Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

One time recording on DVR for a marathon of shows

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

One time recording on DVR for a marathon of shows

Occasionally, an older TV series I am interested in will have a "marathon" of old episodes on a particular date.  I find it annoying to have to schedule each one separately in the DVR, especially for 1/2 hour shows, when the marathon lasts for 6+ hours.

Is there any way to select a time range on a particular channel to have all the shows in that time span recorded?  Please don't suggest recording all episodes for that show, then delete it from future scheduled recordings after the marathon has taken place.  That just clutters up the scheduled shows menu with a bunch of "cancelled" shows.

Accepted Solution

Re: One time recording on DVR for a marathon of shows

With the guide up, use the left arrow to highlight the channel. Press record and you can set the parameters you need. Choose the day/date and time frame,I think up to 12 or 13 hours
View answer in context
Official Employee

With the guide up, use the left arrow to highlight the channel. Press record and you can set the parameters you need. Choose the day/date and time frame,I think up to 12 or 13 hours

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

That does the trick.  Thanks!!  This will also be useful when there is a special news report not picked up by the guide you would want recorded.

Our DVR allows a recording duration of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or between 1 to 12 hours in 1 hour increments (1, 2, 3, ..., 12 hours).  Start time is selectable to any minute in a day.

It would appear there are limitations to this method.  You lose the ability to document which individual shows were recorded, but if that is an issue, just record normally.

Regular Contributor

Side question to my own topic: When entering in the hour and minute of the start time for programming a specific channel, I seem to be able to only use the up or down arrow keys on the remote to change the minute field.  It is painstakingly slow to change this field.  Is there a button press that will quickly set the minutes to :00 or increment to the nearest :15 or :30?

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation