Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pixelation problems, yet again

New Poster

Pixelation problems, yet again

I'd love to know why I am dealing with pixelation problems, again, again and again? For several weeks in April, May, June, July, Aug a technician came to the house and replaced the X1 box and the wiring.  Monday night during WS Game 1 pixelation, same during Game 2.  for the last several hours today, pixelated pictures, can't even watch anything clearly, On Demand seems to work, but live TV, forget it!  After speaking with technical support  I'm told that there is an area outage that won't be cleared until 09:30 PM tonight.  WS Game 3 starts at 07:00 PM, but I have to miss half of it because of an outage?  I'm sorry, but I honestly feel I pay way too much money to have constant issues with pixelated pictures.  The lines in this area are less than 2 years old, and the house lines were brand new when we signed up for the services that were brand new to our area in 2015.  Honestly, Tom Karinshak stated that customers are "Priority number one." and I am just not seeing it with the services that are being provided. No one should have to deal with the same issue repeatedly. If this was happening at Mr. Karinshak's home, would he put up with or be willing to constantly pay for services that are sub-par? After it was fixed the last time, I was offered a $5 credit to my account for services that we dealt with pixel problems over several months time, felt more like an insult than a credit or an apology for bad service.  Seriously, thinking about checking into other options if something doesn't change with repeated issues with our services soon.

Service Expert

Re: Pixelation problems, yet again

jhp1068 wrote:

I'd love to know why I am dealing with pixelation problems, again, again and again? For several weeks in April, May, June, July, Aug a technician came to the house and replaced the X1 box and the wiring.  Monday night during WS Game 1 pixelation, same during Game 2.  for the last several hours today, pixelated pictures, can't even watch anything clearly, On Demand seems to work, but live TV, forget it!  After speaking with technical support  I'm told that there is an area outage that won't be cleared until 09:30 PM tonight.  WS Game 3 starts at 07:00 PM, but I have to miss half of it because of an outage?  I'm sorry, but I honestly feel I pay way too much money to have constant issues with pixelated pictures.  The lines in this area are less than 2 years old, and the house lines were brand new when we signed up for the services that were brand new to our area in 2015.  Honestly, Tom Karinshak stated that customers are "Priority number one." and I am just not seeing it with the services that are being provided. No one should have to deal with the same issue repeatedly. If this was happening at Mr. Karinshak's home, would he put up with or be willing to constantly pay for services that are sub-par? After it was fixed the last time, I was offered a $5 credit to my account for services that we dealt with pixel problems over several months time, felt more like an insult than a credit or an apology for bad service.  Seriously, thinking about checking into other options if something doesn't change with repeated issues with our services soon.

when you experience the problem, call 800-Comcast and ask the cable TV representative to run the Interactive Troubleshooting guide (Einstein). That should give the reason for the problem. You might want to also check the same channel at the same time on a desk/laptop or smart device using the Xfinity Stream TV app to verify the problem is from the pole to your home wiring.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation