New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Netflix on X1

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 351 of 446
Any other X1 boxes in the house that you can swap into that location?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 352 of 446

I have the 2 smaller non-DVR boxes elsewhere. Not going to spend the time to do that as I don't have any other issues and I can just watch Netflix through Blu Ray. Just wanted to put this Netflix issue out there in case it hasn't been reported - from your original reply it sounds like Comcast is aware of it. Will wait for fix.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 353 of 446
While using the guide, I noticed that the "Record" option is shown for netflix content. What's the point of the "Record" option if the content is on netflix? It's considered to be ondemand content from netflix.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 354 of 446

RadTV wrote:
While using the guide, I noticed that the "Record" option is shown for netflix content. What's the point of the "Record" option if the content is on netflix? It's considered to be ondemand content from netflix.

I browsed through my guide's movie channels area and do not find any netflix 'listings'. screen shot available and/or procedure to duplicate issue?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 355 of 446

Rustyben wrote:

RadTV wrote:

I browsed through my guide's movie channels area and do not find any netflix 'listings'. screen shot available and/or procedure to duplicate issue?

Guide might not be the right word. If you search for a netflix show, the series info page contains the "Record" option. Why?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 356 of 446
Can you give an example? It may mean that whatever you are searching for is also available to record.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 357 of 446

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Can you give an example? It may mean that whatever you are searching for is also available to record.

I'm referring to the Integration of netflix content within x1 (Not the app). For example: If you search for "The Crown", the series info page displays "Record" as an option. The Record option would not be possible in this case because the netflix content is considered to be "OnDemand" content because it's not live tv so why the record option?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 358 of 446
I see what you mean, I'd assume that's a kink in the design. Good catch tho

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 359 of 446
Is it normal for netflix to take 3 minutes to load on X1? With Blast at "up to" 200mbps.

While accessing Netflix on my Vizio takes 20 seconds.

Will Netflix load times ever improve on X1 or is this it?
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 360 of 446
Adam that does not sound normal.

Not that it answers your question but my Roku Ultra and Roku 4 load Netflix in 2 maybe 3 seconds at most.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 361 of 446

Rustyben wrote:

Heinrichs16 wrote:

I have a primary DVR set top box and two additional boxes, so 3 total boxes. I followed the screen prompts to receive my replacement boxes, and they arrived today.  A few questions:

1. I received only 2 boxes, and they are teeny tiny versions of my existing boxes. Was I sent the right thing?.. Why did Comcast send me 2 instead of 3???
  2. my DVR is supposed to be cloud-based. Does this mean I can just replace the box and I won't lose any of my recordings?  I'm nervous / skeptical, I have a lot on there.

hi, does your primary question involve netflix? Do you have X1 equipment already? Do you have the model numbers of the set top boxes you received? Note that the X1 system has a free feature called cloud DVR but the feature does not depend upon equipment in your home to function. 

Yes my primary question involves Netflix because I wouldn't be replacing any boxes if I hadn't tried to access Netflix and then received this prompt from Comcast that they were going to send me new boxes.

Yes we have X1 boxes already.

The new set top boxes we received are model number CXD01ANI, the cardboard boxes they come in say XiD on them, as well as VID - X1SWAP.  The current DVR set top box I have is about five times the size of this one and has a digital clock on it. 

We use use and love Cloud DVR all the time, I watch a lot on my iPad. But our primary means of watching is on our primary set top box, and second most popular is the bedroom set top box which is not a DVR in itself.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 362 of 446
You were sent the right boxes. The dvr stays as is and you'll swap out your other 2 for the 2 that you were sent

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 363 of 446

Upon exchanging current x1 box for "netflix" able box, will i be charged anymore to my xfinity account?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 364 of 446

V-M wrote:

Upon exchanging current x1 box for "netflix" able box, will i be charged anymore to my xfinity account?

Changing boxes is just an even swap.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 365 of 446

I had to change my Netflix password on the Netfilx internet website.  Now, when I try to access Netflix on my TV via the X1 system, the Netflix splash screen comes up and the circular activity indicator starts spinning and never stops.  How do I get past this screen and get to the sign-in prompt so I can enter my new Netflix password?  No buttons on the remote get past the splash screen.  Do I need to have a technician reset my Netflix login information?  Does the system think I am still logged in to Netflix?  Please help!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 366 of 446

glentall wrote:

I had to change my Netflix password on the Netfilx internet website.  Now, when I try to access Netflix on my TV via the X1 system, the Netflix splash screen comes up and the circular activity indicator starts spinning and never stops.  How do I get past this screen and get to the sign-in prompt so I can enter my new Netflix password?  No buttons on the remote get past the splash screen.  Do I need to have a technician reset my Netflix login information?  Does the system think I am still logged in to Netflix?  Please help!

change back to 'old' password and go back into your X1's Netflix app. At first menu, press up >>  select the Gear icon >> select change password. 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 367 of 446

Rustyben wrote:

glentall wrote:

change back to 'old' password and go back into your X1's Netflix app. At first menu, press up >>  select the Gear icon >> select change password. 

Hi Rustyben, thanks for the response.  

Unfortunately, the problem is that I do not remember the old password -- that is why I had to change my Netflix password on the Netflix website. I expected that I the X1 system would detect a mismatched password and that I would be prompted to enter the new password when trying to connect to Netflix through the Xfinity X1 system.  

I can try guessing what the old password was on the Netflix website, but it could be a long frustrating process (that could possibly fail).  

This seems like a feature to add to the Xfinity X1 system interface software.  Is there any way to have a technician clear out my Netflix authentication on our X1 system so I could access Netflix like it is the first time?  

Thanks again.

Glen

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 368 of 446

glentall wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

glentall wrote:

Unfortunately, the problem is that I do not remember the old password -- that is why I had to change my Netflix password on the Netflix website. I expected that I the X1 system would detect a mismatched password and that I would be prompted to enter the new password when trying to connect to Netflix through the Xfinity X1 system.  

I can try guessing what the old password was on the Netflix website, but it could be a long frustrating process (that could possibly fail).  

This seems like a feature to add to the Xfinity X1 system interface software.  Is there any way to have a technician clear out my Netflix authentication on our X1 system so I could access Netflix like it is the first time?  

Thanks again.

Glen

on the site https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount click on "sign out on all devices'. Does tthe X1 then present tthe login screen again?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 369 of 446

Rustyben wrote:

glentall wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

glentall wrote:

Thanks again.

Glen

on the site https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount click on "sign out on all devices'. Does tthe X1 then present tthe login screen again?

Hooray!  That did it!  I will need to remember that.  Thanks Rustyben for your help!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 370 of 446

V-M wrote:

I see my Netflix monthly charge on my X1 statement.  I no longer have to pay Netflix directly.  HTH

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 371 of 446

They shouldn't automatically assume that you want to make changes to your billing.

I guess that means that you'll have to keep an eye on your bank account from which your Netflix payment used to be debited. Make sure that you don't get double-dipped.

Since Comcast doesn't have any 4k boxes, if you have been paying Netflix for 4k will you still get charged for the 4k package or will you be downgraded to match Comcast's equipment?

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 372 of 446

egnlsn wrote:

They shouldn't automatically assume that you want to make changes to your billing.

I guess that means that you'll have to keep an eye on your bank account from which your Netflix payment used to be debited. Make sure that you don't get double-dipped.

Since Comcast doesn't have any 4k boxes, if you have been paying Netflix for 4k will you still get charged for the 4k package or will you be downgraded to match Comcast's equipment?

That would be based on the assumption that you aren't using any 3rd party devices with 4K capability. It's only on the Comcast bill if you signed up through Comcast. If you signed up through Netflix originally, however it was setup to paid remains the same.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 373 of 446
Thanks for the clarification, ComcastAndrew.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 374 of 446

egnlsn wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, ComcastAndrew.

I am going to monitor where my Netflix billing was to be sure it doesn't get double-billed.  For at least one month after the first month.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 375 of 446
Hiding Netflix really needs to be a thing. Now any time I search for a program on demand it yields so many options I cannot view because I choose to not subscribe to Netflix.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 376 of 446

will I be charge to swap out the old box for a new one?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 377 of 446

romello1997 wrote:

will I be charge to swap out the old box for a new one?

No charge, it's a straight swap.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 378 of 446
How do I reset the app? Won't log in
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 379 of 446

DrPipo wrote:

See Message # 368 in this topic.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 380 of 446

geek46 wrote:

DrPipo wrote:

See Message # 368 in this topic.

geek46, it's better to give someone a link to the message you are referencing instead of a message number. A user who has their messages sorted "Newest to Oldest" will see message 368 to be something different than someone who has it sorted "Oldest to Newest".

The message you are referencing is: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Netflix-on-X1/m-p/2844491#M120625

Posted by
Visitor
Message 381 of 446

Were you able to resolve this? I have same problem with Xfinity and use the same solution - Roku.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 382 of 446

I haven't waded through all 300+ messages, so someone else may have asked about this.

When I am watcing an episode of a series, when it reaches the end of a program  the screen comes up stating the next episode will begin in (15 second countdown). This usually cuts off the end credits of the episode I was watching, and I usually don't want to watch another at that time anyway. Is there a setting to NOT do that?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 383 of 446

Joe_S wrote:

I haven't waded through all 300+ messages, so someone else may have asked about this.

When I am watcing an episode of a series, when it reaches the end of a program  the screen comes up stating the next episode will begin in (15 second countdown). This usually cuts off the end credits of the episode I was watching, and I usually don't want to watch another at that time anyway. Is there a setting to NOT do that?

No,that is a Netflix feature/setting

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 384 of 446

I have only tried once to use Netflix from THe Comcast DVR, and it seemed to work OK but when I exited to go back to Comcast X1 I got sound but no picture. The only way I go it back was o power cycle the DVR. I did not try it on my other TV as the box is not compatible and I'd have to exchange it. Given the previous experience, I don't see any reason to bother. Netflix works perfectly well on the Xbox, the Blu-Ray Player and the Roku, but Comcast can't seem to get it right - must be their low prices LOL...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 385 of 446

I can't agree more about having an option to filter out Netflix. I have opted to not use Netflix, yet about 90% of what I search for or try don't appropriately tell it me its netflix, or if the content is "duplicated" meaning its in both on demand, and Netflix, it doesn't give me the option in which I would prefer to watch it? Just because the option to watch the title is in Netflix. It shouldn't default to Netflix. 

This would appear to be a move to help your Data usage go up, because what I would normally get through Comcasts On Deman service, only defaults to Netflix now. And I don't have the choice which it uses, or defaults to. 

Extremely frustrating.. and very devious in my opinion. 

Not trying to be hostile here, I think its cool they are adding "Options", but for the LOVE make those options more user friendly, and offered in a way that allows the consumer to choose, or filter out what they don't want to use and or see. 

I can filter out Premium networks like HBO, Showtime, etc... why can't I filter out Netflix?

These kind of decisions makes me consider moving to Google Fiber more enticing due to the flexibability that services offers. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 386 of 446

Can't find the answer to my question.  If I have Xfinity X1 and xfinity internet and wifi, will Netflix work on both at the same time?   Also, will Net flix allow the same show on each TV connected to the X1 box, as the DVR will do now?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 387 of 446
Netflix on your X1 isn't using wifi.

Yes, you'll have access.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 388 of 446
The answer to your first question, I believe is yes. You'll be able to watch something on your TV via the X1 box AND stream something on your computer at the same time. Netflix lets you setup different profiles for different members of your family, so you could keep things separated that way.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 389 of 446

Joe_S wrote:

Did you find the setting in your Netflix account? My profile>Playback settings.  Untick Auto-Play. That may solve the problem. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 390 of 446

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Wow,  so we can watch Netflix through X1 without affecting our internet limit!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 391 of 446

ritchea wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

That's not what was said. Netflix doesn't use wifi, but it does go against your monthly use. Two totally different things.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 392 of 446
Posted by
Contributor

Message 393 of 446

ComcastAndrew wrote:

ritchea wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

That's not what was said. Netflix doesn't use wifi, but it does go against your monthly use. Two totally different things.

I just wanted that cleared up.  So,  it uses your internet,  just not the "wifi" component. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 394 of 446
All NON-Xfinity apps (Netflix, Pandora, etc.) use your internet, thus count towards your cap.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 395 of 446

Having issues with sound output on shows that dont have 5.1 Audio. I have my set-top box on surround sound output but when i go to play a netflix show such as Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia it has no sound. The only way to get sound for that show that i have found is to go back to my set-top box settings and change it back to Stereo Output. Is there anyway to fix this??

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 396 of 446

I have been more negative than postive about X1/Comcast and Netflix. I have a Roku Ultra so I believe that puts me in a valid situation to make accurate comparisons.

Tonight I decided to log into Comcast/Netflix and I must admit I was impressed. I watched parts of Orange and Frankie. The picture was obviously 1080 but it looked really good. Clear image with little background noise. Color quality seemed very good. More importantly I noticed the audio was Dolby Digital Plus and it seemed really solid with no drop outs.

Small steps but I hope this trend continues...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 397 of 446

I've made 4 phone calls to Comcast, and reading your comment on the most recent and they are still not able to do anything about mine, which is also giving the Xfinity Internet window and the Internet option is not listed under my services.  Frustrating!!!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 398 of 446

cmckee63 wrote:

I've made 4 phone calls to Comcast, and reading your comment on the most recent and they are still not able to do anything about mine, which is also giving the Xfinity Internet window and the Internet option is not listed under my services.  Frustrating!!!!

Hi, another customer here. Had same problem a few times.

Call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask billing representative to verify that your internet service is assigned to an outlet on your account. The representative may have to do a 'deep background refresh' on your account that can take up to an hour to complete. You can verify that the modem/internet service does appear on your account when billing fixes the issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 399 of 446

I also changed my password and now Netflix won't work.  I tried signing out of all devices and going back to the old password and it still won't work.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 400 of 446

CAFlyer wrote:

I also changed my password and now Netflix won't work.  I tried signing out of all devices and going back to the old password and it still won't work.

from previous post in this thread.... on the site https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount click on "sign out on all devices'. Does the X1 then present the login screen again?

If you can't login on that site then on that site select "forgot your email or password?" link to set up a new password.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon