Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Poor Customer service/ Unable to get X1 tv service going

New Poster

Poor Customer service/ Unable to get X1 tv service going

Yesterday i decided to switch from Dish to Xfinity and was initially excited, but that soon disappeared as after many attempts with tech on the phone we were unable to get my service going. The screen got stuck on waiting for service. My first X1 box, i retured to the xfininty store underadvisemnet from the tech rep on the phone, as he stated that is was a faulity box, but after getting the second box, the same thing happened? now I decided to do the set up myself, as i did not want to get charged $60.00 for an istallation fee? I was told that if there was an issue with the self install, they would send a tech out at no charge. My internet works fine its the TV/cable portion that gets hung up? Now i would hate to cancel service, but if this is how Comcasts treats thier customers, and puts profits ahead of its customers i may have no other choice!!!! I DO HOPE THAT I CAN GET A RESPONSE!

Official Employee

Re: Poor Customer service/ Unable to get X1 tv service going

@basil07 wrote:

Yesterday i decided to switch from Dish to Xfinity and was initially excited, but that soon disappeared as after many attempts with tech on the phone we were unable to get my service going. The screen got stuck on waiting for service. My first X1 box, i retured to the xfininty store underadvisemnet from the tech rep on the phone, as he stated that is was a faulity box, but after getting the second box, the same thing happened? now I decided to do the set up myself, as i did not want to get charged $60.00 for an istallation fee? I was told that if there was an issue with the self install, they would send a tech out at no charge. My internet works fine its the TV/cable portion that gets hung up? Now i would hate to cancel service, but if this is how Comcasts treats thier customers, and puts profits ahead of its customers i may have no other choice!!!! I DO HOPE THAT I CAN GET A RESPONSE!

What does the onscreen message say? Any error code? Your cables are not still hooked up to direct tv service? Or going through direct tv splitters?

New Poster

no they are not! i have a comcast splitter that was used some time ago!its keeps getting stuck on the screen waiting for service and their are not any error codes?

New Poster

I was on the phone with the tech dept (it was escalated), and they tried to reset the device, send signals etc, to no avail!!!!

Official Employee

@basil07 wrote:

I was on the phone with the tech dept (it was escalated), and they tried to reset the device, send signals etc, to no avail!!!!

Can you bypass the splitter and hook it up straight to the cable? Then pull the power and plug it back in. How long have you been internet only?

New Poster

I tried that as well and it still got hung up! Ultimately i need a splitter as i need internet and have another room thats need TV service? This has been day two, and i was very frustrated that i could not get a tech to come today to get this up and running, and that THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $60.00 FOR A TECH VISIT, AS THEY ARE TRYING TO CALL IT AN INSTALLATION CHARGE, WHEN THERE SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING GOING ON OUSTSIDE AND THE SERVICE?

Official Employee

@basil07 wrote:

I tried that as well and it still got hung up! Ultimately i need a splitter as i need internet and have another room thats need TV service? This has been day two, and i was very frustrated that i could not get a tech to come today to get this up and running, and that THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $60.00 FOR A TECH VISIT, AS THEY ARE TRYING TO CALL IT AN INSTALLATION CHARGE, WHEN THERE SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING GOING ON OUSTSIDE AND THE SERVICE?

Unfortunately if quota was full it's next to impossible to get a same day tech out. I'd try callling again and see if there were cancellations and if there are openings, sorry I don't have access to that. I'm a tech myself and I've given you everything to try that you would have access to

New Poster

I WAS NOT ASKING FOR SAME DAY SERVICE! THIS WAS NEXT DAY AS IN TODAY! WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THE $60.00 CHARGE? THIS SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE AVOIDING TO ANSWER!

Official Employee

I’m a tech, I have no control over billing. I was trying to help you to get your DVR going to avoid a tech coming out. It’s considered an install when a self install fails, for whatever reason. It shouldn’t be an outside issue as your modem is fine. You can take up the install charge with customer service after the tech comes out.
New Poster

MY MODEM IS FINE AS I HAVE MY OWN MODEM, NOT A COMAST MODEM! LETS HOPE THAT COMCAST CHANGES THE DISTINCTION SO THAT WHEN A SELF INSTALL FAILS, THEY RECOGNIZE THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG AND THEY NEED TO WORK ON GETTING NEXT DAY SERVICE FOR THESE TYPES OF ISSUES!!!

New Poster

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS JUST NOT ABOUT PHONE SUPPORT, BUT ALSO THE QUICKNESS OF TECH SUPPORT TO ONES HOME!!