Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,787,695

members

26

online now

1,938,022

discussions

Top

Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Frequent Visitor

Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

In January 2015 we moved and I ended up having to switch service providers from DirecTV to Comcast because we moved very east and was unable to get signal with DirecTV. So since the initial setup in January we've been having problems with HD we have the X1 platform(with DVR) with the best package for our area so we get pretty much every channel Comcast provides, but all of the HD channels are coming in crystal clear HD and then out of nowhere would just start getting very pixelated and fuzzy and then bounce back from crystal clear HD to very pixelated and fuzzy for no reason. Then we got some HD channels like the Fox networks(local Fox, Fox News, FS1, Local Fox Sports, Sun Sports etc etc) that are always fuzzy and pixelated but at times has HD mixed into the fuzziness and pixelation it just never looks crystal clear HD. So back in January/February 2015 Comcast switched out one of the boxes twice in one of the rooms and also rewired all the cabling in the walls and the ground at the house and still nothing changed in the slightest bit at all. Also I know its not are TVs because first off when we had DirecTV it was crystal clear HD 24/7 365 with no problems at all, then one of the TV's is a brand new 2015 Vizio 4K Smart TV which upscales all the images to 4K(unless original source is 4K), a 2015 Full HD Samsung smart TV and a $4,000 Sony Smart TV which up until Comcast service all the TVs never had any picture issues whatsoever. I feel like I'm getting cheated for my service because I'm not getting what I paid for because the HD is horrible quality and in my opinion doesn't compare to any other service provider out there in terms of HD, but I'm stuck with Comcast because my building has a contract with Comcast and second I'm so east that I'm unable to get any satellite provider(which my building allows) so I think Comcast doesn't care because they know I have to stick with them or not have any service provider at all and honestly I'm not going to remain with no TV service. Also back in January I had contacted Comcast corporate office and because of these problems and they completely refunded me my money for the first two months and if you were to pull up my account back from January 2015 the notes will reflect this. So with all this being said what can I do? Because I feel like I've done everything I can from rewiring the whole entire house wall and ground, also contacted corporate office and even got refunded like I mentioned before, but still nothing has gotten done to address the issue and to be honest with you I rather have the issue fixed then to get full refunds on my bill.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Have you had a service call?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Did you read what I said? One of the boxes in one of the room with the Vizio 4K TV got switched out from Comcast directly 2 times after the original box was installed. Then on top of it Comcast even rewired my whole entire apartment inside the walls and the ground cable all the way from the main feed box to my unit specifically for my unit which is their next protocol after the work they already did in person prior to that and still after the rewiring nothing changed 1 bit at all. Also, about a month ago I had scheduled another Comcast appointment for them to come out again which would be the 5th tiime related to this issue they would be coming out, but on their own they cancelled their appointment without telling me anything and then once appointment time frame came along I called Comcast and then they told me that it was completely cancelled which I never cancelled at all and I answered all the calls to confirm the appointment. I'm stuck here left with nothing to do I feel like and still not getting the service I pay for with even corporate acknowledgement from back in January/February because they gave a full refund for service not working properly for two months in a row.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

You still need a service call if your picture quality is not acceptable.

Have a tech there and point out what the issue is, and find out what the problem is.

Your HD, and SD for that matter, should be excellent. If it is not, there is a reason.

You know it's not your TV, and not the cabling in your house. That leaves only the signal coming to your house, which only Comcast can check and fix.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

So you know rewiring all the cables inside the wall and the ground cable to the main feed is supposed to improve the signal greatly and that's one reason why they did that. Second they also went to the main meeter room with and was messing around in there for about 30-40 minutes and ended up putting the cable to the best signal in the whole room(#11). Before they switched it they showed me their portable meter and the signal was very very low. But afterwards when they switched it to number 11 on their portable meter the signal was passed the highest line meaning that it's beyond exceptional and they can't get any better signal than what its at now. So after all this the signal is still the same and nothing has changed, there honestly has to be a solution here to get us the HD were paying for because this is ridiculous!
Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Bigj0110,

 

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.



The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

The connection to all of your equipment is looking great @Bigj0110. Now there are several things that often go overlooked that can cause the issues you are experiencing. Do any of the TV's were the box is located, does it have anything on top of them or near that transmits a wireless signal? If it does, try to make sure that were you box is located it does not have anything near that can cause interference and if you have things on top of the actual box it is best to remove this since depending on the equipment this can cause issues. If this is not the case and were the boxes are located have nothing near or on top that can cause interference it would be best to have a tech back out. There is a chance that it could be an issue with the equipment itself or the connectors and can be fixed. I was also unable to see any recent appointment and because of this we might just need to send someone out to double check everything from your end. -FC 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Sorry for the late reply. But sending a technician out will be my 5th service call relating to this from January of 2015 until January of 2016. Also, the boxes have already been switched out multiple times. Multiple technicians even told me there's nothing else we can do if we were to come back out because it will actually downgrade the the signal we already vastly improved. Also, there's nothing on top or next to the boxes and each of your technicians confirm that nothing is blocking the signal as well. I'm a little tech savvy and I no more than most that come on here or call into Comcast, and came to the conclusion that your HD is just not up to par with other service providers and is far from it at least in my area! On top of it I feel like the quality of your boxes are just very cheap and the software on your boxes are very buggy because doing simple things as scrolling down on the guide keep freezing the box where I have to unplug the power and plug it back in resetting box, and this tends to happen quite often on every box we have! Even after multiple replacements of each box! I really wish Comcast will stop sending technicians out because it's been a year and 4 about to be 5 technicians that have came out to fix this issue and each and every time nothing improves with the quality of the service! After a year and 4 technicians that came out I feel like Comcast  is beating around the bush and needs to stop feeding me BS and actually seriously do something to get this fixed once and for all!

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Just an FYI:  I have never had an issue with X1 HD since I had it installed in November of 2013.

 

Something is screwed up with your installation.

 

Any chance you are in an apartment?

 

What X1 box do you have?

 

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

 

Have you ever had a tech visit from a Comcast tech, rather than a contractor to Comcast.

 

Call Comcast customer service again and tell them you need an x1-trained tech.

 

1-877-896-8678

 

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Please post pictures of the picture quality issues you are complaining about. It is nearly impossible for anyone here in this forum to help you unless we can see what you are talking about. Also, please be aware that DirecTV has better picture quality than Comcast does...

What are you comparing the picture quality to now? Have you connected an antenna to your TV and compare the Comcast image to your antenna?

I realize ComcastFrancisc said your signals are OK but Comcast employees cannot see everything remotely. If your boxes are freezing you still have some sort of signal issue. Maybe you have the wrong RF amp. Maybe your cable wiring is not properly grounded. Maybe you have ingress (noise on the lines) which Comcast employees cannot see remotely.

If an X1 box is freezing and or rebooting, in almost all cases it is fighting with signal issues...

Nuff said...


Bigj0110 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. But sending a technician out will be my 5th service call relating to this from January of 2015 until January of 2016. Also, the boxes have already been switched out multiple times. Multiple technicians even told me there's nothing else we can do if we were to come back out because it will actually downgrade the the signal we already vastly improved. Also, there's nothing on top or next to the boxes and each of your technicians confirm that nothing is blocking the signal as well. I'm a little tech savvy and I no more than most that come on here or call into Comcast, and came to the conclusion that your HD is just not up to par with other service providers and is far from it at least in my area! On top of it I feel like the quality of your boxes are just very cheap and the software on your boxes are very buggy because doing simple things as scrolling down on the guide keep freezing the box where I have to unplug the power and plug it back in resetting box, and this tends to happen quite often on every box we have! Even after multiple replacements of each box! I really wish Comcast will stop sending technicians out because it's been a year and 4 about to be 5 technicians that have came out to fix this issue and each and every time nothing improves with the quality of the service! After a year and 4 technicians that came out I feel like Comcast  is beating around the bush and needs to stop feeding me BS and actually seriously do something to get this fixed once and for all!








Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?


Bigj0110 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. But sending a technician out will be my 5th service call relating to this from January of 2015 until January of 2016. Also, the boxes have already been switched out multiple times. Multiple technicians even told me there's nothing else we can do if we were to come back out because it will actually downgrade the the signal we already vastly improved. Also, there's nothing on top or next to the boxes and each of your technicians confirm that nothing is blocking the signal as well. I'm a little tech savvy and I no more than most that come on here or call into Comcast, and came to the conclusion that your HD is just not up to par with other service providers and is far from it at least in my area! On top of it I feel like the quality of your boxes are just very cheap and the software on your boxes are very buggy because doing simple things as scrolling down on the guide keep freezing the box where I have to unplug the power and plug it back in resetting box, and this tends to happen quite often on every box we have! Even after multiple replacements of each box! I really wish Comcast will stop sending technicians out because it's been a year and 4 about to be 5 technicians that have came out to fix this issue and each and every time nothing improves with the quality of the service! After a year and 4 technicians that came out I feel like Comcast  is beating around the bush and needs to stop feeding me BS and actually seriously do something to get this fixed once and for all!


comcast by law can not 'degrade' your HD on broadcast channels as they are required to put on the cable all the information in the signal. You may (comcast red letter techs can check it) have bad signal levels at your home. 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

I completely understand that DirecTV may have better picture quality than Comcast, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is after all these techs that came here and did all the rewiring and what not, majority of the HD channels come in very pixelated and stay that way and doesn't look HD at all. Then I have some channels that come in nice and clear HD but then would look horrible and not HD and then bounce back to looking crystal clear HD, almost as if it was a video that was buffering and bouncing in between HD and pixelation. Then like I mentioned before I have some channels like Fox network channels(local Fox, Fox News, FS1, FX, FXX, local Fox Sports, and Sun Sports) that are just pixelated all the time like around the scoreboard on the screen on sport games or around text that pop up on the screen during actually shows/news and commercials, and it just doesn't look right and doesn't look HD and you can the HD is off(even for Comcast quality). Then the channel ESPN, like during the NFL Monday Night Football broadcast all season long for example the HD picture on the HD channel would look really bright and you can tell the overall picture of the HD is off and and isn't how HD quality is supposed to look(even for Comcast quality). Then also on ESPN for example watching sports center, pictures that moves very fast or the graphic/FX for Sports Center that says Sports Center in between video clips would look very pixelated and grainy especially when the graphic/FX is moving. On top of that the scores on the bottom on ESPN that never go away pretty much look very pixelated and the Sports Center logo on the bottom right of the scores looks very pixelated when the text is moving. Those are just some of the examples for that channel ESPN and other channels and what's going on. Even after all those technicians came out and did what I said nothing has changed one bit and you can see from a mile away that there's something wrong with the HD. Then on top of that the boxes in all the rooms have been replaced multiple times and still simple things like going up or down at a normal speed in the guide will completely freeze the box to where have to unplug it from the power and plug it back in and do a soft reset, I mean after so many technicians came out things like this should have been fixed! I really wish Comcast will own up for their problems and fix their problems rather than beating around the bush and not fixing my situation correctly to give me the service I should be getting! I'm not asking for more than what Comcast can provide or money off my bill or anything I'm just asking for what I pay for and what I'm supposed to be provided with!

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?


Bigj0110 wrote:
I completely understand that DirecTV may have better picture quality than Comcast, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is after all these techs that came here and did all the rewiring and what not, majority of the HD channels come in very pixelated and stay that way and doesn't look HD at all. Then I have some channels that come in nice and clear HD but then and would look horrible and not HD and then bounce back to looking crystal clear HD almost as if it was a video that was buffering and bouncing in between HD and pixelation. Then like I mentioned before I have some channels like Fox network channels(local Fox, Fox News, FS1, FX, FXX, local Fox Sports, and Sun Sports) that are just pixelated all the time like around the scoreboard on the screen on sport games or around text that pop up on the screen during actually shows/news and commercials, and it just doesn't look right and doesn't look HD and you can the HD is off(even for Comcast quality). Then the channel ESPN, like during the NFL Monday Night Football broadcast all season long for example the HD picture on the HD channel would look really bright and you can tell the overall picture of the HD is off and and isn't how HD quality is supposed to look(even for Comcast quality). Then also on ESPN for example watching sports center picture that moves very fast or the graphic for Sports Center that says Sports Center in between video clips would look very pixelated and grainy especially when the graphic is moving. On top of that the scores on the bottom on ESPN that never go away pretty much look very pixelated and the Sports Center logo on the bottom right of the scores looks very pixelated when the text is moving. Those are just some of the examples for that channel ESPN and other channels and what's going on. Again even after all those techs came out nothing has changed and everything is still the same.

assuming your TV is 1080 capable hit exit exit exit 1080

 

every tech i've had install a new x1 leaves it in default 720 resolution

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

All the boxes are already set to 1080p and I know it's not my TV's because one of them is a $4,000 Sony Bravia(and every other thing comes in HD except Comcast), a 2015 Samsung Full HD smart TV, and another one is a 2015 Vizio 4K Smart TV which automatically upscales everything to 4K unless the content is native 4K quality then it will just played in 4K not upscale it(but theres no native 4K broadcast or content on Comcast yet). Like I said before five technicians came out here and even did a complete rewire and still this is going on. Comcast corporate office even acknowledged this problem going on and on their own gave me two months off the bill without me asking just for these problems but the problems didn't resolve even though they gave me money off. I rather have the correct service then get any money off which I wasn't looking for in the first place!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

I still think you have signal issues. Are you gonna post some pics of what you are seeing?

However please tell me you aren't making these picture quality observations on your Vizio TV...???

Regardless of what you have read or what you may have been told, Vizio is a 2nd tier (in some cases 3rd tier) TV product. They are not top of the line (maybe their new reference series might change that) in any way, shape or form.

Much of what you are saying sounds like the penalty you pay when you buy a cheaper TV or a 60hz refresh rate TV. Also, there are picture quality settings in most of today's TVs that could explain some of your concerns.

Like I said earlier, we can't see what you are seeing. That is why I think you should post pictures.

FYI, just because you received a credit does not mean Comcast acknowledged anything... It is stated in their terms and conditions of service.

The more I read your posts, the more I think you are either pointing fingers in the wrong direction or you are over thinking things.

However, why don't you take a few minutes to learn how to check your own signals??? It is discussed every day in this forum. Maybe you should post your signal levels here in this thread so we can evaluate them.





Bigj0110 wrote:
I completely understand thatDirecTV may have better picture quality than Comcast, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is after all these techs that came here and did all the rewiring and what not, majority of theHD channels come in verypixelated and stay that way and doesn't lookHD at all. Then I have some channels that come in nice and clearHD but then and would look horrible and notHD and then bounce back to looking crystal clearHD almost as if it was a video that was buffering and bouncing in betweenHD andpixelation. Then like I mentioned before I have some channels like Fox network channels(local Fox, Fox News,FS1,FX,FXX, local Fox Sports, and Sun Sports) that are justpixelated all the time like around the scoreboard on the screen on sport games or around text that pop up on the screen during actually shows/news and commercials, and it just doesn't look right and doesn't lookHD and you can theHD is off(even for Comcast quality). Then the channel ESPN, like during the NFL Monday Night Football broadcast all season long for example theHD picture on theHD channel would look really bright and you can tell the overall picture of theHD is off and and isn't howHD quality is supposed to look(even for Comcast quality). Then also on ESPN for example watching sports center picture that moves very fast or the graphic for Sports Center that says Sports Center in between video clips would look verypixelated and grainy especially when the graphic is moving. On top of that the scores on the bottom on ESPN that never go away pretty much look verypixelated and the Sports Center logo on the bottom right of the scores looks verypixelated when the text is moving. Those are just some of the examples for that channel ESPN and other channels and what's going on. Again even after all those techs came out nothing has changed and everything is still the same.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

I'm making those observations based off my $4,000 Sony Bravia TV, my 2015 full HD Samsung Smart TV and the Vizio 4K TV(all the TVs 55 inch). But then I'm also going to a family members house that has like a newer model 70 inch Samsung TV with HD Comcast and surround sound and their picture looks phenomenal on all the channels I've mentioned and every single HD channel I've watched multiple times being at my family members house. On top of that you said don't compare the Comcast quality by my Vizio tv, but watching the built in Netflix app including 4K content or using my playstation 4 on the Vizio TV the picture is phenomenal. Even the 4K upscaling for non 4K netflix content, or for the Playstation looks really good, it looks better than 1080P but not quite 4K something in between 1080P and 4K. Also I just looked in the manual for my 4K Vizio and its not coming in at 60Hz it's coming in at 120Hz(same goes for the sony bravia TV I mentioned) which is much better and should cause less of these problems and describing. 

 

Then on top of that Comcast themselves reply to this post and told me that my signal looks to be fine, but if you want to signal check I will do so later when I wake up.


RickGr4 wrote:

I still think you have signal issues. Are you gonna post some pics of what you are seeing?

However please tell me you aren't making these picture quality observations on your Vizio TV...???

Regardless of what you have read or what you may have been told, Vizio is a 2nd tier (in some cases 3rd tier) TV product. They are not top of the line (maybe their new reference series might change that) in any way, shape or form.

Much of what you are saying sounds like the penalty you pay when you buy a cheaper TV or a 60hz refresh rate TV. Also, there are picture quality settings in most of today's TVs that could explain some of your concerns.

Like I said earlier, we can't see what you are seeing. That is why I think you should post pictures.

FYI, just because you received a credit does not mean Comcast acknowledged anything... It is stated in their terms and conditions of service.

The more I read your posts, the more I think you are either pointing fingers in the wrong direction or you are over thinking things.

However, why don't you take a few minutes to learn how to check your own signals??? It is discussed every day in this forum. Maybe you should post your signal levels here in this thread so we can evaluate them.





Bigj0110 wrote:
I completely understand thatDirecTV may have better picture quality than Comcast, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is after all these techs that came here and did all the rewiring and what not, majority of theHD channels come in verypixelated and stay that way and doesn't lookHD at all. Then I have some channels that come in nice and clearHD but then and would look horrible and notHD and then bounce back to looking crystal clearHD almost as if it was a video that was buffering and bouncing in betweenHD andpixelation. Then like I mentioned before I have some channels like Fox network channels(local Fox, Fox News,FS1,FX,FXX, local Fox Sports, and Sun Sports) that are justpixelated all the time like around the scoreboard on the screen on sport games or around text that pop up on the screen during actually shows/news and commercials, and it just doesn't look right and doesn't lookHD and you can theHD is off(even for Comcast quality). Then the channel ESPN, like during the NFL Monday Night Football broadcast all season long for example theHD picture on theHD channel would look really bright and you can tell the overall picture of theHD is off and and isn't howHD quality is supposed to look(even for Comcast quality). Then also on ESPN for example watching sports center picture that moves very fast or the graphic for Sports Center that says Sports Center in between video clips would look verypixelated and grainy especially when the graphic is moving. On top of that the scores on the bottom on ESPN that never go away pretty much look verypixelated and the Sports Center logo on the bottom right of the scores looks verypixelated when the text is moving. Those are just some of the examples for that channel ESPN and other channels and what's going on. Again even after all those techs came out nothing has changed and everything is still the same.


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Also, it's about 1:30AM for me so later after I go to sleep and wake up I'm going to gather some pictures together and post it on here


RickGr4 wrote:

I still think you have signal issues. Are you gonna post some pics of what you are seeing?

However please tell me you aren't making these picture quality observations on your Vizio TV...???

Regardless of what you have read or what you may have been told, Vizio is a 2nd tier (in some cases 3rd tier) TV product. They are not top of the line (maybe their new reference series might change that) in any way, shape or form.

Much of what you are saying sounds like the penalty you pay when you buy a cheaper TV or a 60hz refresh rate TV. Also, there are picture quality settings in most of today's TVs that could explain some of your concerns.

Like I said earlier, we can't see what you are seeing. That is why I think you should post pictures.

FYI, just because you received a credit does not mean Comcast acknowledged anything... It is stated in their terms and conditions of service.

The more I read your posts, the more I think you are either pointing fingers in the wrong direction or you are over thinking things.

However, why don't you take a few minutes to learn how to check your own signals??? It is discussed every day in this forum. Maybe you should post your signal levels here in this thread so we can evaluate them.





Bigj0110 wrote:
I completely understand thatDirecTV may have better picture quality than Comcast, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is after all these techs that came here and did all the rewiring and what not, majority of theHD channels come in verypixelated and stay that way and doesn't lookHD at all. Then I have some channels that come in nice and clearHD but then and would look horrible and notHD and then bounce back to looking crystal clearHD almost as if it was a video that was buffering and bouncing in betweenHD andpixelation. Then like I mentioned before I have some channels like Fox network channels(local Fox, Fox News,FS1,FX,FXX, local Fox Sports, and Sun Sports) that are justpixelated all the time like around the scoreboard on the screen on sport games or around text that pop up on the screen during actually shows/news and commercials, and it just doesn't look right and doesn't lookHD and you can theHD is off(even for Comcast quality). Then the channel ESPN, like during the NFL Monday Night Football broadcast all season long for example theHD picture on theHD channel would look really bright and you can tell the overall picture of theHD is off and and isn't howHD quality is supposed to look(even for Comcast quality). Then also on ESPN for example watching sports center picture that moves very fast or the graphic for Sports Center that says Sports Center in between video clips would look verypixelated and grainy especially when the graphic is moving. On top of that the scores on the bottom on ESPN that never go away pretty much look verypixelated and the Sports Center logo on the bottom right of the scores looks verypixelated when the text is moving. Those are just some of the examples for that channel ESPN and other channels and what's going on. Again even after all those techs came out nothing has changed and everything is still the same.


 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

How old is your Sony?

Also, any Samsung 1080p full HD TV set is a 60hz refresh rate panel.

At this point I am thinking three things:

1. You still have signal issues.

2. You are over estimating the quality of your TV sets or they are older sets. I also think many of your picture quality concerns are the direct result of 60hz refresh rate LCD panels. RIP plasma TV sets...

3. There are picture quality settings in your TV sets that could help with or possibly solve your concerns.



Bigj0110 wrote:

I'm making those observations based off my $4,000 Sony Bravia TV, my 2015 full HD Samsung Smart TV and the Vizio 4K TV(all the TVs 55 inch). But then I'm also going to a family members house that has like a newer model 70 inch Samsung TV with HD Comcast and surround sound and their picture looks phenomenal on all the channels I've mentioned and every single HD channel I've watched multiple times being at my family members house. On top of that you said don't compare the Comcast quality by my Vizio tv, but watching the built in Netflix app including 4K content or using my playstation 4 on the Vizio TV the picture is phenomenal. Even the 4K upscaling for non 4K netflix content, or for the Playstation looks really good, it looks better than 1080P but not quite 4K something in between 1080P and 4K. 


RickGr4 wrote:

I still think you have signal issues. Are you gonna post some pics of what you are seeing?

However please tell me you aren't making these picture quality observations on your Vizio TV...???

Regardless of what you have read or what you may have been told, Vizio is a 2nd tier (in some cases 3rd tier) TV product. They are not top of the line (maybe their new reference series might change that) in any way, shape or form.

Much of what you are saying sounds like the penalty you pay when you buy a cheaper TV or a 60hz refresh rate TV. Also, there are picture quality settings in most of today's TVs that could explain some of your concerns.

Like I said earlier, we can't see what you are seeing. That is why I think you should post pictures.

FYI, just because you received a credit does not mean Comcast acknowledged anything... It is stated in their terms and conditions of service.

The more I read your posts, the more I think you are either pointing fingers in the wrong direction or you are over thinking things.

However, why don't you take a few minutes to learn how to check your own signals??? It is discussed every day in this forum. Maybe you should post your signal levels here in this thread so we can evaluate them.





Bigj0110 wrote:
I completely understand thatDirecTV may have better picture quality than Comcast, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is after all these techs that came here and did all the rewiring and what not, majority of theHD channels come in verypixelated and stay that way and doesn't lookHD at all. Then I have some channels that come in nice and clearHD but then and would look horrible and notHD and then bounce back to looking crystal clearHD almost as if it was a video that was buffering and bouncing in betweenHD andpixelation. Then like I mentioned before I have some channels like Fox network channels(local Fox, Fox News,FS1,FX,FXX, local Fox Sports, and Sun Sports) that are justpixelated all the time like around the scoreboard on the screen on sport games or around text that pop up on the screen during actually shows/news and commercials, and it just doesn't look right and doesn't lookHD and you can theHD is off(even for Comcast quality). Then the channel ESPN, like during the NFL Monday Night Football broadcast all season long for example theHD picture on theHD channel would look really bright and you can tell the overall picture of theHD is off and and isn't howHD quality is supposed to look(even for Comcast quality). Then also on ESPN for example watching sports center picture that moves very fast or the graphic for Sports Center that says Sports Center in between video clips would look verypixelated and grainy especially when the graphic is moving. On top of that the scores on the bottom on ESPN that never go away pretty much look verypixelated and the Sports Center logo on the bottom right of the scores looks verypixelated when the text is moving. Those are just some of the examples for that channel ESPN and other channels and what's going on. Again even after all those techs came out nothing has changed and everything is still the same.


 


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

If I remember correctly the Sony Bravia TV is a 2010 model, but the Vizio 4K TV is the latest Vizio model out on the market(P series) that just released last summer and both of them are 120hz NOT 60Hz. Then the Samsung Smart TV is also one of the latest models on the market it's a 2015 model, but its 60Hz and still having the same problems as the other 2 TVs. I know the quality is capable of being much better than it is because again I compared it to the family members 70 inch TV that's using an older model box the one before the X1 platform while I'm using the X1 platform and the quality is way better for them as good as DIRECTV's quality if not better, but that's far from the case for me! Also, I don't know if this makes a difference, but the family member I'm comparing the service quality with lives in the same county as me, just 25-30 min away in a different city.


RickGr4 wrote:

How old is your Sony?

Also, any Samsung 1080p full HD TV set is a 60hz refresh rate panel.

At this point I am thinking three things:

1. You still have signal issues.

2. You are over estimating the quality of your TV sets or they are older sets. I also think many of your picture quality concerns are the direct result of 60hz refresh rate LCD panels. RIP plasma TV sets...

3. There are picture quality settings in your TV sets that could help with or possibly solve your concerns.



Bigj0110 wrote:

I'm making those observations based off my $4,000 Sony Bravia TV, my 2015 full HD Samsung Smart TV and the Vizio 4K TV(all the TVs 55 inch). But then I'm also going to a family members house that has like a newer model 70 inch Samsung TV with HD Comcast and surround sound and their picture looks phenomenal on all the channels I've mentioned and every single HD channel I've watched multiple times being at my family members house. On top of that you said don't compare the Comcast quality by my Vizio tv, but watching the built in Netflix app including 4K content or using my playstation 4 on the Vizio TV the picture is phenomenal. Even the 4K upscaling for non 4K netflix content, or for the Playstation looks really good, it looks better than 1080P but not quite 4K something in between 1080P and 4K. 


RickGr4 wrote:

I still think you have signal issues. Are you gonna post some pics of what you are seeing?

However please tell me you aren't making these picture quality observations on your Vizio TV...???

Regardless of what you have read or what you may have been told, Vizio is a 2nd tier (in some cases 3rd tier) TV product. They are not top of the line (maybe their new reference series might change that) in any way, shape or form.

Much of what you are saying sounds like the penalty you pay when you buy a cheaper TV or a 60hz refresh rate TV. Also, there are picture quality settings in most of today's TVs that could explain some of your concerns.

Like I said earlier, we can't see what you are seeing. That is why I think you should post pictures.

FYI, just because you received a credit does not mean Comcast acknowledged anything... It is stated in their terms and conditions of service.

The more I read your posts, the more I think you are either pointing fingers in the wrong direction or you are over thinking things.

However, why don't you take a few minutes to learn how to check your own signals??? It is discussed every day in this forum. Maybe you should post your signal levels here in this thread so we can evaluate them.





Bigj0110 wrote:
I completely understand thatDirecTV may have better picture quality than Comcast, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is after all these techs that came here and did all the rewiring and what not, majority of theHD channels come in verypixelated and stay that way and doesn't lookHD at all. Then I have some channels that come in nice and clearHD but then and would look horrible and notHD and then bounce back to looking crystal clearHD almost as if it was a video that was buffering and bouncing in betweenHD andpixelation. Then like I mentioned before I have some channels like Fox network channels(local Fox, Fox News,FS1,FX,FXX, local Fox Sports, and Sun Sports) that are justpixelated all the time like around the scoreboard on the screen on sport games or around text that pop up on the screen during actually shows/news and commercials, and it just doesn't look right and doesn't lookHD and you can theHD is off(even for Comcast quality). Then the channel ESPN, like during the NFL Monday Night Football broadcast all season long for example theHD picture on theHD channel would look really bright and you can tell the overall picture of theHD is off and and isn't howHD quality is supposed to look(even for Comcast quality). Then also on ESPN for example watching sports center picture that moves very fast or the graphic for Sports Center that says Sports Center in between video clips would look verypixelated and grainy especially when the graphic is moving. On top of that the scores on the bottom on ESPN that never go away pretty much look verypixelated and the Sports Center logo on the bottom right of the scores looks verypixelated when the text is moving. Those are just some of the examples for that channel ESPN and other channels and what's going on. Again even after all those techs came out nothing has changed and everything is still the same.


 


 


 

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?


Bigj0110 wrote:

If I remember correctly the Sony Bravia TV is a 2010 model, but the Vizio 4K TV is the latest Vizio model out on the market(P series) that just released last summer and both of them are 120hz NOT 60Hz. Then the Samsung Smart TV is also one of the latest models on the market it's a 2015 model, but its 60Hz and still having the same problems as the other 2 TVs. I know the quality is capable of being much better than it is because again I compared it to the family members 70 inch TV that's using an older model box the one before the X1 platform while I'm using the X1 platform and the quality is way better for them as good as DIRECTV's quality if not better, but that's far from the case for me! Also, I don't know if this makes a difference, but the family member I'm comparing the service quality with lives in the same county as me, just 25-30 min away in a different city.





 


 


 


FYI, my Samsung 3D LED TV has a max refresh rate ot 240.  Comcast recently upgraded the Houston market to MPEG-4 and I have a noticeably better picture with the 60hz refresh rate that Comcast provides.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?



Robert,

Motion rates and refresh rates are two different things. Your Samsung TV has a 240 motion rate but the actual refresh rate of the LCD panel is 120hz.

Samsung calls it Motion Rate 240 because the LCD panel refreshes at 120hz then Samsung inserts black frames which "simulate" 240. 

The native refresh rate of the LCD panel is what really matters. In today's current TV sets, there is only two native refresh rates available: 60hz or 120hz. 120hz is HIGHLY desirable. Motion rates are advertising jargon. Sony claims "Motion Flow 960". Just like Samsung's "Motion Rate 240" it is pointless.

FYI, currently any Sony 4K TV is also a 120hz TV. With Samsung, 120hz TVs start with the 7100 series. Anything below a 7100 series in Samsung model lineup is a 60hz panel.



RobertWy wrote:

Bigj0110 wrote:

If I remember correctly the Sony Bravia TV is a 2010 model, but the Vizio 4K TV is the latest Vizio model out on the market(P series) that just released last summer and both of them are 120hz NOT 60Hz. Then the Samsung Smart TV is also one of the latest models on the market it's a 2015 model, but its 60Hz and still having the same problems as the other 2 TVs. I know the quality is capable of being much better than it is because again I compared it to the family members 70 inch TV that's using an older model box the one before the X1 platform while I'm using the X1 platform and the quality is way better for them as good as DIRECTV's quality if not better, but that's far from the case for me! Also, I don't know if this makes a difference, but the family member I'm comparing the service quality with lives in the same county as me, just 25-30 min away in a different city.





 


 


 


FYI, my Samsung 3D LED TV has a max refresh rate ot 240.  Comcast recently upgraded the Houston market to MPEG-4 and I have a noticeably better picture with the 60hz refresh rate that Comcast provides.


 

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

My mistake.  Thanks for setting me straight.  I forgot about all that when I bought the set years ago.

 

Edit:

 

I will replace it when I can get an HDR set for a reasonable price.

 

I am very pleased with the set's performance and it will be difficult to justify replacing it.

 

60 inches is the largest that will fit in the space, so that helps. <VBG>




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Ok thanks, I know all this already though. Plus this doesn't help me because I'm trying to get this resolved and obviously it has not gotten resolved! I also have the better refresh rate 120Hz for 2 out of the 3 TVs but all 3 TVs do it the same exact way and looks pretty much the same. On top of that Samsung came to my house just to deal with the picture quality and they came to the conclusion that it was Comcast not the TV itself after doing multiple tests and even a test with some box they brought and tested it via the HDMI port. Also, I was having some software and Wi-Fi card glitches with the Vizio TV along with the same picture issues and Vizio themselves replaced my TV twice. Plus on the current Vizio TV they even went and switch out the motherboard in front of me at my house the same day they brought the 2nd replacement TV. So obviously it's the quality of the HD that is coming in from Comcast and the networks itself because getting 1 TV replaced twice. Then having the other TV manufacturer tech come out and declare that its Comcast and not the TV malfunctioning and then the fact that Comcast came out here 4 times and even did a complet rewire and a single boost in the meter room 2 different times in front of me and showed me on their portable meter(which was over the top and exceptional signal according to the meter) and the picture quality still looks the same witch is horrible! In my opinion I don't even know how they get away with marketing this as HD quality at least for my area! The quality of this HD is a complete joke!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Also on top of what I just said Comcast corporate office acknowledged these issues directly to me on the phone. So what I don't understand is if they acknowledge these issues in January of 2015 how come they haven't done anything to improve the quality not even in the slightest bit since then. This is ridiculous that a huge company like this continues to lie to the customers and can't for whatever reason fix their problems within a year!

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

It sounds like you are out of options, other than changing providers or moving to another part of the country that has better connections to the Comcast servers.

 

As I said, my HD is as good as it is going to be until HDR comes to the Houston area where I live.

 

I have seen complaints from other X1 customers who live in areas that are not well-served by Comcast.

 

Even today, not everyone had Cloud, as an example:

 

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

 

Where is X1 DVR with Cloud Technology available now?
X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available in all markets where X1 service is available except for the following:

  • Michigan and Indiana markets including the Detroit Metro Area
  • Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
  • Chattanooga, TN
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Independence, MO
  • Paducah, KY
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Huntsville, AL
  • Mobile, AL
  • Dothan, AL



Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Sorry for the late reply again. This is the movie Me You and Dupree with Owen Wilson Matt Dillon and Kate Hudson via on demand HD on the 4K TV and as you can see from the picture its pixelated. Well that's what I'm talking about with all my HD channels eventually at some point will get pixelated like this and even worse at times. This is one of the problems with the HD I'm talking about this shouldn't happen especially when its coming from on demand and its playing on a 4k TV that automatically upscales all the content to 4K unless its native 4K content.

 

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Weird.  I have never had your issue on any of my four TV's, one of which is a Samsung 3D Smart TV.

 

If I were you, I would call Comcast tech support and ask them to open a ticket. 

 

I have no way to know whether your issue is a 4k TV issue or not.

 

1-877-896-8678




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Why don't you search this forum and learn how to check your own signal levels the post the results here... I think you still have unresolved signal issues...

Your pictures did not come through...

Maybe you might want to put some thought to the picture settings on your TV sets: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-a-tv-up-by-eye/

Also, you are over thinking the importance of 4K.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

I know there's a lot of stuff what I said prior read that if you can please. I said prior that Comcast already been out here 4 times and even went to the main meeter and was there for 40 minutes and at the end of the day he ended up showing me on his portable meter box that they bring signal was exceptional signal in the signal was above the top of the highest bar exceeding it. On top of that they already rewired my whole entire house from the main feed/meeter as well and Comcast corporate already acknowledged that this was going on on all my HD channels that I was having multiple problems with them since January of 2015 and they told me on the phone personally directly and gave me two months free service because of it. But like I said before from January 2015 to January 2016 there are unable to fix this on every single HD channel, some HD channels look way worse than that. There's too much stuff for me to repeat from what I said prior to this but you get the point that this multiple quality issues with every single HD channel and on demand HD 

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Sorry but I have my doubts. Why don't you show us the proof???

Besides you claim to still be having problems. If I were having the problems you claim to be having I would not accept anyone else's word, especially when testing your own signals is so easy to do.

FYI, "high" signal doesn't always matter with X1. Quality of signal does.

FYI#2, if your X1 service is really that bad then why don't you go back to DirecTV. Earlier you admitted that you knew DirecTV has better picture quality than Comcast (they do).

 


Bigj0110 wrote:

If you look above Comcast had replied themselves and said my signal is very good. On top of that when the Comcast technicians came out here they showed me on their meter and it was above the highest bar it can be surpassing it and told me there was exceptional signal. It has nothing to do with my signal as they rewired my whole entire house cables and I been out here four times and Comcast corporate even acknowledges that there is problems directly to me on the phone and it's more than signal and that's why I got two months of free service directly from Comcast corporate because of this and they told me so on the phone directly. 




 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Like I stated earlier I had DirecTV since the 90's and only had Comcast for Internet, but the thing is I moved to a condominium right on the beach with full ocean view and because I'm so east and I'm one of the apartments thats unable to get SW for DirecTV satellite signal. I was living in another condominium on the beach before, but they had a multi dwelling unit on top of the building so it wasn't an issue, I moved here in January 2015 I offered to pay out of my own pocket to put a multi dwelling unit on the building but they said no. Also what I mean by better quality is that DIRECTV never gave me any picture issues and was always crystal clear HD plus in my opinion the overall quality of the HD just looks better and the quality of the HD was never an issue such as pixelating one minute and then looking crystal clear the next or giving me the issues like I explained above in previous post with all the Fox channels and ESPN and Monday Night Football etc.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Here is the test 

 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?



This thread has turned into a broken record. Personally, I think there is missing information here and I am questioning the validity of some of the things you are saying and I am also questioning how much effort you are putting into resolving this.

Clearly Comcast can't make you happy. Also, I don't see Comcast employees swarming to help you here.

 

It is probably best you find another TV service provider. Or go back to Comcast legacy boxes.

FYI, from what I understand, legally an association cannot deny that you install a dish. They need to figure out access.

 


Bigj0110 wrote:

Like I stated earlier I had DirecTV since the 90's and only had Comcast for Internet, but the thing is I moved to a condominium right on the beach with full ocean view and because I'm so east so and I'm one of the apartments thats unable to get SW for DirecTV satellite signal. I was living in another condominium on the beach before, but they had a multi dwelling unit on top of the building so it wasn't an issue, I moved here in January 2015 I offered to pay out of my own pocket to put a multi dwelling unit on the building but they said no. Also what I mean by better quality is that DIRECTV never gave me any picture issues and was always crystal clear HD plus in my opinion the overall quality of the HD just looks better and the quality of the HD was never an issue such as pixelating one minute and then looking crystal clear the next or giving me the issues like I explained above in previous post with all the Fox channels and ESPN and Monday Night Football etc.







Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

I'm putting a lot of effort into this because I pay a lot for this service for the best TV package and &nbsp;the fastest speed internet I can get in my area and all I'm asking for to get just basic HD coming in like supposed to. I'm just getting pis sed off that I can't get my service to work! Also the problem is I'm not able to switch providers because again I don't have signal to get DIRECTV even though they allowed dishes on the balcony(but no multi dwelling unit) and we cannot get another cable provider as my building has a contract with Comcast for cable and that's the only cable provider we're allowed. Also what information am I missing? Comcast knows and completely believes me about this and they agree with me, they just can't figure out why my TV is not coming in correctly after so many people coming out here even again after corporate believed me to the point that they gave me two months free January and February of 2015 once corporate talked to me on the phone directly back in January 2015. I mean everyday I have to reset all 3 TVs boxes at least once a day because I get the RDK-03032 error for changing the channel at a normal pace or going through the guide at a normal pace or looking through on demand to find a movie or TV show at a normal pace. I mean come on I shouldn't have this going on especially when I pay $200 a month for the best everything in my area!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Obviously nobody in the forum can help you or they would have by now. You need to find your help elsewhere.

Try your local cable/communications commission. They enforce franchise agreements with cable companies.

Sorry but this forum isn't going to be able to help you.




Bigj0110 wrote:

I'm putting a lot of effort into this because I pay for this service a lot of money the best package in the best fastest speed internet I can get in my area and all I'm asking for to get just basic HD coming in like supposed to. I'm just getting pis sed off that I can't get my service to work! Also the problem is I'm not able to switch providers because again I don't have signal to get DIRECTV even though they allowed dishes on the balcony and we cannot get another cable provider as my building has a contract with Comcast for cable and that's the only cable provider we're allowed. Also what information am I missing? Comcast knows and completely believes me about this and they agree with me, they just can't figure out why my TV is not coming in correctly after so many people coming out here even again corporate believed me to the point that they gave me two months free January and February of 2015 once corporate talked to me on the phone directly back in January 2015.





Frequent Visitor

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

I've already tried that and they've done nothing about it since January of 2015. So Comcast corporate cant help me, these forms from Comcast can't help me, the local Commission can't help me or refuses to help me and do anything about it, Better Business Bureau really didn't do anything for me when I called, I can't get DirecTV because of signal issues and they won't even let me pay out of my own pocket to build a multi dwelling unit for the building. I mean sorry to keep posting here when 99.9 .9% these forms are not going to help me, but what are my options after I did all this? That's the reason why I came back on here because I tried all that prior to coming back on here

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Like I said, nobody here can help you or they would have by now.

Mods it is probably time to lock down this thread...



New Poster

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

Any luck with your HD issues?  I ask because I switched from directv, to Comcast, and have very similar issues to what you seem to have, or had, been going through. So I Googled and came across this thread. It's 2 years old but my issues seem very much in line with yours. Any solutions to your problem? Other than being questioned for your "validity". I agree grainy and pixelating are words that can connotate picture quality directly relating to a tv's settings or inferior hardware, which do not apply to any of your TVs you listed by basic deduction of you having none of those issues with directv. Maybe I'm wrong but I think all you were trying to convey was a bad picture that didn't meet up to prior directv usage with the same TVs. Freezing, artifacts and blocky distorted playback is my issue. And possibly fall under similar terms for your Comcast picture. But only on certain HD channels. Like CNN is fine but HLN is not. More of a interference "look" that I had during bad satellite reception with directv during inclement weather. Just wondering if you had any luck since your last post? Thanks.

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?


Pacoban71 wrote:

Any luck with your HD issues?  I ask because I switched from directv, to Comcast, and have very similar issues to what you seem to have, or had, been going through. So I Googled and came across this thread. It's 2 years old but my issues seem very much in line with yours. Any solutions to your problem? Other than being questioned for your "validity". I agree grainy and pixelating are words that can connotate picture quality directly relating to a tv's settings or inferior hardware, which do not apply to any of your TVs you listed by basic deduction of you having none of those issues with directv. Maybe I'm wrong but I think all you were trying to convey was a bad picture that didn't meet up to prior directv usage with the same TVs. Freezing, artifacts and blocky distorted playback is my issue. And possibly fall under similar terms for your Comcast picture. But only on certain HD channels. Like CNN is fine but HLN is not. More of a interference "look" that I had during bad satellite reception with directv during inclement weather. Just wondering if you had any luck since your last post? Thanks.


pixelating is caused by low signal levels or high noise levels or both. you need an in-house tech out to read the 'meter' on each channel and determine the problem. Issue may not be inside your house.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

My HD quality is terrible through Comcast. I have a 1080p brand new projector. Apple TV looks amazing, while the Comcast signal looks horrible. I have had a tech out and this I guess is as good as it gets....frustrating.
Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?


rjg393 wrote:
My HD quality is terrible through Comcast. I have a 1080p brand new projector. Apple TV looks amazing, while the Comcast signal looks horrible. I have had a tech out and this I guess is as good as it gets....frustrating.

what is your 'output' resolution set to on the X1 set top box? are you viewing actual HD channels or SD?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: Ongoing issues with the quality of HD?

I've never heard anyone being able to use a projector with the X1 system.  Neither are PC monitors.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&f...




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 5125 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation