Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

New hd channels won't go to favorites

Frequent Visitor

New hd channels won't go to favorites

I noticed when they did the channel realignment a few weeks ago they added several hd versions of channels that didn't have one before, especially all the premium channels that didn't have one. But when I went to save the new hd channels to my favorites it just kept saving the old sd ones. An example.....el rey network is 120 on my guide. It got a hd channel added, 1417. But if I mark favorite on 1417 and then go to the favorites tab 120 is still marked. I called in about this when I saw it and the comcast guy I talked to duplicated it on his tv at the center. I also had a tech out a few days ago for another matter. I asked him about it and he said he'd never heard about it. I figure it's a software issue but it's been a month. Just wondering if anyone has noticed or tried themselves.

Expert

Re: New hd channels won't go to favorites

frostbyte wrote:

I noticed when they did the channel realignment a few weeks ago they added several hd versions of channels that didn't have one before, especially all the premium channels that didn't have one. But when I went to save the new hd channels to my favorites it just kept saving the old sd ones. An example.....el rey network is 120 on my guide. It got a hd channel added, 1417. But if I mark favorite on 1417 and then go to the favorites tab 120 is still marked. I called in about this when I saw it and the comcast guy I talked to duplicated it on his tv at the center. I also had a tech out a few days ago for another matter. I asked him about it and he said he'd never heard about it. I figure it's a software issue but it's been a month. Just wondering if anyone has noticed or tried themselves.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee. The 4-digit channel numbers were temporarily removed from showing on set top boxes but do show in the Xfinity TV Remote app and the Xfinity Stream TV app.

Frequent Visitor

If you mean the guide they still show on mine. That's how I've been searching...punch in 1773, which is the first starz channel and scroll down. In fact, all those channels are marked as favorites as well as the sd versions. Like, both el rey channels, 120 and 1417 are marked. It's like they were removed from favorites.

Expert

frostbyte wrote:

If you mean the guide they still show on mine. That's how I've been searching...punch in 1773, which is the first starz channel and scroll down. In fact, all those channels are marked as favorites as well as the sd versions. Like, both el rey channels, 120 and 1417 are marked. It's like they were removed from favorites.

yes and they appear in favorites on the Xfinity TV Remote app and the Xfinity Stream TV app. They just don't currently show on the X1 set top boxes so there would not be duplicates. The reason I expedited it is because that means a channel only available in the 4-digit numbers won't show as a favorite.

Official Employee

ComcastAndrew is correct. I recommend adding the SD channel to your favorite list and then setting your tuning preference to HD Preferred so when the channel is accessed in favorites, it tunes to the HD channel (if that is what you want). 

Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that in the beginning when I should have. That doesn't work either with the new hd channels. I have auto tune to hd turned on, but if I punch in the sd channel it goes there instead of the hd one. It works on the older channels, just not the ones newly added.

Official Employee

FYI El Rey is SD only, not HD. The new channel that you see is an SD duplicate.
Official Employee

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that in the beginning when I should have. That doesn't work either with the new hd channels. I have auto tune to hd turned on, but if I punch in the sd channel it goes there instead of the hd one. It works on the older channels, just not the ones newly added.

OK It is working as it should. 

The new neighborhood channels cannot be added to favorites. Only their "sister" channels. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

So is this the same for the premium channels that just got one added? El rey is a bad example I know cause they show such old shows that wouldn't be hd anyway. I did just check a couple of channels that I do watch like showtime beyond and their new hd. I don't see a difference....they all look sd. So if all these new ones are stand ins then that could explain the whole thing. If so, I would have just one question, will they ever actually make them hd?

Official Employee

Yes, Premium channels were also added to it's on neighborhood so that means the channels in the premium neighborhoods cannot be favorited either. Please check out https://www.xfinity.com/channelneighborhoods/ for more info (you can even check your channel neighborhood in your area as well, there). 

There are channels in the channel neighborhood that are in HD.  For example, I put in my zip code in the site above and typed in "Showtime". All the Showtime channels populated (Showcase, Showtime East, Showtime extreme, etc). I only see one of those Showtime channels marked as an HD channel. 

Are you not getting HD reception on a neighborhood channel that is marked as being in HD? Remember, if a channel isn't available in HD (El Rey, for example), you won't be able to watch it in HD. 

KenF

New Poster

Is there a fix for this? I find this very annoying. For example, I try to favorite channel 1410, which is FX. It then marks both 1410 and 70 as favorites. But when I turn the guide to favorites only, it does not include 1410 when I scroll.  This is happening for about 20 channels.  I've reset my box and signal.  I've not seen any responses on here that address this.  I don't want to scroll through all the channels - especially with the new lineup as there is a ton I don't want to see.  Help!

Expert

I have HD FX in a channel below 1000 as well as above.  Do you have the same?

New Poster

Yes - it's channel 707.  When I mark the HD channel as a favorite, it also marks the lower non-HD channel as a favorite. I can see that when looking at Xfinity TV on the web.  But when I set the guide to Favorites only, the HD channel is not includes and the non-HD is.  That happens for more than 40 channels.

Expert

@lgarner00 wrote:

Yes - it's channel 707.  When I mark the HD channel as a favorite, it also marks the lower non-HD channel as a favorite. I can see that when looking at Xfinity TV on the web.  But when I set the guide to Favorites only, the HD channel is not includes and the non-HD is.  That happens for more than 40 channels.

So, is this an issue with the Xfinity Stream website, or is it also an issue with your X1 STB?

Valued Contributor

The Favorites guide will not show any channel number >999.  this issue has been going on since July of 2017, after comcast made a change at that time.  It has been reported many times in this forum, called into customer support,  emails to the head of customer service, with comcast saying there is not any issue.  they say that it is working as designed.  You can complain as much as you want but from what I have seen comcast is not going to do a thing about it.  I believe they want us to live with this minor issue.  I hate to report this but this is what has happened to me with reporting this issue.

You might want to go to your city and state Dept of Telecommunications to file a complaint and then they might do something about it. 

New Poster

It's with my actual boxes with the TVs - in every room.