Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,748,473

members

9

online now

1,906,833

discussions

Back to Top

No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Husband just got off the phone with Comcast. First he was told we'd have to replace our box. When he told the rep. our box was less than a year old, he put my husband on hold. Promptly came back and told him this function has been removed DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT! Would love to know who complained about a simple click to delete or No Thanks (don't delete) a watched program! Especially when, if a user accidentally deletes a program, the user can easily restore it! No, now it's 4-5 EXTRA clicks to delete a watched program. And, such fun when you have a series set up to record that runs quite a few episodes, like Forensic Files, etc. I would like to know if anyone else was told this if they called about it. I seriously doubt that many viewers complained about this ease of function and demanded that things be made more difficult!!

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

This started happening to me also. No prompt to delete and no offer to watch the next episode.

Also the same problem watching from on demand or stream pix no offer to watch the next episode. I loved the auto play as it is just like netflix.
Frequent Visitor

X1 Not Deleting watched shows properly

Hello,

 

     I have 2 current problems fo which I have done both the system reboot and system refresh several times.  For whatever odd reason, about a week ago, my box no longer comes up with an option to delete the recording after I have just watched it.  Also, recordings are not deleting properly about 40% of the time. They are still on the list, but when I select them, it says that my DVR is not working properly.  I have gotten around this bug, which has been ongoing for over a year now by recovering the semi-deleted recording and re-deleting it which usually works.  When is Comcast going to fix this problem? Even the old company Replay-TV had a better set-up than this, and that was over a decade ago. Please let me know what can be done as this is something that can and should be fixed.

 

Regards,

 

Steve H.

Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: X1 Not Deleting watched shows properly


ozone1964 wrote:

Hello,

 

     I have 2 current problems fo which I have done both the system reboot and system refresh several times.  For whatever odd reason, about a week ago, my box no longer comes up with an option to delete the recording after I have just watched it.  Also, recordings are not deleting properly about 40% of the time. They are still on the list, but when I select them, it says that my DVR is not working properly.  I have gotten around this bug, which has been ongoing for over a year now by recovering the semi-deleted recording and re-deleting it which usually works.  When is Comcast going to fix this problem? Even the old company Replay-TV had a better set-up than this, and that was over a decade ago. Please let me know what can be done as this is something that can and should be fixed.

 

Regards,

 

Steve H.


There is nothing the end-user can do.   These issues have been widely reported in this X1 forum and all must wait until Comcast figures out a fix/solution and applies it to the X1 boxes.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching


Marianne3 wrote:

Husband just got off the phone with Comcast. First he was told we'd have to replace our box. When he told the rep. our box was less than a year old, he put my husband on hold. Promptly came back and told him this function has been removed DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT! Would love to know who complained about a simple click to delete or No Thanks (don't delete) a watched program! Especially when, if a user accidentally deletes a program, the user can easily restore it! No, now it's 4-5 EXTRA clicks to delete a watched program. And, such fun when you have a series set up to record that runs quite a few episodes, like Forensic Files, etc. I would like to know if anyone else was told this if they called about it. I seriously doubt that many viewers complained about this ease of function and demanded that things be made more difficult!!


Until someone from Comcast replies here, I would take this with a grain of salt.  Unfortunately, most of customer service has no idea what they're talking about.  I honestly have no idea why anyone would complain about that.  Do people never delete their recordings after watching them and just let them auto delete when they run out of space?

 

However, *if* what this customer service person said is actually true.  At least give us an option to turn it back on.

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

My wife and I want to see that feature returned too

Regular Contributor

Prompt to delete no longer appears

For as long as we've had X1, it would always prompt to delete a recording when the recording ran out or if we exited the recording near its end. That was a nice convenient feature we used a lot.

 

For the last few days, though, that prompt has stopped appearing. Now it takes several more steps to delete a just-watched recording.

 

Thinking maybe a changed a setting without realizing it, I went through all the settings but failed to find anything relevant.

 

What am I missing? Or is this happening to everyone?

Regular Contributor

Re: Prompt to delete no longer appears

Sorry, when I created this thread, I had not yet found this other thread.

New Poster

DVR Delete prompt

Seems like this just started happening.  After a recorded program came to its endI would be prompted to delete it or not.  That prompt is no longer appearing.  Now have to go another route to delete it.  The prompt after viewing was much more conveinient.  What happened to this function?  Why did it go away?

Valued Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching


TerriB wrote:

RadTV wrote:

I don't believe this is a bug. I believe this to be by design because all you need to do is press D on the remote or select "delete" from the options menu. You still get the same dialog box. Personally, I like it this way. The change was made in version 1.73.


Sorry RadTV but it does not appear to work the way you think it does. I can press 'd' when the show is finished AFTER I go back and find it on my long list of recordings. Not so simple as you described.

 

 


TerriB,

              The option to watch next episode within a series recording is indeed broken. At first, I thought it was turned off but when I checked the "preferences", the feature is still turned on so that feature is not working and has become null even if it's still an option.

Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Same here.... both issues... no option to delete and no option to watch the next episode.. happened about a week or so ago like everyone else...
New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

This is happening to me now 3/21/17. Has the company done a update to make this occur. It just start about 2 hours ago. How can I fix it. Thank you.
New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

This is happening to me now. 3/21/16. It started about 2 hours ago. How do you fix it? Thank you.
New Poster

"Do you want to delete?"

DVR will not bring up "Do you want to delete" window after a show now. How can I make it bring it back?

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

New recent issue with both the XG1 and XiD boxes. When you finish watching a saved recording it is no longer giving the automatic delete option popup and makes everything still say watched with 1 minute left. You have to go back to the list find the show and delete it.
New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

We are no longer receiving the prompt to delete either. Been going on for about a week.
Regular Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

I'm having similar problems. I doubt it is the box but rather problems at the home office. There have been a number of problems in Comcast system over the last week or so. The delete box comes and goes which leads me to believe it is a software issue. I also have problems deleteing something that doesn't come off the list. This seems to be a weak signal issue which I correct by going into settings > Device Settings > Sync DVR and that fixes it for the moment. But it happens almost every day.

 

Boxes can be corrupted by problem software updates even if they are brand new so boxes are always suspect. But I think the current problems are from the HQ servers and are being worked on.

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

We are also *not* receiving the delete prompt when a recorded show has finished, and it is extremely frustrating. Please bring this feature back or give the option to turn it on/off.
Regular Visitor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

From what I have read on here and apparently Comcast has removed the function has been removed DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT! How that happened idk since there has to be more people wanting it back. It don't want to delete the show than hit the DON'T DELETE win win for everyone.
Just give the function back or fix the issue please Comcast.
New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

I have not been getting the delete prompt for a week.  It happens when I watch a recording to the end and when I fast forward to the end.  Instead I am returned to the top of my saved recordings list.

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

I thought it was just our boxes at first, but if this feature was removed I would like to weigh in on the "bad idea" side. This is way less convenient than the pop-up we used to get.
New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

After not seeing information here after mutliple people reported this issue, I spent last night on the phone with Level 1 and Level 2 Techs, which was a waste of time. Redescribing the issue, having them send reboots and reloads to my box.  Like doing it 4 times is going to fix it.  I finally got a call back today from the Level 3 tech.  He indicated that the "missing" pop up to delete after watching a show is being looked at and he expects a fix in the next few days. He has promised to call me back on Monday to validate that this is resolved. 

 

Not sure why Comcast does not post on this thread, but the Tech I spoke to has acknowleged the issue and said it is being addressed.

Regular Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching


JP_BG wrote:

After not seeing information here after mutliple people reported this issue, I spent last night on the phone with Level 1 and Level 2 Techs, which was a waste of time. Redescribing the issue, having them send reboots and reloads to my box.  Like doing it 4 times is going to fix it.  I finally got a call back today from the Level 3 tech.  He indicated that the "missing" pop up to delete after watching a show is being looked at and he expects a fix in the next few days. He has promised to call me back on Monday to validate that this is resolved. 

 

Not sure why Comcast does not post on this thread, but the Tech I spoke to has acknowleged the issue and said it is being addressed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********************************************************************************************************

I can't begin to list the number of times some tech on the phone told me they would address a problem I reported and nothing ever happened. I can't imagine who would complain about turning what was a simple delete and watch the next episode function into the boondoggle multi-keystroke mess we have now. It's like being given an old rotary dial telephone in place of what we have now.

 

UGH !

 

 


 

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

same here on or around same date

Regular Visitor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Mine started on the exact same day..March 15th!! Why take this feature away. Not good!

Regular Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Count me in as one who wants the delete prompt back as well as the next episode prompt. Doing a show binge was so easy with them. The amount of steps to go find the next eposode of something in on-demand is a pain in the rear.

Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Puzzled as to why this issue has not been fixed. It does not seem it would be that difficult to go back and figure out how things used to be. Also surprised that no Comcast expert has weighed in with the significant number of people experiencing this problem.

Service Expert

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching


jamesdutton7 wrote:

Puzzled as to why this issue has not been fixed. It does not seem it would be that difficult to go back and figure out how things used to be. Also surprised that no Comcast expert has weighed in with the significant number of people experiencing this problem.


new XRE (menu system) versions may introduce bugs that were not discovered in the beta release. Comcast employees do monitor these boards and then pass the information to the software engineering team. Be patient, the normal cycle time of 2 weeks may fix this issue.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

DVR

My DVR is working differently for the last week. How can I change my preferences? I used to be able to watch an episode of a show, fast forward to the end of the recording, then a pop up asking if i want to delete. i can then delete it right then. i then used to get a pop up asking if i wanted to watch the next episode. NOW i never get a pop up to delete, it just takes me back to the dvr menu, then i have to search for that episode again. it takes far too many clicks for something that used to be so easy. Please advise. thank you 

Laurie Cozzo

Service Expert

Re: DVR


LaurieC wrote:

My DVR is working differently for the last week. How can I change my preferences? I used to be able to watch an episode of a show, fast forward to the end of the recording, then a pop up asking if i want to delete. i can then delete it right then. i then used to get a pop up asking if i wanted to watch the next episode. NOW i never get a pop up to delete, it just takes me back to the dvr menu, then i have to search for that episode again. it takes far too many clicks for something that used to be so easy. Please advise. thank you 

Laurie Cozzo


hi, I moved your post to this running thread that discusses the same issue. The 'no delete' popup and the related 'vew next episode' issue will probably be fixed in an upcoming update. They usually but not always come about every 2 weeks. No official word is ever promised on a date by Comcast employees.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: DVR


Rustyben wrote:

LaurieC wrote:

My DVR is working differently for the last week. How can I change my preferences? I used to be able to watch an episode of a show, fast forward to the end of the recording, then a pop up asking if i want to delete. i can then delete it right then. i then used to get a pop up asking if i wanted to watch the next episode. NOW i never get a pop up to delete, it just takes me back to the dvr menu, then i have to search for that episode again. it takes far too many clicks for something that used to be so easy. Please advise. thank you 

Laurie Cozzo


hi, I moved your post to this running thread that discusses the same issue. The 'no delete' popup and the related 'vew next episode' issue will probably be fixed in an upcoming update. They usually but not always come about every 2 weeks. No official word is ever promised on a date by Comcast employees.


No offense, but how do you even know this wasn't an intended change?  ComcastAndrew, Gwen, and Teds have all been posting on other threads but they're all avoiding this one.  Any kind of official announcement on this, even if it's "we're aware and looking into it" would be better than the silence we have gotten so far.

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Well.... seems this is NOT a sporadic problem. It would certainly be nice if Comcast/Xfinity would actually ADDRESS it! Just moving these comments to a different thread is not addressing this issue. It is maddening.

 

If it is bug, get one of your "bright boys" to FIX it. This is just as annoying as having your picture pixilate every time it rains with Direct TV. Maybe all of your recent commercials touting superior customer service are really just "lip servive".

Most Valued Poster

Re: DVR


kjakubowsk wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

LaurieC wrote:

My DVR is working differently for the last week. How can I change my preferences? I used to be able to watch an episode of a show, fast forward to the end of the recording, then a pop up asking if i want to delete. i can then delete it right then. i then used to get a pop up asking if i wanted to watch the next episode. NOW i never get a pop up to delete, it just takes me back to the dvr menu, then i have to search for that episode again. it takes far too many clicks for something that used to be so easy. Please advise. thank you 

Laurie Cozzo


hi, I moved your post to this running thread that discusses the same issue. The 'no delete' popup and the related 'vew next episode' issue will probably be fixed in an upcoming update. They usually but not always come about every 2 weeks. No official word is ever promised on a date by Comcast employees.


No offense, but how do you even know this wasn't an intended change?  ComcastAndrew, Gwen, and Teds have all been posting on other threads but they're all avoiding this one.  Any kind of official announcement on this, even if it's "we're aware and looking into it" would be better than the silence we have gotten so far.


WELL apparently since a user was told by Comcast that they TOOK the 'prompt to delete' AWAY on purpose because so many wanted it GONE Andrew/Gwen/Teds decided not to even bother with us.  Who in the world would complain about a prompt like that and I sure never saw anyone complain on the forums. I can't recall the last time a removal of a simple useful feature was removed and got this much attention but NOT one Comcast expert will offer us anything. We all have to go thru extra steps now JUST  to delete a program....this is just crazy town.

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR


TerriB wrote:

kjakubowsk wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

LaurieC wrote:

My DVR is working differently for the last week. How can I change my preferences? I used to be able to watch an episode of a show, fast forward to the end of the recording, then a pop up asking if i want to delete. i can then delete it right then. i then used to get a pop up asking if i wanted to watch the next episode. NOW i never get a pop up to delete, it just takes me back to the dvr menu, then i have to search for that episode again. it takes far too many clicks for something that used to be so easy. Please advise. thank you 

Laurie Cozzo


hi, I moved your post to this running thread that discusses the same issue. The 'no delete' popup and the related 'vew next episode' issue will probably be fixed in an upcoming update. They usually but not always come about every 2 weeks. No official word is ever promised on a date by Comcast employees.


No offense, but how do you even know this wasn't an intended change?  ComcastAndrew, Gwen, and Teds have all been posting on other threads but they're all avoiding this one.  Any kind of official announcement on this, even if it's "we're aware and looking into it" would be better than the silence we have gotten so far.


WELL apparently since a user was told by Comcast that they TOOK the 'prompt to delete' AWAY on purpose because so many wanted it GONE Andrew/Gwen/Teds decided not to even bother with us.  Who in the world would complain about a prompt like that and I sure never saw anyone complain on the forums. I can't recall the last time a removal of a simple useful feature was removed and got this much attention but NOT one Comcast expert will offer us anything. We all have to go thru extra steps now JUST  to delete a program....this is just crazy town.

 

How true ! Like Buffergate we seem to have hit a nerve. The problem is really exasperated if you stop a show you are watching on the DVR and then restart it using the "Last" function. When the show ends you are back on the channel you were on and then have to press the "Xfinity button" to get back to your recording to delete it, then you have to select the next episode to view if you are binge watching. What a Kludge !

 

Button Fatigue !

 


 

New Poster

Re: DVR

Put me on the list of customers that want this feature back.  

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR

Add another customer who wants this feature back.  Very frustrating to need to scroll down a long list to find a show just watched so it can be deleted.  I liked the popup that gave the option to delete a show when I've finished watching it.

Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Add me to the list.  If they removed this fuction deliberalty, that was a poor decison.

Frequent Visitor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Add me, too!!!

Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

I'm not getting the delete message after every show I watch. I wish they would fix this. It's very annoying!
Frequent Visitor

Deleting programs post viewing

Why is the option to "Delete now"   NOT appearing after watching a recording on DVR? It takes you directing back to the SAVED List     OR   just goes to the last viewed channel.

THIS is SO ANNOYING! Takes an extra step or two.  Did not need to be changed. FIX IT!

 

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

This is not ok! I pray to GOD that this was nothe taken off permanently due to idiots who can't just press don't delete. It's veryour annoying this way.

BRING ITS BACK!!
Contributor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

After an update yesterday, my delete prompt is now functioning again.  Some others have reported the same, so it looks like a fix is getting pushed out to the X1 boxes.  It may take a few days as I think the updates are not rolled out to all the equipment at the same time

Service Expert

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching


Brocktoon wrote:

After an update yesterday, my delete prompt is now functioning again.  Some others have reported the same, so it looks like a fix is getting pushed out to the X1 boxes.  It may take a few days as I think the updates are not rolled out to all the equipment at the same time


yes xre 1.73.03 or later dated 03/20/2017 on 'about' screen.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

I called Comcast about this issue on 3/20/17. I had to hang up on one employee that got an attitude and tried to tell me that this issue is the way the DVR works (I've had X1 for more than two years, so that's a lie), one employee sounded like he was at a party and told me he was having trouble hearing me, and after I attempted to explain that the noise was on his end not mine, had to call back again. Disconnected three times after that. Finally get a pleasant person on the phone but she had no idea what I was talking about, and couldn't even put in any type of report.

With the amount of shows I record, it's annoying to have to go down the recorded shows list, find the one you just watched, and delete it. And also connected to this delete issue, I no longer get the prompt in the DVR to watch the next episode in a series when I've finished watching something and there's more recorded. It happens on every single show.
Frequent Visitor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

The problem is that if a show ends a little early (@midnight) or you want to watch the previews for the next episode (This is Us) and it cuts off before the previews are over, it kicks you out of the show. It seems poorly designed if this isn't an error because no one is sitting there with their finger on the D button and really, no one should have to.

Also, if you fall asleep on a show, and go back to watch it, you have to go to "Restart" instead of the default option, which was normally "Watch", because "Watch" has been replaced with "Resume". So this thing isn't smart enough to know there's nothing to resume? Seems like bad code to me.
Frequent Visitor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

DITTO! SO ANNOYING!! I've been throughthe "REPLACE" before. Didn't fix anything. Will never let them cajole me like that again! This is so stupid! They broke something that was perfect!  Maybe they hired a Direct TV spy. Justt FIX IT BACK!!

 

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

I don't understand why this cannnot just be a feature that has an on/off toggle. It may be a small thing, but i thoroughly enjoyed being able to delete as soon as i finished watching.  I want this back, it's just a convenience factor. If i'm being honest, i don't even delete anymore until days later since the prompt is gone. Especially if it's something that has multiple recordings i need to catch up on. It's just annoying, i really would like this feature back...

Frequent Visitor

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

 My delete prompt is now functioning again.  Yay!!!!!  Happy Camper here!!! 

New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Ours is back too. Hurrah!
New Poster

Re: No Longer Receiving Prompt to Delete Show after Watching

Yes!  I thought I was going crazy.  Both things have been happening with our Dvr too.  Started around the 16th of March.  Hope we can get a resolution.