Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pandora Update

Official Employee

Pandora Update

Pandora, the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., and Comcast, a global media and technology company, today announced a completely reinvented streaming music experience on Xfinity X1 with a deeper Pandora integration. In addition to an entirely new look and feel, customers will enjoy access to Pandora’s on-demand Premium and ad-free Plus subscriptions over the Internet on X1 for the first time. Pandora’s integration with the X1 Voice Remote provides effortless access to music across all levels of service. The new Pandora experience also makes it easier than ever for customers to access and discover personalized music alongside the live, on-demand, DVR and web programming included in Xfinity TV.

The new Pandora integration on X1 brings customers:

• Ability to choose the level of service that fits your needs. Pandora Premium allows consumers to search and play any song, album, playlist or station; Pandora Plus provides access to ad-free stations with unlimited skips and replays; Pandora’s free service enables access to personalized stations.

• Quick access to your favorite music simply by saying, "Pandora" into the X1 voice remote.

• Access to specific songs, albums or playlists with simple commands like "play ‘Santa’s Coming for Us’ by Sia on Pandora."

• Immediate Pandora playback through a simplified sign-in experience.

• Pandora integrated with search and surfaced throughout Xfinity On Demand, including within popular destinations such as music, kids and Latino and on select artist profile pages.

If you have any questions about the new app, please post them here. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

pandora upgrade 12/20/2017

I turned on my X1 box today and went to Pandor and it appears it was upgraded.  It's been stuck on the "Getting Your Music On Pandora" for hours.  I powered off and unplugged the X1 box and that didnt help.  It was working great yesterday, I have made no changes to my pandora accoutn or PIN.

Any help would be great it's my musing for the house...

New Poster

Re: Pandora Update

Having the same problem. Just started today. HELP!

Service Expert

Re: pandora upgrade 12/20/2017

Charlez2017 wrote:

I turned on my X1 box today and went to Pandor and it appears it was upgraded.  It's been stuck on the "Getting Your Music On Pandora" for hours.  I powered off and unplugged the X1 box and that didnt help.  It was working great yesterday, I have made no changes to my pandora accoutn or PIN.

Any help would be great it's my musing for the house...

have you set up a pandora username/password? does it work at www.pandora.com ? does it work on a smart device Pandora app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Why won't pandora load after the recent update?

Why won't pandora load on xfinity after the new update?

New Poster

I have a similar issue.  Took forever to get into Pandora this am (same screen as OP) and when I get in only has one account (not mine but spouse's).  I've checked all settings and I should be there according to xfinity.  Suggestions Welcomed.

New Poster

Its workin today!!! :-) TY

New Poster

Last night I called and spoke with some one about pandora not working, they sent refresh signals to my box. Waited about an hour and Pandora works again! If you have the same issue ask them to send refresh signals. I tried the ones on the box, and signing out back in to pandora with no success. 

Regular Visitor

Pandora

I  listen to Pandora every day on my X1 system.  Lately, and especially now that the there is a new app for Pandora, the songs will be playing fine and all of a sudden a song well I’ll suddenly stop in the middle and new song will start.  Also, the white line tracking the progress of the song will freeze where the song abruptly stopped and stay there until I stop listening to Pandora.  I realize that I’m listening to a free version of Pandora but this is still annoying.

I’m not sure I’m looking for an answer, but I wasn’t sure how to let engineers know that there is an issue with Pandora. 

Official Employee

Re: Pandora

Hello rcarlson03. I can help troubleshoot the issue you are encountering using the new Pandora App. Let's first try to reboot your X1 box and have you retest. Can you please try that and let me know if you see the issue remedied? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

pandora

my pandora app recently changed. since then the app loads very slowly and every song studders for about 3-5 seconds before it settles down. has any one else had this problem? i subcribe to pandora and it plays fine on my computer and my tablet. so i think it has something to do with comcast. i play pandorea thru my home theater system and this problem is realy annoying.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue...
Service Expert

Danswanson wrote:
I'm having the same issue...

HI, did you try the procedure just before your own post? 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I will give this a try and get back to you.  Thanks for your help so far!

Regular Visitor

Hi, I did a full system refresh and the issue hasn't changed.  It accually skipped the first song altogether.  During the second song it got 3/4 of the way through and quite and went to the next song.  Also, the white time line was not working at all, although the time counter was.

I'm not sure the reason a new interface was needed, but this one seems a little harder to maneuver and slower to load.  Although, I do like that it starts playing the same station I left off at.

New Poster

My X1 still has the old Pandora app. I signed up for a 90 day trial after seeing the invite from an Xfinity email but now can't access the features through Xfinity. How do I get the updated app?
Service Expert

uf97ddim wrote:
My X1 still has the old Pandora app. I signed up for a 90 day trial after seeing the invite from an Xfinity email but now can't access the features through Xfinity. How do I get the updated app?

I guess I have the new Pandora app, but it always starts with the most recent station added and never the last station I was listening to when exiting last time. This is maddening to start with Christmas in my example. Did you go into app profile on your Xfinity settings and enter your Pandora username/password?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced when using the new Pandora app. We are ready to send signals to anyone's television equipment who still need it. Please reply to this message and we will happily get that completed for you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Pandora is still having issues!  Even after I did a total system refresh, it tends to skip the first song and go right to the second one, or every now and then it will stop playing a song in the middle and go to the next song or go to a commercial.  Also, the white "time line" that supposed to move along as a song is played, either isn't there or locks up if a song is skipped.

I read where both Comcast and Pandora were working together to intigrate Pandora deeper into the X1 system, to give us a better experiance, but I think they have made it worse!  It's extremely slow to load, neither my wife nor I like the new blue background look and I think it's more cumbersome to maneuver.

Again, I realize this is a free app, but I certainly wouldn't pay for Pandora Premium (like Pandora keeps tring to get me to do) if this is how it's going to work.

New Poster

Trouble connecting to Pandora on my television

Trouble connecting to Pandora on my television!!!!
Official Employee

Re: Trouble connecting to Pandora on my television

Can you give more information? How far are you getting?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi rcarlson03, 

Thanks for letting us know. I'd like to do some troubleshooting on my end to see if this will help. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name, the street address city state and zip code, and the phone number associated with your service so I can access your account? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Pandora

When listening to Pandora on my TV the music frequently cuts out mid song and moves on to the next schedled song.

This never happens when I listen on my phone or PC.  What's up?

Official Employee

Hi rcarlson03, 

I can send the necessary hits to your equipment that should resolve this issue. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, and street address including city state and zip code associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Only a couple of my receivers got the pandora update. How do i get it updated on the rest of them.
New Poster

Please help with update
Official Employee

Mjgray, 

Please verify the following info and I can assist with your Pandora issues:

The first and last name of the primary account holder

The full account number or phone number associated with your services

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I need the new pandroa app

Contributor

Pandora

I see recent discussions regarding the new update to Pandora, but I also notice one major missing element that the old interface had: the ability to select WHICH login to use. Originally, selecting Pandora went to an intermediate page where you could select a Comcast email which had a login-dependent Pandora. My wife likes different music from me, and we used that regularly: she could select her email and get HER version of Pandora, and I could select my email and get mine. Now we have to tediously log-out and log-in to change.

I gather this might be needed to interface Pandora to the voice remote: a specific Pandora login needed to connect quickly and implement that. But perhaps some kind of easy "change logins" option inside Pandora, or along the way going to Pandora, that woudl have a default login and alternate logins, would give us both convenience to change login AND a default connect login.

Official Employee

Hello hbkb69. I'd like to help troubleshoot this Pandora skipping issue with you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hello steveschu, thank you for your most welcomed feedback and suggestions to make your experience better while using the Pandora app on your cable box. Please click on this link to provide your feedback to our management to so that your request can be considered in the next firmware update. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

pandora audio

After the recent Pandora App "overhaul", the streaming audio format changed from 5.1 to 2.0.

Anyone else notice?  Is there a setting that restores the better 5.1 audio?  I hope this reduction in quality is not permanent. 

Regular Visitor

My X1 is still showing old pandora but the second box in the basement shows updated pandora
Service Expert

Waranga wrote:
My X1 is still showing old pandora but the second box in the basement shows updated pandora

Try ths A button and do a System Refresh.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

My X1 has still not updated for the new pandora
Xxxxxx@comcast.net
New Poster

frozen in pandora

the tv is frozen on pandora screen. remote cannot do anything

Official Employee

Re: frozen in pandora

Reset your cable box, Pull the power and plug it back in

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have had my signal refreshed, then tech suppor told me to get a new set top box which I did .  Still doesn't work. Mine won't even load the  app.  Can't get to the sign on screen.

New Poster

Did you ever get this problem resolved?  Been having the exact same problem.  Called tech support three times with no success.  They ended up telling me I needed a new set top box.  That didn't fix it either.  I have two Tv's with the NEw "updated" Pandora and neither of them work!

Thanks

Service Expert

wrote:

I have had my signal refreshed, then tech suppor told me to get a new set top box which I did .  Still doesn't work. Mine won't even load the  app.  Can't get to the sign on screen.

hi, is your set top box model number rng150 ?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

wrote:

Did you ever get this problem resolved?  Been having the exact same problem.  Called tech support three times with no success.  They ended up telling me I needed a new set top box.  That didn't fix it either.  I have two Tv's with the NEw "updated" Pandora and neither of them work!

Thanks

you say they won't work but what is the process of the error? do you see the app? if so, when you select the app, do you get the pandora icon? does it give an error message and error message number?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

It says XG1-A in the lower right hand corner of both my boxes.

New Poster

I can go to the APPS and there is a Pandora box/icon just like all the other apps. You Tube etc.  I click on it and it brings up a light blue screen that says something like "Getting your Music on Pandora"  just a continious sdcroll of features that pandora has,  just keeps cycling through all this Pandora advertising.  I have let it run for hours and it just keeps cycling through these Pandora advertising slogans.  It never goes to a screen for me to click on my user name to sign on.  Just scrolls for hours "Getting Your Music onPandors"  yada, yada, yada.

Thanks

Service Expert

I assume you set it up in My Account?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

YES!  All was working fine till the Pandora upgrade was installed.  I have a new set top box, I have signed out of Pandora in My Account and set it up again.  I used a second email account I have and set that up with Pandora too.  Neither work. There is a problem with the "New" Pandora upgrade.

New Poster

This "update" is a MESS!  From a simple interface that gets the job done to a confusing mess that doesn't. I get through the Getting Music screen OK, but instead of just playing the last selected station I am sent to a screen with a column of confusing choices where I have to scroll down to Stations, go to the right, then choose a station. 

When I do, a song starts playing, may or may not play to the end of the song, and CLICKS LOUDLY at the end of each song, totally spoiling the flow of the music. There seems to be no visible way to thumb up or down a track on the screen.The Pandora web interface is not nearly this clunky.

I understand from posts later in the forum that there is some sort of signal that can be sent that may fix some of the problems, so please provide information about how to securely send account number.

New Poster

Re: Pandora not starting on X1

Still not able to conect to Pandora, Im a regular "daily" pandora user, and I have enetred the email and password for Pandora into X1. 

When trying to connect on X1 it just says "Getting you music on Pandora" stays there and never conects...

New Poster

I'm having the same issues and refreshes/reboots not helping!

New Poster

pandora

When listening to pandora on my X1 Hub. Every so often a song will cut off early or barely start then cut off and go to the next. Sometimes this will happen multiple times in a row. It doesn't happen on my Mac or iphone. I upgraded my Pandora service to Premium, hoping that would fix it. It didn't make any difference. Is there a update or something needed? Is this a known issue?

Official Employee

Re: Pandora not starting on X1

pitvpr, have you tried rebooting your cable box? 

Do you have the latest software update?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats