online now

discussions

Netflix on X1

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 301 of 434 (3,180 Views)

Re: Netflix on X1

http://www.xfinity.com/netflix

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/sign-up-for-netflix-through-x1

I suspect the second link will have the information you need or links to it.

helpmepleasethx wrote:

have the netflix app up and running on xfinity but for the life of me cannot located My List. can anyone offer semi-detailed instructions on where to find it? it was always easy to locate on my apple TV. i feel like i've looked everywhere...thank you!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 302 of 434 (3,127 Views)

thanks for the links. unfortunatley, still no My List.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 303 of 434 (3,114 Views)

helpmepleasethx wrote:

have the netflix app up and running on xfinity but for the life of me cannot located My List. can anyone offer semi-detailed instructions on where to find it? it was always easy to locate on my apple TV. i feel like i've looked everywhere...thank you!

This is a Netflix issue.  I have had this situation on several platforms, not just the X1.  Call them to complain.  Sometimes My List is moved , sometimes it is gone.  Same for Continue Watching. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 304 of 434 (3,084 Views)

helpmepleasethx wrote:

thanks for the links. unfortunatley, still no My List.

My "My List" is on the last Row of lists, just above menu for Categories". I think it was the 31st row.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 305 of 434 (3,071 Views)

i will try that tonight. thanks very much for the all the help!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 306 of 434 (2,979 Views)

Can I setup my X1 box to not show any Netflix programs?  I am not a Netflix user.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 307 of 434 (2,973 Views)

dmvi wrote:

Can I setup my X1 box to not show any Netflix programs?  I am not a Netflix user.

Sorry, no there isn't

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Edited on
‎11-24-2016 10:10 AM

Regular Contributor

Message 308 of 434 (2,956 Views)

[ Edited ]

So I looked thru the thread but if the reason is there I missed it: Why is Netflix picture quality worse on the X1 app compared to my PS3? On the plus side according to my receiver it's Dolby Digital Plus whie the PS3 just says Dolby Digital . My X1 box and my ps3 are both routed thru my Yamaha Aventage RX-A730 then to the same TV via the same HDMI cable. Obviously the signal comes through the same line running to the house then it splits with the internet feed going to my Arris 822 telephony modem then to my Asus RT-AC88U router then hardwired via cat6 to the ps3. The signal to my X1 box is good (downstream received power 5.9 dbmv, snr is 44.1, upstream power 41.3 ) so is it down to the box or the app. I'm not saying the picture is bad just not as sharp. I assume you want the power to the box close to zero. Back when I wasn't aware of this I bought a couple PPC evo and Commscope amps/ lossless splitters.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 309 of 434 (2,899 Views)

cldlhd wrote:

So I looked thru the thread but if the reason is there I missed it: Why is Netflix picture quality worse on the X1 app compared to my PS3? On the plus side according to my receiver it's Dolby Digital Plus whie the PS3 just says Dolby Digital . My X1 box and my ps3 are both routed thru my Yamaha Aventage RX-A730 then to the same TV via the same HDMI cable. Obviously the signal comes through the same line running to the house then it splits with the internet feed going to my Arris 822 telephony modem then to my Asus RT-AC88U router then hardwired via cat6 to the ps3. The signal to my X1 box is good (downstream received power 5.9 dbmv, snr is 44.1, upstream power 41.3 ) so is it down to the box or the app. I'm not saying the picture is bad just not as sharp. I assume you want the power to the box close to zero. Back when I wasn't aware of this I bought a couple PPC evo and Commscope amps/ lossless splitters.

Yeah, Netflix picture quality on the X1 box is definitely much softer/less sharp than on the Apple TV or Roku (I have multiple devices that can play Netflix).  It's sad that this is what Comcast rolled out.  Netflix PQ should be equal across all devices, but it's definitely not as good on the X1.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 310 of 434 (2,884 Views)

jkozlow3 wrote:

cldlhd wrote:

Yeah, Netflix picture quality on the X1 box is definitely much softer/less sharp than on the Apple TV or Roku (I have multiple devices that can play Netflix).  It's sad that this is what Comcast rolled out.  Netflix PQ should be equal across all devices, but it's definitely not as good on the X1.

I can't speak to Apple or Roku, but the Netflix PQ on X1 in my house is excellent.  It is as good as Netflix PQ is from my smart TV or Blu Ray Home theater.  Based on comments in this thread, I switched back and forth among all 3 platforms and couldn't see a difference. Perhaps its a Comcast thing based on signal quality at your house or in your neighborhood.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 311 of 434 (2,856 Views)

I've been using Netflix on my X1 for a few weeks now and I like it!  I haven't noticed any difference in picture quality from my Roku or PC.  I do have one minor complaint about the integration with X1 though (of course).  I was in the middle of the second season of Mad Men before Netflix came to X1, and I wanted to continue watching it on there, so I searched for it and found all 7 seasons.  Each episode has the option to either pay $2.99 or watch it free on Netflix.  None of the episodes were marked as 'Watched', which I guess makes sense since I never watched them on the X1 before.  So I went through and manually marked all the episodes I already watched, so I would know where to pick-up from.  However, after watching the next episode, I went back to the On Demand list, and that one was still not marked as watched.  I don't understand why.  I guess for now I have to manually mark each episode right after I watch it so I don't get confused.  Hopefully this is just an oversight and it will be fixed soon.  If they're going to integrate it, why not go all the way with it?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 312 of 434 (2,848 Views)

I was watching it today and I'm not saying it's bad or that I don't use the app it's just not quite as good as on the ps3. Its definitely not a signal issue coming into the house. My signal to noise ratio is up above 41.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 313 of 434 (2,803 Views)

FWIW, I think this app is terrible. It freezes my cable and I have to reboot it. I usually just watch Netflix through my Roku player and will return to doing so.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 314 of 434 (2,790 Views)

I stopped watching because of the audio drops. Hopefully a looming update will fix it.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 315 of 434 (2,754 Views)

Quick question. When Searching on-demand TV shows now most of my results are Netflix. Can I filter out netflix results like "free to me" filter for mivies? It's very annoying. It makes searching on demand useless if I cannot filter shows I can see.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 316 of 434 (2,753 Views)

I also noticed that not only are the Netflix results showing up but it doesn't recognize what I've watched in those results. If they're going to cross pollinate the search results they should at least know what I've watched and allow me to pick up where I left off and you should be able to filter out Netflix results .
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 317 of 434 (2,622 Views)

I replaced my older set top box with the new XiD box that XFinity sent giving full access to the Netflix app.  It works fine on my X1 DVR and my new set top box .. NICE.   MY QUESTION IS - what path does the new appliance take to get at the internet-hosted Netflix content?  Using the Netflix trouble shooting window that's visible during the intial setup after we enter the user account login, I can see verification of the internet connections and the various Netflix servers.  WHERE is that content linked into my home system?  Does it go directly upstream through the CABLE connection (and deals with Netflix externally)?    OR does it use my local internet hardware as the gateway to make this connection (internet modem-ethernet or wifi which is what a 3rd party appliance like a stand alone DVD plays does). Thinking that it was using in-house Comcast-WiFi, I was concerned that it didn't ask me for the secure password ... a hint, I guess.  I am asking this because there are places in my house where there IS a set top box but WiFi is marginal.  It's 'working' so far, I just want to know the path of that data so that I can consider the impact of any changes I might do to the house network.  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 318 of 434 (2,598 Views)

collirob wrote:

I replaced my older set top box with the new XiD box that XFinity sent giving full access to the Netflix app.  It works fine on my X1 DVR and my new set top box .. NICE.   MY QUESTION IS - what path does the new appliance take to get at the internet-hosted Netflix content?  Using the Netflix trouble shooting window that's visible during the intial setup after we enter the user account login, I can see verification of the internet connections and the various Netflix servers.  WHERE is that content linked into my home system?  Does it go directly upstream through the CABLE connection (and deals with Netflix externally)?    OR does it use my local internet hardware as the gateway to make this connection (internet modem-ethernet or wifi which is what a 3rd party appliance like a stand alone DVD plays does). Thinking that it was using in-house Comcast-WiFi, I was concerned that it didn't ask me for the secure password ... a hint, I guess.  I am asking this because there are places in my house where there IS a set top box but WiFi is marginal.  It's 'working' so far, I just want to know the path of that data so that I can consider the impact of any changes I might do to the house network.  

The data path is through the set-top box, not your cable modem. Test this out yourself by unplugging your modem. You will see you still have access to Netflix through the cable box.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 319 of 434 (2,578 Views)

Thank You - This answers my question and provides an easy test to confirm.

Running the netflix app on the X1 box has no impact on data flow through the separate modem/wifi.

Now I'll go down into the dungeon and install the last XiD ugrade box in the land of no WiFi.

Problem Solved

Posted by
Visitor

Message 320 of 434 (2,566 Views)

Turn off Netflix on X1

How can I disable Netflix integration on X1? Personally I don't want to see additional on demand services I don't get. It seems some shows that were free I demand now moved over to The Netflix service.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 321 of 434 (2,560 Views)

Re: Turn off Netflix on X1

JimmyLob wrote:
How can I disable Netflix integration on X1? Personally I don't want to see additional on demand services I don't get. It seems some shows that were free I demand now moved over to The Netflix service.

You can go into Comcast Labs section of your Settings and change the Netflix on X1 to OFF

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 322 of 434 (2,517 Views)

Re: Turn off Netflix on X1

That portion is grayed out...
Posted by
Contributor

Message 323 of 434 (2,516 Views)

Netflix Message "This Feature Requires Xfinity Internet"

Started today, when I go to open the Xfinity App on my box I get the message "This Feature requires Xfinity Internet".  I obviously have Xfinity Internet and it's working fine.  Netflix is working just fine when I test it on my Roku. So, is there a known issue right now with Netflix and the X1 boxes?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 324 of 434 (2,482 Views)

Re: Netflix Message "This Feature Requires Xfinity Internet"

johnviz74 wrote:

Started today, when I go to open the Xfinity App on my box I get the message "This Feature requires Xfinity Internet".  I obviously have Xfinity Internet and it's working fine.  Netflix is working just fine when I test it on my Roku. So, is there a known issue right now with Netflix and the X1 boxes?

Thanks in advance.

Which X1 box do you have?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 325 of 434 (2,476 Views)

I have the XG1-a from Arris

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 326 of 434 (2,470 Views)

johnviz74 wrote:

I have the XG1-a from Arris

It sounds like a "back-end" issue; the X1 box uses its network connection to reach Netflix.  I suggest you call Comcast customer support and explain the exact problem to them.  Hopefully, they have already received other calls like yours.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 327 of 434 (2,435 Views)

adding...

using the Xfinity My Account app, select the internet tab and see if your modem is listed and verify the 'MAC" address matches.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-02-2016 11:30 PM

Contributor

Message 328 of 434 (2,401 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Rustyben Thanks for your reply, it pointed me in the right direction to get the issue fixed.  There was no "Internet" tab in the My Account app. So I called them up and they had messed up assigning the right ID's for the boxes that I had. So after a 30 min hold while he spoke with billing and a reboot on my end all is working again.  And the "Internet" tab now appears on the My Account app.

Thank you!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 329 of 434 (2,362 Views)

Re: Netflix Beta Program on X1

Comcast tells you how to signup through the app but they don't mention if it's possible to cancel through the app?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 330 of 434 (2,356 Views)

Re: Netflix Beta Program on X1

RadTV wrote:

Comcast tells you how to signup through the app but they don't mention if it's possible to cancel through the app?

It's not possible, like any account downgrade you would need to call in or use the online chat.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 331 of 434 (2,281 Views)

X1 Parental control and Netflix

So I appreciate the Netflix app and how programs are integrated into the X1 search.  However, we use parental controls on the X1, and it seems like if you have parental controls enabled at all, regardless of how it is configured, anytime you try to start a show from Netflix it prompts for the parental control code.  This means the addition of Netfilx is worthless for my kids.  They still have to go somewhere else to watch Netflix.  Netflix has its own parental controls (which we use), it should be exempt from the X1's, or at least have the option to disable it for Netflix.  

Posted by
Visitor
Message 332 of 434 (2,315 Views)

netflix captioning

Cantt figure out how to turn off captioning in the Netflix ap. These instructtions https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/closed-captioning-and-subtitles-in-netflix-on... say to choose a program and from the options panel choose subtitles. Am I missing something obvious?  I cant find an options panel or any options for subtitles

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 333 of 434 (2,278 Views)

Re: netflix captioning

mrayh wrote:

Cantt figure out how to turn off captioning in the Netflix ap. These instructtions https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/closed-captioning-and-subtitles-in-netflix-on... say to choose a program and from the options panel choose subtitles. Am I missing something obvious?  I cant find an options panel or any options for subtitles

while playing an asset, press the down arrow 2 times. select subtitles and subtitle option. hit up arrow two times to dismiss the menu.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 334 of 434 (2,283 Views)

What boxes would I be getting if I swap.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 335 of 434 (2,264 Views)

danorman7951 wrote:
What boxes would I be getting if I swap.

It depends on what Comcast plan you have.  Call Comcast customer service and ask them.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 336 of 434 (2,263 Views)

Has anyone ever tried to remove one netflix account and replace it with a different one?  Our daughter who lives out of town connected our X1 to her netflix account.  Now I can't seem to correct it so we are using our own netflix account.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 337 of 434 (2,254 Views)

When you are in the app, go to the settings menu, and sign out and then sign back in with the account that you wish

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 338 of 434 (2,191 Views)

I am sick of getting Netflix results in my searches. I pay a great deal to Comcast for content, I'm not going to subscribe to Netflix too. It will not allow me to disable it in labs. Please address this issue.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 339 of 434 (2,154 Views)

Username3 wrote:
I am sick of getting Netflix results in my searches. I pay a great deal to Comcast for content, I'm not going to subscribe to Netflix too. It will not allow me to disable it in labs. Please address this issue.

Since I am a Netflix subscriber I hadn't thought of it from your perspective.  But looking at it that way, it's basically a form of advertising for Netflix to those that don't subscribe.  A way to show what someone could be watching (presumably even what they are searching for) if only they had Netflix.  If I didn't have Netflix it would definitely be annoying to me.  I'm guessing that was designed that way for a reason - maybe it's even in the contract that allows the app on the boxes?  If so, they're probably not going to make any changes to that. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 340 of 434 (2,114 Views)

Re: Comcast and Netflix

Two things - I am in the 30 day trial period for Netflix on Xfinity. First - In the sign-up process nowhere does Xfinity say that Netflix counts against the 1TB monthly data limit. It's represented simply as another premium network. Second - After about 30 minutes into every program the sound and picture begin to stutter badly. Happens every time. This is not a beta product. It is being sold as a finished product. Xfinity is misrepresenting the Netflix product. You're asked to pay $9.99 per month for HD, but you're not told about the data limit, AND IT DOESN'T WORK! I will be canceling the service immediately due to these two reasons. I feel mislead and disrespected as a longtime Xfinity customer.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 341 of 434 (2,108 Views)

Re: Comcast and Netflix

Discovery77 wrote:
Two things - I am in the 30 day trial period for Netflix on Xfinity. First - In the sign-up process nowhere does Xfinity say that Netflix counts against the 1TB monthly data limit. It's represented simply as another premium network. Second - After about 30 minutes into every program the sound and picture begin to stutter badly. Happens every time. This is not a beta product. It is being sold as a finished product. Xfinity is misrepresenting the Netflix product. You're asked to pay $9.99 per month for HD, but you're not told about the data limit, AND IT DOESN'T WORK! I will be canceling the service immediately due to these two reasons. I feel mislead and disrespected as a longtime Xfinity customer.

The X1 APPS make use of your Internet connection and also apply to your cap....  Since you are using the internet to watch Netflix, the sound & picture "stutter" is an issue that you may have within your residence that you may not even be aware of.  A Tech onsite can evaluate and make the necessary corrections (wire, connectors, splitters, outside connections, etc ).

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 342 of 434 (1,961 Views)

Comcast Box Netflix App

Any documentation anywhere about what remote keys one uses to navigate the Comcast Netflix app?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 343 of 434 (1,943 Views)

Re: Comcast Box Netflix App

leeforedie wrote:

Any documentation anywhere about what remote keys one uses to navigate the Comcast Netflix app?

The first topic in this thread is your best source for info:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Netflix-on-X1/m-p/2802043/highlight/true#M113626

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 344 of 434 (1,864 Views)

I have a primary DVR set top box and two additional boxes, so 3 total boxes. I followed the screen prompts to receive my replacement boxes, and they arrived today.  A few questions:

1. I received only 2 boxes, and they are teeny tiny versions of my existing boxes. Was I sent the right thing?.. Why did Comcast send me 2 instead of 3???
  2. my DVR is supposed to be cloud-based. Does this mean I can just replace the box and I won't lose any of my recordings?  I'm nervous / skeptical, I have a lot on there.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 345 of 434 (1,845 Views)

Heinrichs16 wrote:

I have a primary DVR set top box and two additional boxes, so 3 total boxes. I followed the screen prompts to receive my replacement boxes, and they arrived today.  A few questions:

1. I received only 2 boxes, and they are teeny tiny versions of my existing boxes. Was I sent the right thing?.. Why did Comcast send me 2 instead of 3???
  2. my DVR is supposed to be cloud-based. Does this mean I can just replace the box and I won't lose any of my recordings?  I'm nervous / skeptical, I have a lot on there.

hi, does your primary question involve netflix? Do you have X1 equipment already? Do you have the model numbers of the set top boxes you received? Note that the X1 system has a free feature called cloud DVR but the feature does not depend upon equipment in your home to function. 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 346 of 434 (1,802 Views)

Re: Netflix on x1 sound cutting out.

I noticed today watching Netflix on main DVR box that the sound cuts out for a split second every so often. It was getting annoying and when switching to Netflix on another device there wasn't an issue. I tried unplugging box and resetting box and neither option worked. My signal strength is good too. Assuming this is a Netflix app issue. 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 347 of 434 (1,792 Views)

It's an X1 surround audio issue.

Comcast is very aware. Lots of discussion on the issue.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 348 of 434 (1,790 Views)

I have 5.1 speaker setup and I don't have this issue on watching shows or DVR on X1 - only on Netflix X1 app. 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 349 of 434 (1,782 Views)

Unplugged and rebooted your X1 box.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 350 of 434 (1,774 Views)

As I said in my original post I already did this.