Xfinity, the worst cable company who rips off their customers by charging them for things they won't fix or even care about...The package is not cheap....I am so tired of this insanity..