Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Pandora app drops songs in middle of playing

New Poster

Pandora app drops songs in middle of playing

New style of Pandora app cuts every 4th or 5th song short (approximately).  A song will just stop 50-90 percent of the way through and a new song will start playing.  Just started with the new app that shows "album covers" rather than the old detailed list.  Running ~250kBPS internet speed (Blast Pro) on purchased Xfinity Modem for the past 2 years.  As mentioned above, it only started doing this with the new Pandora screen style and does this day and night.

Expert

Re: Pandora app drops songs in middle of playing

@RJOregon72 wrote:

New style of Pandora app cuts every 4th or 5th song short (approximately).  A song will just stop 50-90 percent of the way through and a new song will start playing.  Just started with the new app that shows "album covers" rather than the old detailed list.  Running ~250kBPS internet speed (Blast Pro) on purchased Xfinity Modem for the past 2 years.  As mentioned above, it only started doing this with the new Pandora screen style and does this day and night.

it is a 3rd party supplied service. note that the Pandora app for X1 doesn't use your modem at all it uses one of the X1 device's DOCSIS modem.  Have you tried running the same channel at the same time on a PC or smart device to see if the same 'next' function happens?

New Poster

YES. It’s so annoying. I’ve gone back to listening on my phone with small Bluetooth speaker instead of my awesome home system because of it. Hope they fix it soon!
Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with getting this issue cleared up. To clarify, when you listen to the same channel on another device do you get the same issue? 

New Poster

Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the upgrade and have no way to revert to the old version. Aldo the New Version does not have the MIX area so it will play random songs from all of your stations.

Official Employee

bongofernie wrote: Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the upgrade and have no way to revert to the old version. Aldo the New Version does not have the MIX area so it will play random songs from all of your stations.

Do you get any error message when the songs drop? Have you tried rebooting your cable box? 

New Poster

I listen to Pandora daily on my 1/2 hour commute without any issues.

New Poster

Having the same problem - new pandora cuts off in middle of songs.  Never have that problem with Pandora on any other devices.  This started with the new X1 pandora app.  it sure looks pretty, but cutting off in the middle of songs is terrible!!  Please fix this!

New Poster

I am also experiencing the same issue and no it is not happening on any other device using your connection.  Pandora on the phone hooked up via wi-fi works fine.  Pandora via my media center PC running on the local network also works fine.

The issue is with the app on the xfinity box.

Frequent Visitor

No the problem is only on the X1 app on the X1 box's. I have rebooted the box's numerous times. the songs will play to about half way then auto skips to next song. the website on my laptop or the app on my smart phone does not have this issue. It is ONLY happening on the pandora X1 set top box app. Whomever updated it needs to UN update and stop fixing things that aren't broken.