Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Pix-elation issues

Frequent Visitor

Pix-elation issues

Been having numerous issues with pixelation issues lately. Seems to be getting worse. Had the signal resent from Comast and checked all the connections. This happens while watching on demand, regular tv and occurs on all my tv's. I see upgrades are done to people's lines to the house or upgraded ground connections. Nothing has been upgraded at our place in quite some time, but we've updated WifI, X1, etc. What are our options? 

I think this is needed "A line tech and maintenance team had a look at the neighborhood line that come to the node. They were able to find a bad connection. This connection has been replaced and there is a plan in place to remove this connection point entirely." 

Expert

Re: Pix-elation issues

@Espo1970 wrote:

Been having numerous issues with pixelation issues lately. Seems to be getting worse. Had the signal resent from Comast and checked all the connections. This happens while watching on demand, regular tv and occurs on all my tv's. I see upgrades are done to people's lines to the house or upgraded ground connections. Nothing has been upgraded at our place in quite some time, but we've updated WifI, X1, etc. What are our options? 

I think this is needed "A line tech and maintenance team had a look at the neighborhood line that come to the node. They were able to find a bad connection. This connection has been replaced and there is a plan in place to remove this connection point entirely." 

call 800-comcast and explain symptoms. request a comcast employee to come to home and diagnose signal problem. (they can refer to the line field tech team).

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Had a Tech come by Saturday. First thing he did was removed my amplifier. Stated i did not need the amplifier. (?)

Said my signal was ok but installed a new line from pole to house. Issue of pixelation is still occuring and seems to be a bit worse. What else can be done? 

Official Employee

Hello Espo1970. I can assist with continued troubleshooting your tiling / pixelation issues. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

Frequent Visitor

thank you. PM'd you. 

Frequent Visitor

Still occuring. And now yesterday, my internet completely was disconnected. When it went back on it would not let me connect to my 2.4 and I was right beside the modemn. Had to unplug everything and reboot. It was better, but my pixelation/tiling issues are happening more and more. I've had signal refereshed numerous times, had techs out who state "signal is fine" - changing lines/adding amps/removing amps but this is occuring too often and now my internet is slow/dropping. My gut tells me there is something wrong with the circuit board on the pole or somewhere on my street. I've been with Comcast for 22 years and am really thinking about looking into another service. I hope thisgets brought up to higher level of attention. I cannot have another tech come out to go over what the other tech did and replace or "try" something else. This just needs to be fixed once and for all. 

New Poster

What is described here is the same I'm having. Pixelation started a couple of months ago and sometimes is worse than others. I have one TV upstairs and one downstairs. We've noticed the same pixelation occurs at the same exact time on both TV's. Some channels such as the Bay Area Sports Channel can be completely unwatchable at times. If it's not fixed soon I will be an ex-Comcast/Xfinity subscriber. Is it possible the signal speed increase cannot be handled by the old cables used in my neighborhood?

Frequent Visitor

Mark
I am hoping someone from Comcast sees this and brings it to the attention of someone higher in position as I agree it is very frustrating. I actually thought the same thing as maybe the lines cannot handle. As I’ve seen some people claim that RG6 is a preferred line. The lines in my neighborhood have been there for over 20 years. Circuit boards, connections, etc. I have been really thinking of switching as this is getting ridiculous.
Expert

@Espo1970 wrote:
Mark
I am hoping someone from Comcast sees this and brings it to the attention of someone higher in position as I agree it is very frustrating. I actually thought the same thing as maybe the lines cannot handle. As I’ve seen some people claim that RG6 is a preferred line. The lines in my neighborhood have been there for over 20 years. Circuit boards, connections, etc. I have been really thinking of switching as this is getting ridiculous.

call 800-Comcast and select TV problem. ask the agent to run the Internal Troubleshooting Guide (Einstein). with that information the agent will be able to determine if you will need a home visit by a field technician.