members

online now

discussions

Pixelated TV on certain channel - Please Help

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 12
I have Xfinity cable with the X1 Platform and have an LG TV. I got the TV about 3-4 years ago. It seems when I watch NFL Redzone the screen goes pixelated a lot. This doesn't happen with any other channel besides this one. My wires and and connections are great I'm not sure what else I can do. Please help TIA!
11 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 12

Dxtrastuff wrote:
I have Xfinity cable with the X1 Platform and have an LG TV. I got the TV about 3-4 years ago. It seems when I watch NFL Redzone the screen goes pixelated a lot. This doesn't happen with any other channel besides this one. My wires and and connections are great I'm not sure what else I can do. Please help TIA!

Channels come in on different frequencies, that's why one channel could be affected  and not others. You probably should get a tech out to troubleshoot further to see the cause.

You can also check how your cable outlets are configured, any amp or splitters. Your dvr is a little out of spec as is your modem.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 12
My DVR is brand new X1 Platform so not sure how that's out of date. My modem is only 2years old as well so I'm abit confused by your reply.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 4 of 12
X1 boxes are extremely signal sensitive. "Pixeling" is almost always a sign of deficient incoming signals. It is very possible that only certain channels can be effected.

You may need a tech out to investigate.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 12
Your equipment is out of spec (re:signal levels) not out of date.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 12

Your new cable-box should be connected to the television using a newer high-speed HDMI cable.

Check your coaxial cable from house outlet to your cable-box. Check for both tight connections and good connection of cable to cable connector on each end of the cable. If wiggling the coaxial cable near either end of the cable causes picture problems you need a new cable. Are you still using an older HDMI cable?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 12
I'm using a brand new HDMI cable that came with the X1 box they gave me a few weeks ago.
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 8 of 12
A Comcast employee has already stated that your signal levels are out of spec. That is where your focus should be.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 12
Solution
Thanks I'll call a Comcast tech then because I have a newer X1 Platform box with newer HDMI cable and all my connections are good and tight.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 10 of 12

Dxtrastuff wrote:
I'm using a brand new HDMI cable that came with the X1 box they gave me a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately, the Comcast HDMI does not support 4k.  That may not make a difference since the X1 box is not capable of sending a 4k signal.

But if I were you (I'm just a user) I would TRY a 4k HDMI cable.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 11 of 12

The problem may be between cable terminal box and the cable coming into your house (Comcast problem),

Were you able to check this first inside location? Do you have a cable splitter used before connecting to this cable-box? Is this the only television being used on cable tv?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 12 of 12
There's no such thing as a 4k hdmi cable. Only standard speed or high speed.