New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Premier League Extra Time 2016

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 51 of 392

I have been watching the game on my TV casting it from the NBC sports app. The extra time folder I have is still empty at halftime and I doubt they will get it working in the next 45 minutes.. Comcast needs to straighten out their PL coverage when Directv and ATT have dedicated Extra Time channles we are left with this broken system they can't figure out. Lets just hope next week they have it figured out since the olympics will be over. 

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 52 of 392
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 53 of 392
This is ridiculous. The entire reason I subscribe the level I do is for these games. If this cotinues I'll simply cancel my subscription and go elsewhere, like every other person I know. Seriously?! If you can stream speed walking at the Olympics you should be able to stream these games. Get it together man.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 54 of 392
Sorry folks - but there's an issue with two out of the three live streams for today's games: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Premier-League-Extra-Time-8-20-16/td-p/2788715

VOD assets will not be available for the two above live today.
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 55 of 392

I am still seeing Swansea/Hull with only the Subscribe option. Any way this can be changed to Watch or is it too late to start now anyway?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 56 of 392

Can someone respond as to why they can't domit via streaming like the Olympics. It works awesome. And gives the advantage you can switch between live games. Someone pass this request up to the team responsible.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 57 of 392

atlwally wrote:

I am still seeing Swansea/Hull with only the Subscribe option. Any way this can be changed to Watch or is it too late to start now anyway?

You should be seeing a watch button - the subscription problem was the issue that was fixed last weekend. - if you are still seeing it send me your set-top MAC/Serial.

The live asset comes down at 12:05 ET so won't be able to fix it for todays but like I said if it indeed is still an issue for you I'd like to look at the logs and find out why to fix it going forward.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 58 of 392

Midnight763 wrote:

Can someone respond as to why they can't domit via streaming like the Olympics. It works awesome. And gives the advantage you can switch between live games. Someone pass this request up to the team responsible.

When I saw the Olympics streaming from the Internet, I got excited, since it's running from an NBC Sports app on the X1. I thought there'd be full integration between the X1 and anything streaming on NBC Sports, which makes sense, since Comcast owns NBC, but unfortunately, only the Olympic events are streamable.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 59 of 392

A new season of Engish Premier League but same old story. Premier League on Demand is again unavailable.

Please fix this ASAP.

we are paying for a service that is not fulfilled.

Thanks,

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 60 of 392

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Premier-League-Extra-Time-8-20-16/m-p/2788715

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 61 of 392
None of the games worked for me. The extra time folder said not available when I clicked on it
Posted by
Contributor

Message 62 of 392

Are we going to be able to watch Extra Time this weekend? Have all the issues been fixed.....don't want to wait until 7:00 pacific to find nothing is working again

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 63 of 392

Yes, there are 5 Extra Time games scheduled for 10am EST Saturday. Let's hope for full coverage. And Tim especially for you. It must be really hard to be up at 7am each week for only a chance to see these games. A recordable or replay option would be really helpful for you Best Coasters🙃

Posted by
Contributor

Message 64 of 392

Yet again....YET AGAIN.......no extra time games. No Southampton vs Sunderland game.   Why do you guys keep telling us it's fixed and every weekend we get the same excuses?   

This is a rip off. I would never have agreed to a two year subscription if I had known that your premier league coverage would be almost non existant.   Please, if you are not going to show the games, just tell us so instead of just assuming the problem will magically be fixed by next weekend.

Two out of three Slouthampton games this season have not been shown, and the only reason the other one was shown was because it was vs Man U and therefore on regular TV not on demand.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 65 of 392
I don't mind getting up at 7 if I can see the Watford game - actually watching Tottenham now- but why Comcast have to make it so difficult for us
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 66 of 392

And as an extra bonus, Ian Darke is calling the Watford/Arsenal match. Miss him from the old Saturday morning matches on ESPN.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 67 of 392
Can you see the game available on Comcast
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 68 of 392

So no extra time again this week? This is pathetic Comcast how you can't manage to fix this is unbelieveable. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 69 of 392

Not yet, although Comcast Tony has said in previous posts they are supposed to show up in the menu 5 minutes after the game starts. Fingers crossed it shows up in a few minutes.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 70 of 392
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 71 of 392
Thats correct, they should start showing up for everyone right about now - Should have 5 games in total.

Also Atlwally thanks for your PM - we were able to identify why you saw the subscription message last week, shouldn't happen again.
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 72 of 392

Yup still extra time folder......

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 73 of 392

I am not seeing anything in the Premier League folder, but if I use the Search menu and select a team (Arsenal, Stoke, etc.) I can get the games to load that way.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 74 of 392
Found the watford game by using the search function did not see any extra time folder
Posted by
Contributor

Message 75 of 392
It's sad when we have to tell Comcast subscribers how to use the service
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 76 of 392

I also find it sad that Comcast owns NBC, whose service this is, and they are the one cable company that can't get it to,work right. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 77 of 392
Normal (non X1) DVR user here, still nothing showing up anywhere for me. It was already bad enough not having dedicated channels like almost all the other carriers have but to not even have the matches available at game time makes me wonder what I'm paying for. The On Demand system worked well enough the last two years so what's the issue this season? Will be canceling my service after the match is over, ridiculous.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 78 of 392

Geist6one7 wrote:
Normal (non X1) DVR user here, still nothing showing up anywhere for me. It was already bad enough not having dedicated channels like almost all the other carriers have but to not even have the matches available at game time makes me wonder what I'm paying for. The On Demand system worked well enough the last two years so what's the issue this season? Will be canceling my service after the match is over, ridiculous.

Extra Time matches are only available for customers that have our X1 platform (DVR or non-DVR but you must have X1).

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 79 of 392

atlwally wrote:

I am not seeing anything in the Premier League folder, but if I use the Search menu and select a team (Arsenal, Stoke, etc.) I can get the games to load that way.

Agree, its not easy to find unless you use search/T9 or voice - I'll talk to our editorial team - not sure why we wouldn't have OnDemand/Sports/Premiere League/ExtraTime/<GAMES IN HERE>

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 80 of 392
Why the change? This was never a requirement before. Seems like a cheeky way to squeeze even more money out of subscribers. It's also interesting that no one mentioned this when I was subscribing for my service. Just poor all around, but what else would you expect from Comcast?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 81 of 392

Geist6one7 wrote:
Why the change? This was never a requirement before. Seems like a cheeky way to squeeze even more money out of subscribers. It's also interesting that no one mentioned this when I was subscribing for my service. Just poor all around, but what else would you expect from Comcast?

In all fairness did you ask about it? The extra time games are so obscure, no one is going to bring it up to you. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 82 of 392

Holy Toledo!  Thank goodness for search engines and this thread.  After spending an hour with Customer Support (still on with them), who just told me that XFinity doesn't have Premier League Extra Time and NBCSN is the only channel that shows Premier League...  This On Demand solution is brutal.  Any time you switch between games (thank my dad for the ADHD), you have to fast forward each one to catch back up to LIVE in that game.  I appreciate the honesty of Tony from Comcast in the thread, but I think it would be easier to convince Hillary to vote for Trump than to use this unless you just sit on one game the whole time....after using Google and an hour just to find out how to actually find the games.  Comcast definitely wins Hide N Seek Champs of the Day on this one....I had been using Voice Search, but for items like "Premier League", "Extra Time", "Premier League Extra Time", "Soccer", "Ahhhhhhhhhh, Help" and couldn't find the games anywhere.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 83 of 392
Thanks Tony - if you could get the folder added that would be a great help - on second thoughts since Watford are being taken to the cleaners it might have been better not to be able to see it.
Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 84 of 392
Still nothing for me on match replays redicilous
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 85 of 392

littlejon3 wrote:

Holy Toledo!  Thank goodness for search engines and this thread.  After spending an hour with Customer Support (still on with them), who just told me that XFinity doesn't have Premier League Extra Time and NBCSN is the only channel that shows Premier League...  This On Demand solution is brutal.  Any time you switch between games (thank my dad for the ADHD), you have to fast forward each one to catch back up to LIVE in that game.  I appreciate the honesty of Tony from Comcast in the thread, but I think it would be easier to convince Hillary to vote for Trump than to use this unless you just sit on one game the whole time....after using Google and an hour just to find out how to actually find the games.  Comcast definitely wins Hide N Seek Champs of the Day on this one....I had been using Voice Search, but for items like "Premier League", "Extra Time", "Premier League Extra Time", "Soccer", "Ahhhhhhhhhh, Help" and couldn't find the games anywhere.

PM me with your accountID I'd like to see who you spoke to - we've provided clear documentation on the Premier League extra time games and who, what, when, where, and why to front line CARE agents - so this should not have happened; at least not for an hour.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 86 of 392
Any response I still have nothing
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 87 of 392

Geist6one7 wrote:

Extra time games are not offered in the format that classic/non-X1 STB's can playback.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 88 of 392

timkean wrote:
Thanks Tony - if you could get the folder added that would be a great help - on second thoughts since Watford are being taken to the cleaners it might have been better not to be able to see it.

Spoke to the editorial team, - we should have better placement next weekend.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 89 of 392

erikdemaree wrote:
Still nothing for me on match replays redicilous

Match replay's go live around 3pm - we have to wait for NBC to pitch them to us;

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 90 of 392
Can we record on demand games then
Posted by
Contributor

Message 91 of 392

Only some x1 boxes can see the extra time folder.  I went through this at the end of last season and Comcast has still not fixed it.  The smaller HD(not DTAs) model  PX032 ANI--Do not see the extra time folder.  I have 2 of these can't do any extratime. I have 2 other X1 boxes and those can watch extratime without any issues.  The extratime folder does not show at all in the PX032 boxes.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 92 of 392

5:36 PM PST. Folder has only one game. All on demand gmes are avilable on NBC's website.

This is the same issue as last year that unfortunately your dvelopment team seems not being able to fix.

Meanwhile we do pay for the service not delivered.

20160828_172729.jpg

Posted by
New Poster

Message 93 of 392

I have still not been able to access any of the Extra Time matches this season.  I go to Sports/Soccer but I do not see a tile for Live Matches which is where I should see the Extra Time matches.  Have you had any luck?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 94 of 392

Just wanted to provide some feedback. I used to be able to record upcoming Premier League soccer games by going to the "on demand" - "sports" menu. There was a top-level premier league menu that took me to all upcoming games so I could easily record them all. Now there is a more generic "soccer" item which takes you to a mix of all upcoming games including MLS, Germany, college and others in addition to the premier league. It makes the recording process much more difficult. It would be great if there was a way to see upcoming games by league.

Thanks.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 95 of 392

I was able to find the Watford v Arsenal game by using the search function using Watford.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 96 of 392

Three years of Premier League Extra Time frustration was enough.  I went to Costco over lunch today and signed up for DirecTV.  I'll be cancelling Xfinity once my DTV installation is complete.  Utter nonsense on how the EPL is delivered to Xfinity users.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 97 of 392
I was on the phone today with a representative because I cannot find the Premier League extra time and I can't find the folder that has the saved games. He told me the only way to watch them is on the app. Is that true? If so I am getting rid of Comcast tomorrow.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 98 of 392

As in quite normal the Comcast rep has no idea what he (she) is talking about. If you read above you can see that with persistance it was possible to find the extra time games ( two weeks ago) but they are only available for a short time and seem to vanish prior to the end of Sat.

Comcast Tony seems to think that there will be tiles this weekend but based on the last 3 weeks performance by Comcast i'm not holding my breath. The only way I have found to access the games is by a name search on the team.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 99 of 392

DTV installed today.  All of the MLB Extra Innings games are in HD with options for both home and away announcers, I watched a soccer game on English language beIN sports in HD this afternoon, and I can see all the EPL Extra Time games set for tomorrow; each on their own linear channel (no On Demand nonsense).  I have no idea why I waited so long, but I finally got tired of being a Settler!  Can't wait to enjoy Peyton on Sunday morning with Sunday Ticket.  See ya Xfinity.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 100 of 392

Would like to watch bournemouth v west brom live tomorrow morning.  Have got xfinity, based in San Francisco.  No option anywhere to watch it live on tv or on demand.  Its the only reason we have cable.

Can anyone explain how i can watch this game?  have been able tolast few seasons on demand for less big games which Albion am usually in.

Have gone thoughall sports, premeir league folders, said "soccer" "West brom" into the remote for ages like a clown but no joy.

Thanks loads