Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pixelation Problems

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Pixelation Problems

I have been having pixelation problems for a few months now. However, it has gotten much more severe in the last couple of weeks. The picture goes into these wild pixelations, freezes, goes black, sound drops out, etc. rebooting box and unplugging have not helped. Had a technician come out and he replaced the outside line even though the signal was good. He checked everything out even in the house and all was okay. Signals were good to all boxes. We have an amplifier to boost the signal since we have 3 tv's as well as internet. Replacing the line didn't help except for a day or so and it all started again. Sometimes it goes on for so long that I can't watch anything as it does it on all channels. Anybody got similiar issues or is there any solution to this problem? The tech said changing the boxes wouldn't really help either. Thanks for any help.
Accepted Solution

Re: Pixelation Problems

Unfortunately it is still a signal problem. There is not much else it can be. Problem is not necessarily within your house or your yard. It could be blocks down the street.

Exactly which amp do you have? Who installed it? X1 requires a very specific type of amp.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Unfortunately it is still a signal problem. There is not much else it can be. Problem is not necessarily within your house or your yard. It could be blocks down the street.

Exactly which amp do you have? Who installed it? X1 requires a very specific type of amp.

Frequent Visitor

Will have to check amp type when I get home, but the tech checked it out thoroughly and said the signal coming from it to all tv's was good.
Frequent Visitor

It's a Commscope amplifier. Model CSAPDU5VP. Also has some specifications: Fwd 54 - 1002 Mhz Gain 0 db; Rev 5 - 42 Mhz, Gain 0 d; 6KV Comb; Wave surge protected
Official Employee

TechnoG wrote:
It's a Commscope amplifier. Model CSAPDU5VP. Also has some specifications: Fwd 54 - 1002 Mhz Gain 0 db; Rev 5 - 42 Mhz, Gain 0 d; 6KV Comb; Wave surge protected

That's the right amp. Are you seeing the pixelation on all boxes, only some certain channels

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

We are having exact same problem and have had same steps taken by Comcast to fix but still not fixed. The worst part is having to explain over and over what the issue is everytime we call. If this doesn't get resolved soon we are looking for other cable companies.

Official Employee

achasestudio wrote:

We are having exact same problem and have had same steps taken by Comcast to fix but still not fixed. The worst part is having to explain over and over what the issue is everytime we call. If this doesn't get resolved soon we are looking for other cable companies.

Is it certain channels, all channels? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

All channels and on all cable boxes.

Gold Problem Solver

Contact Comcast and have them send a tech out. You have signal related issues that only an on site tech will be able to solve.

TechnoG wrote:

All channels and on all cable boxes.

Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue on certain HD channels, includin ABC HD - in all rooms. Not sure why this one was marked as solved - doesn't seem to be.

Official Employee

Hello TechnoG, I can assist you with getting a technician to your home to repair your pixilation issues. Can you please send me a private message with your full address and account number by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

TechnoG : We have the same issue on certain HD channels, includin ABC HD - in all rooms. Not sure why this one was marked as solved - doesn't seem to be.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

This worked for me!

Try and disable your X1Xfinity hot spot. I remembered, I once enabled my hot spot by turning public wifi on, my television would experienced the same pixelation glitch. This wifi "PUBLIC" option may be applied as default without you knowing that to allow other wifi devices attempting to gain excess to your wireless AP (Acess Point) causes disturbance to cable signals to your the visual on your TV set. (HDMI or regular settings) You may want to verify if your X1finity ''PUBLIC" hotspot is in enable mode, which may be set to "ON" And if so, disable your '"PUBLIC' hotspot by selecting the option "OFF". All your channel may come clear from pixelation gliching. https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot.

New Poster

tiling problem on Discovery channel only; Comcast does nothing but suggests watching station on my phone... great

Gold Problem Solver

Jagol1,

"Pixeling" when watching live TV is an incoming signal problem. There is little else it can be.

STRONGLY suggest that you have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.
Frequent Visitor

We already had a tech come out. He replaced the cable lines outside and inside the house. He said the signal was good. Also said I had a good amplifier and cable box was good. Still having the same pixelation issues. Its always worse in the evening hours. The tech did say if we keep having the problem we might need to get a different tech out that can deal with the issue that may be with the node or central box in the neighborhood somewhere. He said what kind of tech it would need be but I can't remember what the title was. Picture is becoming unviewable at night for an hour or so then it finally clears up. Resetting the cable box does not help either. Very frustrating.
Gold Problem Solver

TechnoG,

Comcast needs to send out a "line crew". They are responsible for the lines and network leading up to the box in your yard.
Frequent Visitor

I don't have xfinity wifi so this isn't an option.

Gold Problem Solver

What does Xfinity WiFi have to do with this?

TechnoG wrote:

I don't have xfinity wifi so this isn't an option.

Frequent Visitor

Someone above suggested I turn off the xfinity wifi hotspot to help with the pixelation problem.
Gold Problem Solver

That is totally unrelated unless something in your house is wired seriously incorrectly.

As I said in a previous post, "pixeling" while watching live TV is almost always an incoming signal issue that requires a tech visit to solve. Also, as I mentioned in a previous post if the issues are beyond the box in your yard, Comcast needs to send out a "line crew".

Are you reading/listening to the advice you are being given???

TechnoG wrotemeone above suggested I turn off the xfinity wifi hotspot to help with the pixelation problem.

New Poster

thank you! worked for me also 

Frequent Visitor

Had technician come out again and he said the tap in the backyard was out of date. So a crew came out and replaced the box. Said the technology was out dated in box and was probably causing the pixelation problems. Everything has been good since except for road building crew outside of neighborhood keeps cutting the comcast line in two. 😡
Service Expert
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 10 in conversation