Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pixels interrupting TV viewing

ANSWERED
Contributor

Pixels interrupting TV viewing

For some reason my television viewing is constantly being interrupted with the video pixelating. This is not just happening to me. It's also happening to my mother who is not in the same location at the same time I am experiencing it. So, unplugging and checking connections is not the problem when it's happening at the same time in locations miles apart. What is going on and when will it be fixed?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Pixels interrupting TV viewing

No, I never received an actual 'fix' for this problem. It's a sporadic issue that occurs at 2 different locations at the same time miles apart and different equipment in use. It is not an equipment problem. It is a reception/signal issue. 

It has stopped doing it for now. But, expect it to happen again at any time.

wrote:
Have a tech out at both locations. Not only to troubleshoot but to upgrade your boxes.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Have a tech out at both locations. Not only to troubleshoot but to upgrade your boxes.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I should have added that I have a box and converters. My mother only uses a converter. So, again, it's not connections.

Thank you.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issues.  I've had a tech here once to rearrange the distribution of cables in my home.  This seemed to work for awhile and then it appeared again.  After that I called in to a tech and eventually she suggested that I replace the cable from the X1 box to the wall.  This also helped for awhile.  Today, super bowl Sunday I'm having pixelation on the Animal Planet channel and several others.  However, when I view the channels with the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku I have no issues.  I will be signing up today for the Youtube TV free trial to insure I can watch the game, but would prefer to view via the X1 box.  Any suggestions what I should do next?  BTW, I reside in Southern NH.

Service Expert

wrote:

I am experiencing the same issues.  I've had a tech here once to rearrange the distribution of cables in my home.  This seemed to work for awhile and then it appeared again.  After that I called in to a tech and eventually she suggested that I replace the cable from the X1 box to the wall.  This also helped for awhile.  Today, super bowl Sunday I'm having pixelation on the Animal Planet channel and several others.  However, when I view the channels with the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku I have no issues.  I will be signing up today for the Youtube TV free trial to insure I can watch the game, but would prefer to view via the X1 box.  Any suggestions what I should do next?  BTW, I reside in Southern NH.

I live close enough to m Xfinity Stire that I would consider doing a free swap of the box (no need to return anthing else).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

No, I never received an actual 'fix' for this problem. It's a sporadic issue that occurs at 2 different locations at the same time miles apart and different equipment in use. It is not an equipment problem. It is a reception/signal issue. 

It has stopped doing it for now. But, expect it to happen again at any time.

wrote:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation