Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Poor HD Picture Quality

Regular Visitor

Poor HD Picture Quality

I've been having problems ever since I opened a cable/internet package with Comcast a week ago. My main problem is the poor HD picture quality. I have one DVR Box and one TV adapter for my apartment. Both have a fuzzy/blurry image, especially for sports. I've called Comcast customer service almost everyday and they did their reset and nothing worked. I went to the Xfinity Store and switched set-top boxes and that didn't improve the picture quality. I had 2 technicians and a supervisor technician come to my apartment on 3 seperate occasions. They took the wall cover off and fiddled around with the wiring in the wall, switced the coax cable, changed DVR boxes and the picture was still the same. The supervisor went to the cable room in my apartment and "tested" the signal and said everything was normal.  The best part about it is they acknowledged the picture wasn't clear and still didnt/couldnt fix it. I have 3 TVs that worked perfectly fine in my previous house (which had Xfinity/Comcast) that show a fuzzy picture in my apartment. I even returned one of my brand new TVs to Best Buy because I thought it was the TV that was the problem. I've tried everything with my TV settings to make the picture clearer and nothing worked. When I stream Netflix or Hulu through my Smart TV the picture quality is crystal clear since it's not going through Comcast. Im 100% confident it has something to do with the obselete wiring that is in my apartment building, but Comcast doesnt seem to care since no one else is complaining. I suppose they need a certain number of people to complain for them to care or do anything about it. It's unacceptable for me to be paying a premium price for a substandard service. Its unfortunate since I've had Xfinity/Comcast at a number of previous locations throughout my life and never had this problem with HD picture quality. I'm highly considering cancelling my Cable since I dont know what else to do. I have a couple of weeks to make that decision in order to not get charged a cancellation fee. 

If anyone has any advice or experience in this matter please let me know. 

Service Expert

Re: Poor HD Picture Quality

What are the model numbers of your X1 boxes?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

IMG_0817 (1).jpgX1 DVR BoxIMG_0818 (1).jpgTV Adapter

@RobertWy wrote:

Would a 4k box make any difference? Both technicians recommended trying it, but to my knowledge nothing runs in 4k except some streaming content like Netflix. I'm not sure if it would make the 720p/1080p any clearer. 

Service Expert

@jonboy2 wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Would a 4k box make any difference? Both technicians recommended trying it, but to my knowledge nothing runs in 4k except some streaming content like Netflix. I'm not sure if it would make the 720p/1080p any clearer. 

you could try it out. note that the only announced 4k box is a DVR version 4.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

@jonboy2 wrote:

IMG_0817 (1).jpgX1 DVR BoxIMG_0818 (1).jpgTV Adapter

@RobertWy wrote:

I don't think the 4k box is the answer.  Since you have already had tech visits, I will escalate this issue to an Official Employee.

What is the TV adapter for?  

Apartments are known to have issues with wiring.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you RobertWy. Any help is much appreciated! 

The TV Adapter is for the TV in one of the bedrooms. 

Official Employee

Good evening, I can investigate this for you going forward. Would you like me to check your account from here? To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Did you receive a solution to the issue?  Please share so maybe I can try it out.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation