Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No signal message after Tv is turned on (X1 and Sony Bravia UHD 4K)

New Poster

No signal message after Tv is turned on (X1 and Sony Bravia UHD 4K)

I just started my new Xfinity service at home with a new Sony Bravia Tv, 4K UHD. When the TV is turned off for long periods of time, (like when we go to sleep at night), turning the Tv on in the morning shows a blue screen with a "no signal" message. I have been able to solve the problem by pressing the power button on the X1 to turn it off and then on. This solves the issue however, I am having to do this every morning and/or every time the Tv has been off for a long time. I never had this problem before I am looking for suggestions as to how to fix this.
Tags (4)
Official Employee

Re: No signal message after Tv is turned on (X1 and Sony Bravia UHD 4K)

LGM737 wrote:
I just started my new Xfinity service at home with a new Sony Bravia Tv, 4K UHD. When the TV is turned off for long periods of time, (like when we go to sleep at night), turning the Tv on in the morning shows a blue screen with a "no signal" message. I have been able to solve the problem by pressing the power button on the X1 to turn it off and then on. This solves the issue however, I am having to do this every morning and/or every time the Tv has been off for a long time. I never had this problem before I am looking for suggestions as to how to fix this.

Are you pressing TV power or All power on the remote?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am pressing the "All Power" on the remote
New Poster

I am pressing the "All Power" on the remote.
Gold Problem Solver

Are you leaving the X1 box on all the time? If not you should.

Also, have you checked to see if there is any firmware updates for your TV? The problem you are having sounds like a TV firmware issue to me.

New Poster

RickGr4:

Yes. The X1 box is staying on all the time and the Tv was updated 3 days ago. Thank you for the reply! Sony has another big update coming soon. We'll see what happens.
Regular Visitor

I am having a similar problem. I purchased a new Sony xbr-75x940d 4K Android TV, New HDMI Professional Cables x2. I have XFinity on Input 1 and XBox One S on Input 2. I have Input 1 set to receive Standard Input and HDMI 2 set for 4K Enhanced.  X1 Box is powered on at all times. Approximantly once a day I get No Input detected/Check source. I switch cables and inputs and XBox is fine. I have to Unplug cable box to reset and get cable to work. TV says no updates available. As mentioned above I purchased 2 4k Professional series HDMI cables, could there be an issue there? I did switch cables from XBox to Cable and same problem. Is the HDMI cable too much for comcast box? Other than a 2 second delay from remote to cable box it seemed to work before. I see lots of people having similar issues. Any Help would be appreciated.

New Poster

I have spoken to xfinity and they point the finger at Sony.  I talked to Sony and they point the finger at Xfinity.  Sony claims they have no issues with any other cable companies.  Xifinity claims it may be a Sony update/firmware issue.  In the mean time, whenever I encounter this issue, I turn the X1 box off by using the power button on the unit itself.  I wait about 5-10 secs and turn it on.  It is frustrating that in todays day and age this happens.  Hopefully the new update from sony will fix this problem.

Contributor

Hi, I'm having the same issue with a Sony XBR930D, have you been able to fix it? I have my cable box connected to the HDMI (ARC) input number 4, do you have it on the same input? have you tried switching HDMI inputs? I have not done anything other than stopping the box for going to sleep but that didn't fix the problem, but before trying something else wanted to know if you found a solution

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

There is no reason for you to use the ARC HDMI4 input on your TV for connection with the X1 box. Suggest you use HDMI 1 or 2.

CharlyBrown wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same issue with a Sony XBR930D, have you been able to fix it? I have my cable box connected to the HDMI (ARC) input number 4, do you have it on the same input? have you tried switching HDMI inputs? I have not done anything other than stopping the box for going to sleep but that didn't fix the problem, but before trying something else wanted to know if you found a solution

Thanks!

Contributor

Hi, thanks, it is just there for covenience as the TV is mounted on a wall and this is the closest cable, I have no receiver and no use for the ARC, but can the ARC be really causing this problem? It should make no difference on the video signal, I think

Problem Solver

The HDMI (ARC) port is designed for your newer Surround Sound A/V system. The X1 Box belongs on HDMI 1. Samsung strongly recommends it or you are asking for grief.

The better brand UHD televisions power up much faster than the cable-box and find the cable-box not outputting signal yet. Reason for the message. Some X1 Boxes get hot if not ventilated well. Also; going from stand-by mode to fully on may still take longer than the television being ready for a signal.  If you must turn it off, turn the X1 Box on first and wait 15 to 30 seconds before turning the television on.

It is a "toss up" on who to blame. The television software could be coded to wait 15 to 30 seconds before defaulting to NO SIGNAL on the HDMI port. That might be easier fix than speeding up the cable-box.

Contributor

Ok, thahks, will switch to a regular HDMI port and see if that makes any difference. I also thought about the TV booting up faster than the X1 Box thus resulting on no signal, but then if this is the case when the box is left always on that shouldn't happen, and it does. Maybe Sony puts the HDMI ports to sleep after certain period of time? It appears that's not the case as the creator of the Subject contacted Sony and they said no.

Will keep digging on this, it is kind of anoying. One of my arguments to the family for buying a new TV, the new X1 Box, etc was that we will have a much better entertaiment experience but if you have to go and manually turn on the X1 Box everyday is a total bummer, it is like getting a brand new, latest model Ferrari but everyday you have to push for the engine to turn on. 21st century technology but 20th century operation

Gold Problem Solver

In regards to boot up time, turn off any power save or "economy" modes in the TV. If they are on, turning them off should speed up the TV's boot up time.

X1 boxes are designed to remain on. X1 boxes draw very little power to begin with and turning them off saves very little.

In the old days we used to tell people that the greatest stress an electronic component goes through is being turned on.

My current Arris v3 DVR has been on for over two years and I see no reason to change anything.

Whether or not X1 is an "upgraded entertainment experience" is highly debatable. X1 introduced some cool features but it also has some glaring omissions. Enthusiast users including myself are seeing reductions in picture quality.

Contributor

Thanks for your comments, I will play with the input settings of the TV and see if I can come with a solution, a ver slow one as I have to wait for time to pass so the input issue shows-up, it only happens after a few hours with the TV off, usually when it is turned on in the morning

As per my updgrade, consider I'm comming from a venerable 10 years old Sony Bravia 1080i plasma (remember those?) 42" TV with a Cablecard, I lost the signal of the HD channels when Comcast moved to MPEG so I had to upgrade to keep watching HD. After 10 years with a 42" 1080i TV and a Cablecard, I was blown-out when I hooked up the Sony UHD to the X1 Box, it was like an epiphany! :-)

New Poster

I have the same exsct issue also with a newer Sony TV.

Still not quite getting how it's a Sony issue when I can select all the other inputs and the TV immeidately plays them but when I get to the  X1 input it's dead. Same thing if I replug and unplug the input cables.

Only thing that fixes it is turning the X1 off and back on... where it's apparently getting whatever it needs from the TV to start working. Is the TV supposed to be sending a signal to activate the X1 that it's not getting? And if so how does cycling the X1 fix it?

Thanks!

Contributor

Well, I didn't do anything yesterday and this morning I had no issues. I'm leaving the X1 Box on all the time so I have a theory:

As some said here, I believe the Sony TV boots faster than the X1 Box, so when ALL is turned on on the remote, the TV is looking for a signal, doesn't find it because the X1 is still going throug its startup process, displaying an error message. For some reason, hopefuly software, there is an inability on the Sony TV HDMI inputs to sense that the signal is coming after the X1 boots completely, having to restart the X1 box. As the TV is on when the X1 box restarts, it senses the signal this time

You would say: if this is correct, then turning on any other input (XBox, PS, DVD, etc) hooked to an HDMI input AFTER the TV is on should produce the same result, which I don't think it does. Maybe, but keep in mind the output of these devices is different from live TV from Comcast, which includes digital encoding, etc

The best way to test my theory will be to turn off the X1 Box and the TV, leave it for the night and then in the morining turn on the X1 Box first, wait a couple of minutes and then turn the TV on. There is no way to do this on the remote as it is ALL or TV only, so if this works it wouldn't be any easier than manually restarting the X1 Box. But at least I'll have a better idea on what's going on

So why did it work this morning? I think that some times late night the Comcast signal can be temporarily lost. If that happens, the Sony TV is incapable of getting the signal back and will show an input error in the morning. If the cable TV runs OK all night, then the TV will work in then morining w/o issues. All out, it appears this is a TV issue and not an X1 box issue?

Problem Solver

Charly:

I think your last paragraph may have something to do with the problem. I have not had the need for an X1 box until they get 4K on linear-cable with the long waited for Xi6 cable-box. My Cisco RGN150N HD cable-box only operates on cable for live (regular) or ON DEMAND programs. If you would either change the television to another source, or turn off the television, leaving the cable-box on it is still outputting a signal. The cable-box also starts up much faster than a X1 box which handles linear-cable and broadband streaming video.

The X1 cable-boxes go through an updating every day. Usually overnight unless time-period is changed. The cable-box may not go back to outputting a cable signal like all other cable-boxes. This might be a programing glitch that needs to be fixed.Turning off the box and restarting get's it back in normal cable signal output mode. Leaving the box turned on over-night might lessen the chance of the programing error popping up.

Contributor

Thanks for your comments MNtundra, it could easily be an issue with the X1 Box updating and the output signal not coming back after it, that would explain why the other HDMI connections (Xbox, DVD, etc) don't show this behaviour at all and the X1 Box is. I will give a call to Comcast and float this theory and see what they say.

This switch the blame back to the X1 Box. Let's see

Contributor

Bummer, got home yesterday evening and got the input error message again. Now this moring it was OK. Keep digging on this, what could it be?

New Poster

I had my own thread on this issue where I got feedback that maybne the nightly update on the X1 wasn't finishing and the unit wasn't rebooting. It appears form the logs that the unit was properly updating.  So I started thainking about what may cause a signal not to come back on and  I think I have solved the problem. I wanted to test for a few days before confirming. 

I initially had the X1 programmed to never go into "power saver" mode.   So after trying all sorts of different setting on the TV (since it seemed to be linked only to Sony TV's), I turned the X1 power saver mode on.

For 5 straight days now, the signal has immediately come on when I turn the TV on. it would seem that the nightly backup when NOT in power saver mode was not restoring the signal once rebooted... but for some reason in power save mode it does.

Also it makes no sense that only Sony TV's would experience this issue... so there must be more to it. But for now, I'm pleased with the results.

Good luck!

Problem Solver

wcelliot:

I believe you have found a way to solve the problem. Setting the X1 box to use "Power saver" mode would allow the box to power back up in cable signal output, which did not happen with "Power saver" off (a programing problem for X1).

My Samsung UHD television has had many updates in the last year. One of them may have accommodated this problem. Samsung has worked with Comcast and NBC on the "Ultra HD Sampler" app.

Contributor

Well, I replied to this thread when the box was in power saver mode and was doing the missing signal stuff. I then put it on always on after reading some comments that the box has to be on all the time for it to work properly. But the problem kept hapenning, so now I'm not sure what to do. Will revert to power saver mode to see if it helps now, at this point I'm not sure what to do: I have

1) put the box in power saver mode: didn't fix the issue

2) put the box to always on: didn't wokr either

3) switched HDMI inputs: done nothing

I'm not sure what to do next. At this time I'm lost, will probably ask Comcast to replace my cable box

Service Expert

CharlyBrown wrote:

Well, I replied to this thread when the box was in power saver mode and was doing the missing signal stuff. I then put it on always on after reading some comments that the box has to be on all the time for it to work properly. But the problem kept hapenning, so now I'm not sure what to do. Will revert to power saver mode to see if it helps now, at this point I'm not sure what to do: I have

1) put the box in power saver mode: didn't fix the issue

2) put the box to always on: didn't wokr either

3) switched HDMI inputs: done nothing

I'm not sure what to do next. At this time I'm lost, will probably ask Comcast to replace my cable box

The latest firmware has a new HDMI feature that watches for the TV to go off and switches on power saver mode.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Hi Rustyben, you said:

"The latest firmware has a new HDMI feature that watches for the TV to go off and switches on power saver mode."

This is on the cable box correct? How does it work? I turn the TV off and the blue light on the box remains on, I haven't seen it going to power saver mode by itself. Do I need to enable Power Saver mode?

Thanks

Problem Solver

"Firmware" relates to PROM. That is protected memory that is only updated at factory or refurbishing centers for Comcast. It is not software that can be updated over cable or internet.

You most likely need to exchange remote and X1 box "no charge" at your nearest Comcast service center if convenient for you. Your current box does not have this recent change.

Service Expert

CharlyBrown wrote:

Hi Rustyben, you said:

"The latest firmware has a new HDMI feature that watches for the TV to go off and switches on power saver mode."

This is on the cable box correct? How does it work? I turn the TV off and the blue light on the box remains on, I haven't seen it going to power saver mode by itself. Do I need to enable Power Saver mode?

Thanks

The box has software (xre aka menu related programming) and firmware (box permanent operating system). Both are updated by Comcast during the overnight update reboots. You can see the version by using the remote... Xfinity >> gear(settings) >> about ---- the XRE server is the server version that communicates with Comcast servers. The STB Version that is similar to 2.9p2s1 is the current firmware installed in your set top box and it is what makes the hardware of hour set top box work. Together, the xre and firmware provide the functions you use every day.

the current setting discussed is in Xfinity >> gear(settings) >> Comcast Labs >> HDMI Link.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

I guess Comcast uses their own terms for describing their equipment. Rusty states the update should have happened if you box is working normally.

His answer was vague on whether this specific problem was addressed. Trying out the box with "Power save" turned on seems to be the current choice along with hoping for the best.

New Poster

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  I am having the same issue on a new Sony 4K TV is just bought.  Previous TV was a Sony but never had this issue.

Contributor

mdquick717 wrote:

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  I am having the same issue on a new Sony 4K TV is just bought.  Previous TV was a Sony but never had this issue.

Well, not really, there is not a solution that appears to work for everyone, and some has proven to be short-lived. In my case it has been holding-up for the last couple of days doing something that has not been discussed here, but it might as well be not a single solution but a combination. I will try to summarize:

A) First switch HMDI inputs. I had the box connected to the HDMI 4 (ARC) Input and someone suggested that it is not a good idea to connect the box to an ARC input. So I switched it to HDMI 2. The problem persisted so I switched back to HDMI 4 (ARC) while I experimented

Keep the box always on. My box was originally power saving every 4 hours. I switched the box to always on after someone suggested the box is designed to be always on and the power saving might be causing the TV to lose connection with the Box. I switched the box to always on, to no avail, the problem persisted

C) Make the box to auto-power save. Some people here appear to have had success by putting the box in the estate I originally had it, to auto power save after sometime. So I switched my box back to auto-power saver. No help, the problem persisted

D) Use the auto power save function under the Comcast Lab options under settings that automatically switches the box off when it senses there is no signal received on the HDMI of the TV, which is when you turn the TV off. I tried this setting yesterday and it took a very long time for the box to turn on and get the signal out to the TV, kind of inconvenient and couldn’t test if this will work after several hours with the TV off. To me this is like option C) above which didn’t work for me

What appears to be working for me? I got into the TV settings and started playing with the HDMI input settings. At some level you should be able to switch the type of signal a particular HDMI senses from “auto” to “4K UHD content”. There is a warning that reads that if the source is not 4K, the HDMI might not work. I changed my HDMI 4 –where the box is connected- to 4K content anyway, just as a test. The TV will restart and the setting will change. There was no change whatsoever on the quality of the image from the box or any issues with the cable TV, so I kept the change. I did this change Monday night and so far yesterday and today didn’t experience the no-input issue in the mornings

As you may see, we are all taking guesses and different options and have worked for us up to a certain point. Good Luck! And please post back when you find a solution

So far no one from Comcast has posted anything so I take there is no official word/solution on this 

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

Hello All -- This issue would appear to be TV specific for that TV. We would not have an official word or statement about this as our box is working as intended. It would be recommended to contact Sony for further support with HDMI or TV settings. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

Things are back to square 1 with Comcast blaming Sony again. I cannot understand how any intelligent person at Comcast could possibly blame a manufacturer for a problem with a cable-box only working intermittently at somewhat random times.

Has anyone here with this problem connected the cable-box to their television with a 4K HDMI cable? A 4K HDMI cable covers more frequencies and operates faster. If Comcast was correct about the signal being output, then for some reason the Sony tv does not recognize the signal. Possibly caused by the switch-over from MPEG 2 to MPEG 4, or inability of an older HDMI cable to pass the signal at correct frequency.

Admin1

MNtundraRET -- Please understand that our cable box is working as intended. We have not had this issue reported about any other 4K TV sets or any other non-4K TV sets. The issue appears to be TV specific for just this TV set. No others have displayed this issue and no others have had any problems with MPEG2 to MPEG4 conversion. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

Assuming the problem is with the newer Sony UHD television, Sony owners might try switching the television source from the HDMI port (cable-box) to "TV" (antenna) whether you are set up to use it or not. Then switch the source back to the HDMI port. If the television missed the "handshake" (current complaint) when turned "On", switching the source to another source and switching back may allow the television to "handshake"  and recognise the cable-box output.

Gold Problem Solver

I seem to recall in another thread a poster mentioned that Sony was aware of the this issue and suggested an update was on the way.

Obviously this isn't a entirely a Comcast issue. My LG, Panasonic and Sharp TV sets work fine X1 boxes.
Contributor

I contacted Sony and they said they have only heard of this issue with Comcast boxes, no other cable TV provider (or Direct TV provider) in the US & Canada has experienced this issue. So this is the same answer Comcast is giving us here but on the Sony side, Comcast says they've only seen this with Sony 4K TVs, Sony says they've only seen this with Comcast boxes. I guess our hope is for Comcast to work together with Sony on this but the odds of this happening are very low, this seems to do not be a widespread issue and it appears it doesn't affect all Sony 4K TVs. Only certain models or just one model? Or with only some boxes or just one box?

For the record, my TV model is XBR55X930D, series XBR930D. It would be good to hear the model of the other Sony TVs being discussed in this forum; maybe we can establish a pattern or narrow down the impact to a few or maybe one model. My Box Model is XG2v2-S

By the way, there was an update from Android TV pushed a few days ago, seems to be somehow big as it took me about 15 minutes to download at 100 mbps and took several TV restarts, I believe the TV background look changed and some visual queues like the volume bar indicator were also changed and moved down further to the bottom of the screen. I applied the update yesterday morning and so far the issue with the missing input signal has not occurred, too soon to claim victory but one can only hope

Gold Problem Solver

From everything I have read in this forum, Sony TV sets would appear to be a common denominator in regards to this issue... Sony makes great products (my new Sony 4K Blu-ray player is beyond words) but they aren't perfect.

That being said, X1 boxes have had issues with HDMI since day one. I know it doesn't fix the problem but this issue appears to be 50/50 with Sony and Comcast. Hopefully one of the two companies will step up.

CharlyBrown wrote:

I contacted Sony and they said they have only heard of this issue with Comcast boxes, no other cable TV provider (or Direct TV provider) in the US & Canada has experienced this issue. So this is the same answer Comcast is giving us here but on the Sony side, Comcast says they've only seen this with Sony 4K TVs, Sony says they've only seen this with Comcast boxes. I guess our hope is for Comcast to work together with Sony on this but the odds of this happening are very low, this seems to do not be a widespread issue and it appears it doesn't affect all Sony 4K TVs. Only certain models or just one model? Or with only some boxes or just one box?

For the record, my TV model is XBR55X930D, series XBR930D. It would be good to hear the model of the other Sony TVs being discussed in this forum; maybe we can establish a pattern or narrow down the impact to a few or maybe one model. My Box Model is XG2v2-S

By the way, there was an update from Android TV pushed a few days ago, seems to be somehow big as it took me about 15 minutes to download at 100 mbps and took several TV restarts, I believe the TV background look changed and some visual queues like the volume bar indicator were also changed and moved down further to the bottom of the screen. I applied the update yesterday morning and so far the issue with the missing input signal has not occurred, too soon to claim victory but one can only hope

New Poster

I'm having problem with XBR43x800D. What is the Sony firmware version that you have now that fixed the problem?

Carl
Contributor

CSM123 wrote:
I'm having problem with XBR43x800D. What is the Sony firmware version that you have now that fixed the problem?

Carl

Firmware version is: Android 6.0.1. Sony software version: PKG3.865.0136NAB. Have not experienced the no-input issue since the udpate on April 21, crossing my fingers here. I'm keeping the X1 Box always on

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I switched the X1 Box input from HDMI 4 (ARC) to a regular HDMI Input (2) while both the TV and the Box were on. Then I updated the TV. After the update I was having an issue with the TV's wifi -it kept disconnecting- so I restarted the TV by holding the power button on the remote for 5 seconds

Contributor

CharlyBrown wrote:

CSM123 wrote:

Carl

Firmware version is: Android 6.0.1. Sony software version: PKG3.865.0136NAB. Have not experienced the no-input issue since the udpate on April 21, crossing my fingers here. I'm keeping the X1 Box always on

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I switched the X1 Box input from HDMI 4 (ARC) to a regular HDMI Input (2) while both the TV and the Box were on. Then I updated the TV. After the update I was having an issue with the TV's wifi -it kept disconnecting- so I restarted the TV by holding the power button on the remote for 5 seconds

Forgot to mention that the HDMI 2 input on my Sony (where the box is connected now) uses a new HDMI cable certified to be 4K compatible while the HDMI 4 (ARC) input  where the box was connected before was using an older HDMI cable that was part of the previous in-wall installation. I have read from many experts that there is no "better picture" HDMI 4K cable, your HDMI cable should be 4K compatible or not; if your HDMI cable is not 4K compatible any UHD signal will experience flashes, loss of image an noise, which didn't happen to me with this old cable. Signal from the X1 Box is not 4K anyway but who knows if the cable might be a factor

Contributor

Ok, a week has passed and the input error hasn't ocurred again, I take the Sony/Android software update took care of it. At the end it seems it was actually a Sony issue.

Now I have an issue with a self-disconnecting wifi but that is a Sony issue for sure. One bug to squash another, I guess

Regular Visitor

Same thing has been happening to me for a few months now and I have an LG TV. It is comcast!!!!
Service Expert

Tonyag9 wrote:
Same thing has been happening to me for a few months now and I have an LG TV. It is comcast!!!!

'no signal' for X1 devices is due to the TV listening on the wrong HDMI port or the X1 device being in powersave or no-power condition.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have a new Sony 4k set and have the same problem. Tried all the fixes in this thread, and the new firmware Sony pushed after NAB did not help anything. Good times.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with a new Sony Bravia TV. Sony is in complete denial that there is an issue, I can remember the days when Sony was the top dog in the industry. Now my question is for Comcast, if I return my X1 for a replacement will the issue persist? This issue of passing the buck between the two companies has to stop, is a class action lawsuit needed to put the blame where it belongs? We are paying big money for these TV's and high end cable and deserve better treatment.

Service Expert

mohanley wrote:

I am having the same issue with a new Sony Bravia TV. Sony is in complete denial that there is an issue, I can remember the days when Sony was the top dog in the industry. Now my question is for Comcast, if I return my X1 for a replacement will the issue persist? This issue of passing the buck between the two companies has to stop, is a class action lawsuit needed to put the blame where it belongs? We are paying big money for these TV's and high end cable and deserve better treatment.

Have you tried connecting your X1 HDMI cable to ALL of the TV's HDMI ports?  I found an issue with ARC.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I have tried each individual port, have purchased a HDMI 2.0 cable, a factory reset, 3 sessions with Sony technical support and no positive result. Sony is in complete denial of the problem and gives you the tech runaround when you call just burning up your time. It may be time for a class action lawsuit, this wasn't a cheap purchase and buyers should be warned that if you are a Comcast X1 user avoid this product. Or do the right thing and fix the problem.

Service Expert

Do you have an old TV you could use to test with?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I have the same issue with X1 since it was installed. It's not your TV. It's Comcast. I have different sets than you and the same issue 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats