Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Pixelated TV image problem.

Regular Visitor

Pixelated TV image problem.

Over the past few months many of the HD channels have had significant pixelation. I called xfinity, and after myriad tests I was told that it was weather related.
What I do know:
-All connections have been tightened.
-Pixelation does not occur on the SDTV, On Demand, or streaming content.
-using new hdmi cables.
-It makes watching many channels and recorded programs unwatchable.

Any advise would help, I hate to think that I need to call again and go through the basics again.
-Tom

-

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Pixelated TV image problem.

Hi ghgh. I can assist with scheduling a tech visit to get your X1 cable service repaired. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

All Replies
Expert

@ghgh wrote:
Over the past few months many of the HD channels have had significant pixelation. I called xfinity, and after myriad tests I was told that it was weather related.
What I do know:
-All connections have been tightened.
-Pixelation does not occur on the SDTV, On Demand, or streaming content.
-using new hdmi cables.
-It makes watching many channels and recorded programs unwatchable.

Any advise would help, I hate to think that I need to call again and go through the basics again.
-Tom-

unfortunately this problem can only be diagnosed and fixed by a field tech being dispatched as they have equipment that can read the signal on each channel and determine the issue for the HD channels. The problem may be a splitter, coax connector, an amp, or something outside your home. you can schedule a technician visit on the my account app or by calling 800-Comcast

Official Employee

I've escalated this up to a colleague to assist getting a tech scheduled. Your equipment uses upstream and downstream signals (among others) to operate correctly. Presently, the dvr’s and XG2 upstream is way out of the range it needs to be in. Your modem is just barely in that range.
Official Employee

Hi ghgh. I can assist with scheduling a tech visit to get your X1 cable service repaired. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.