Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Pixilating picture with breaking up sound

Frequent Visitor

Pixilating picture with breaking up sound

We have had xfinity for years, in the past couple of months we are experiencing pixilating picture with breaking up sound.  We have called xfinity numerious times, a tech came out replaced the x1 box and spliters.  This has not resolved the problem, we still have numerious outages on Discovery, Food Network, HBO and others and the recordings from the DVR and even on live tv are unwatachable.  Not really sure where to go from here we really enjoy x1 service and everyone that has tried to assist us has been awesome, but we don't think we should have to live with channels that don't work. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Pixilating picture with breaking up sound

"Pixeling" is almost always an incoming signal problem. There is not much else it can be.

Unfortunately the tech you had out did not fix the issue. You need to have another one out to troubleshoot further.
New Poster

I have had this same issue for many years at least once a year I sit on the phone for hours and then wait for a tech. they even go up the pole and see the intermitten signal and never fix it.

It seems the old node or line I am on needs to be replaced. I live in the country and not many subs on it.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply on the Pixilating picture.  I solved the problem, our cable was split multiple times to different rooms.  I removed all the splits and now have only one that goes to the cable box and one to the modem.  We have not had any Pixilation problem's since, and saved money as I returned the 3 satellite boxes. 

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation