Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pandora Update

Regular Visitor

pandora on X1 - new app

When using Pandora "new" app, songs end prematurely and skip to next selection.  This did not happen on the old app (prior to December 2017).  Can this be fixed?

New Poster

Re: Pandora not starting on X1

I've been having the same trouble since Comcast switched to the "new" Pandora.  It just hangs endlessly on the "Getting your music" screen.  I've called once and chatted twice with customer service reps online.  In all cases, they got it working just for that session, but the next day it was back to just hanging.  I tried logging onto and off Pandora on xfinity.com/profile, but nothing helps.  Occasionally, rebooting the X1 box helps, but usually not. Besides, I shouldn't have to do that all the time.  One chat session told me to create a new Pandora login using a Comcast email address (which I never use).  I won't do that, because as a Pandora user for many years, I would loose all the saved station/song data that I've built up over the years if I used a different login.  I'm getting fed up with this issue. 

Official Employee

Re: pandora on X1 - new app

Hello jrdejordan. I can assist with troubleshooting your X1 Pandora App issue. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Pandora Update

Hello All, 

I can send a few signals to your equipment for the issues you are having with Pandora. In order to do so, please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I am sending you a PM as my Pandora is very slow to load and glitchy. It was, prior to new layout, very fast and trouble free. It now takes 30 seconds to get past all the "say Pandora, we're gathering your favorite artists, etc" screens or longer before getting to attempt to play music. Sometimes a full minute. Occurs on all 4 TV's in house. I am a Pandora Plus user and free skips work fine. Just really slow to load and even navigate. Even loading of saved stations takes 10 seconds or longer.
Old format was very fast compared to this new format.
Official Employee

Hi Neverendingmods, 

I've replied to your private message. Chat with you soon.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Xinity stream

pandora account to finityxfinity stream
New Poster

Re: Pandora

Why don't you post the answer here? Many people are having the same issue. No, restarting the box doesn't help...

New Poster

We are having the same problem with songs getting cut off before they end. Please send a signal to our box to hopefully fix this issue. Thank you.

Service Expert

@krs2 wrote:

We are having the same problem with songs getting cut off before they end. Please send a signal to our box to hopefully fix this issue. Thank you.

Did you try a system reset?  A button -System Reset.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

As of 09 March 2018 Pandora is still skipping songs.  This is unacceptable.

New Poster

Re: Pandora

We pay for Pandora premium and have the same problem with drop out in the middle of a song.

Also, the new Comcast Pandora app is sooooo slow to load, and clunky to find your stations.

Maybe if Comcast went back to a more bare-bones station listing it would load faster and be easier to navigtate thru the stations.   I don't need to see album cover art; I need to be able to find my stations efficiently, and I need to have my songs play thru to completion.

New Poster

Comcast Pandora app cuts out in the middle of songs, and is very, very slow to load, and it is clumsy/clunky to switch stations since they are now an array of album covers instead of a list.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats