Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ordering XG1v4

New Poster

Ordering XG1v4

I would like to order a XG1v4 shipped to my address but am havingf difficulty at the store and on the phone. Suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ordering XG1v4

I also went to a store and have called twice with no success. On the phone they reported my cable modem does not work with the v4 box. I don’t understand since I have a new DOCS 3.0 cable modem.
Valued Contributor

I was able to get them to send me one by doing an online chat from the "My Account" help page.  Took them 2 times to get it right, the 1st time they sent me an XG2 box, even though I specifically asked for a Xg1v4.  A week later, after another online chat, they finally sent me the right one.

Official Employee

Hi bdonisch,

Sorry for the delayed response. Due to inventory restrictions, the boxes aren't available at the stores. I can help have one shipped. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi wgulker, 

I can check on the availability of the XG1v4 boxes in your area, as well as your equipment requirements. Please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hey jwmccnn,

I'm happy you finally received the correct box. How do you like it so far? Would you care to share your experience with other customers? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Any way I can get the XG1v4 box shipped to me as well?

I’ve called the 1-800 number, who claimed they reserved one for me at the local store. Once I got to the store, the person helping me said the phone support folks gave me bad information and that I need an appointment with a tech to get one. I made an appointment only to have the tech show up without a XG1v4 box. After a few hours the tech told me that the XG1v4 isn’t available in the Bay Area and that I’d have to call phone support again to inquire...
Official Employee

Hi TheMumbles,

I can check to see if the box is available in your area and if I can have one shipped out to you. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation