Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

On/Off Problems with Box and TV

New Poster

On/Off Problems with Box and TV

4 Service Calls and many more box exchanges, I still have one box connected to a HD tv that still powers off at night.  That is fine that it conserves energy, but when I wake up and try to turn it on, the box will come back on but the tv will not. The Comcast remote will not turn it back on either. Initially the unplug/plug thing helped, but now that doesn't work.  I am beyond weary with the Comcast lack of knowledge to fix this.  Even when I showed one tech the problem he insisted I did something because it was "impossible" that this could happen.  He told me I needed to have the whole house rewired. The next tech said it was a signal problem and replaced the box again.  But, every time the box shuts down, the TV WILL NOT POWER ON AGAIN.  Can anyone offer a solution or suggestion?  Thanks.

BTW, I have an older model tv has a box that also powers off, but the tv WILL come back on.

Problem Solver

Re: On/Off Problems with Box and TV

Are you using the Comcast remote to power both the tv and the cable-box? If so I would just use the tv remote to control the television, and the Comcast remote for the cable-box. If you do not know how to clear the code for tv on the remote, then turn the cable-box on or off with the button on the box.

Can you television receive channels over the air with an antenna? 

Expert

adding.., would you use the voice remote "Comcast labs" and see if HDMI link is 'off' ?

Expert

Image result for x1 power save option

New Poster

Same problem. I think i figured it out by myself - no help from comcast/xfinity.  first unplug cable box from tv.  do a master reset on tv.  plug cable box in.  turn off each night with only tv supplied remote and turn on with same tv remote.  

Expert

@abbey2 wrote:

Same problem. I think i figured it out by myself - no help from comcast/xfinity.  first unplug cable box from tv.  do a master reset on tv.  plug cable box in.  turn off each night with only tv supplied remote and turn on with same tv remote.  

That's interesting.  My XR11 remote All Power button turns off all 6 of my TV's.  One remote is an XR15 and it does the same thing.  You shouldn't have to do that.