members

online now

discussions

Netflix on X1

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 251 of 460

66Curly wrote:

I am having the exact same issue. It was working great and the I had to change my password and now can't get it to load. Sorry - no suggestions, but hoping someone will have some ideas!

this came up previously. change your password back to the old password, then use the x1 netflix app and change the password within the X1 netflix app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 252 of 460

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Many are aware of the announcement made earlier this year about the Netflix Beta Program for our X1 platform. We are happy to announce that the Beta has ended and we are officially releasing the feature into our full production environment. Thank you for all of the feedback that you have provided so far and would love to continue hearing more from you.

We’re using this thread to bring prior questions about this subject together and we’ll continue to update as more information is available.

Here are some questions and answers:  

How can I access the Netflix app? 

• Press the Xfinity button, select apps, scroll down to the entertainment section and you should be able to see and open Netflix.

How can I tell if my X1 Box is compatible with Netflix?

• After you follow the steps above to launch the app you will be prompted with an offer to exchange your X1 TV Box for one that is compatible.

How can I swap my X1 box for one that is compatible? 

• You will just need to follow the prompts after the step above in order to start the exchange process. Here is a screen shot in how it will look like.

netflix.png

Netflix is officially out of beta today, we will keep this thread going foward just in case any previus questions come up. Please continue to let us know how the experience is going for you, we have taken a lot of feedback from everyone here and fowared this to the team that is working on it. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 253 of 460

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Many are aware of the announcement made earlier this year about the Netflix Beta Program for our X1 platform. We are happy to announce that the Beta has ended and we are officially releasing the feature into our full production environment. Thank you for all of the feedback that you have provided so far and would love to continue hearing more from you.

We’re using this thread to bring prior questions about this subject together and we’ll continue to update as more information is available.

Here are some questions and answers:  

How can I access the Netflix app? 

• Press the Xfinity button, select apps, scroll down to the entertainment section and you should be able to see and open Netflix.

How can I tell if my X1 Box is compatible with Netflix?

• After you follow the steps above to launch the app you will be prompted with an offer to exchange your X1 TV Box for one that is compatible.

How can I swap my X1 box for one that is compatible? 

• You will just need to follow the prompts after the step above in order to start the exchange process. Here is a screen shot in how it will look like.

netflix.png

Netflix is officially out of beta today, we will keep this thread going foward just in case any previus questions come up. Please continue to let us know how the experience is going for you, we have taken a lot of feedback from everyone here and fowared this to the team that is working on it. 

If you have a voice remote, just say "Netflix" and the app starts!

Posted by
New Poster
Message 254 of 460
It's very annoying the sound had been cutting out for a few seconds to like 10 or 15 servings while watching nettfix on Xfinity x1. Any ideas how to fix? I did unplug box for reset and still happening.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 255 of 460
So it looks like the Netflix app popped up in my App section. But I checked the Comcast Labs section and I see that I can't turn "Netflix on X1" off. That option is greyed out. I'm assuming this is the actual non-beta app and not the beta app that was used via Comcast Labs?

The reason I asked is because when. I signed in and I go to the On Demand section I don't see Netflix recommendations at all. Is that something that will slowly populate in a few days or is something wrong on my end?

Many thanks in advance.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 256 of 460

When I start the app on the X1 box , I get a network error NW-6-500 , do I need to call comcast to enable netflix on my account? The network tests in the netflix app all test out OK.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 257 of 460

mr_ken wrote:

When I start the app on the X1 box , I get a network error NW-6-500 , do I need to call comcast to enable netflix on my account? The network tests in the netflix app all test out OK.

That would be the first thing I would try.  No guarantees because the app is so new.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 258 of 460

mr_ken wrote:

According to this: https://sitedown.co/netflix/nw-6-500

The server might be down. You might also try rebooting the system in an attempt to re-establish a connection.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 259 of 460

Occasionally I've been watching something and the picture will freeze, but the audio continues [typically once it happens once it'll keep happening, so I just switch over to the blu-ray player to continue watching].

Any idea why this is happening and/or how to fix it? Or do we just have to wait for an update to fix the kinks like that?

Posted by
Administrator

Message 260 of 460

VansyC wrote:

Occasionally I've been watching something and the picture will freeze, but the audio continues [typically once it happens once it'll keep happening, so I just switch over to the blu-ray player to continue watching].

Any idea why this is happening and/or how to fix it? Or do we just have to wait for an update to fix the kinks like that?

This can be related to a signal problem, my suggestion would be to double check all fittings to ensure they are tight or unscrew them and reconnect them, but if you already have done this we might have to look into that for you and possibly even have a tech out to check. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 261 of 460

Off Topic Post Removed from the Forums per Forum Guidelines.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 262 of 460
It works on mine.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 263 of 460

I was playing with the new Netflix offering on the X1 box last night. While it was very easy to speak a Netflix program into the remote to find it, I noticed that the On Demand totals for available free movies is still the same (3,456). With the addition of Netflix programs, shouldn't this number increase by the number of films that Netflix has? If I say 'show me action movies', it still only shows the ones available on Xfinity On Demand, and not all the ones in the Netflix Library.

YES, I have logged into my Netflix account through the X1 app.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix for it?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 264 of 460

We still only have Netflix appearing on one of our DVRs.  I turned it on a while ago during the beta and it seems to be working fine.  However, on the downstairs DVR, the app isn't there and Comcast Labs still lists it as coming soon.

How do we get Netflix to appear on our second DVR?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 265 of 460

kjakubowsk wrote:

We still only have Netflix appearing on one of our DVRs.  I turned it on a while ago during the beta and it seems to be working fine.  However, on the downstairs DVR, the app isn't there and Comcast Labs still lists it as coming soon.

It depends on the model of satellite STB you have. If you have the original X1 Satellite STB of RNG150N, it will never support the Netflix app. Comcast will let you replace that RNG150 with a newer satellite STB at no charge or change in your monthly bill. I swapped mine for a newer XID X1 box that fully supports Netflix and other X1 apps that appear on your main X1DVR box.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 266 of 460
Why is the option to turn off Netflix on X1 greyed out? I do not subscribe to Netflix and do not like having to sift through within a show to figure out which episodes are free on demand because I subscribe to that channel and which episodes are "free" only if I subscribe. I'd rather it show up with a "Netflix" icon to differentiate it.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 267 of 460

That's easy, that's by design to show you all the stuff you are missing by NOT having Netflix, in hopes that you will subscribe.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 268 of 460
thanks for stating the obvious. It's not any less annoying understanding their reasoning for doing this.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 269 of 460

tjkelly36 wrote:

kjakubowsk wrote:

It depends on the model of satellite STB you have. If you have the original X1 Satellite STB of RNG150N, it will never support the Netflix app. Comcast will let you replace that RNG150 with a newer satellite STB at no charge or change in your monthly bill. I swapped mine for a newer XID X1 box that fully supports Netflix and other X1 apps that appear on your main X1DVR box.

I'm not talking about a satellite box. We have two XG1-P boxes.  Netflix is working on one of them but the other box still says coming soon in the Comcast Labs section.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 270 of 460

kjakubowsk wrote:

I'm not talking about a satellite box. We have two XG1-P boxes.  Netflix is working on one of them but the other box still says coming soon in the Comcast Labs section.

I know it is obvious but have you unplugged the 2nd box and let it restart from scratch, maybe reloading the firmware.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 271 of 460

Great to hear netflix is coming to XFinity boxes, question:   I did the online "Upgrade your box to watch Netflix" as indicated while on one of my small X1 boxes (we have 3 small x1 boxes and 1 DVR), it said new equipment would be shipped.   So, how much new equipment?  Do I need all 4 boxes replaced or just the central DVR?   I spoke with someone in customer service and they seemed to say I would only need a new DVR box but they said it without much confidence in their voice (you know how that is when you speak to comcast unfortunately, they are trying but have no real info).

Also, when they said I would get a new DVR, I asked if I would lose my DVR Content since we now have the feature of all our content being available "On the cloud".  This person checked and said that I would lose it alll unfortunately, which I don't understand since it is on storage somewhere.

thanks for any replies/info

Doug S.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 272 of 460

notoriusDUG wrote:

Great to hear netflix is coming to XFinity boxes, question:   I did the online "Upgrade your box to watch Netflix" as indicated while on one of my small X1 boxes (we have 3 small x1 boxes and 1 DVR), it said new equipment would be shipped.   So, how much new equipment?  Do I need all 4 boxes replaced or just the central DVR?   I spoke with someone in customer service and they seemed to say I would only need a new DVR box but they said it without much confidence in their voice (you know how that is when you speak to comcast unfortunately, they are trying but have no real info).

Also, when they said I would get a new DVR, I asked if I would lose my DVR Content since we now have the feature of all our content being available "On the cloud".  This person checked and said that I would lose it alll unfortunately, which I don't understand since it is on storage somewhere.

thanks for any replies/info

Doug S.

It really depends on the type of boxes that you had for those other devices, there is a chance that you might have to swap them. If you need to change them, the system should prompt you for an exchange when you try to access it from them. 

If you have cloud DVR, for recordings made after June 7, 2016, they will be accessible from your new TV box as well as from mobile devices and computers. For any recordings made prior to June 7, 2016, only mobile devices or computers will have access to the recording.There is more info on that here. https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 273 of 460

I am liking this app more as I use it.  It is embedded in the On Demand option.  I was able to watch an episode that cost $2.99 On Demand but the Netflix option was free.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 274 of 460

RobertWy wrote:

I am liking this app more as I use it.  It is embedded in the On Demand option.  I was able to watch an episode that cost $2.99 On Demand but the Netflix option was free.

Not free. Netflix is $10/mo

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 275 of 460

tjkelly36 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Sorry.  I should have been more informative.  Thank you.  I meant that the On Demand episode costs a one-time charge of $2.99 while it was free if I used Netflix, which costs $10/mo.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 276 of 460

That just means that if he watches 10 things this month, that $2.99 movie will cost $1.

tjkelly36 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 277 of 460

I am having the same issue, they sent me 3 new PXD01ANI boxes to replace my old so I could run Netflix and now sometimes after watching Netflix for awhile the sound starts cutting in/out.  I have to hit "Last" twice to get out to the Netflix program selection window and re-select my program and then the skipping goes away for a while.   If you just hit last once (to the watching options menu for that specific program) it does not do it, you have to get out to the main netflix menu.   You can also hit Exit to get out of the Netflix app but then it is a little bit more effort to get back in to the point of watching your show.   Hopefully this is a Netflix App issue that will be resolved soon.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 278 of 460

I am moderately irritated that many of the on demand shows we enjoy (WHY WE PURCHASED X1 SERVICE TO BEGIN WITH) now require me to sign up for yet ANOTHER subscription service. I'd like to write someone to complain about this! Anyone know how to make our voices heard? I cannot be alone in this!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 279 of 460

A new way for them to try to get us to our 1TB limit on data...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 280 of 460

fullyautomated2 wrote:

I am moderately irritated that many of the on demand shows we enjoy (WHY WE PURCHASED X1 SERVICE TO BEGIN WITH) now require me to sign up for yet ANOTHER subscription service. I'd like to write someone to complain about this! Anyone know how to make our voices heard? I cannot be alone in this!

having access to Netflix in search and on-demand within the X1 entertainment system was reqeusted by the customers like us for over 2 years. Comcast worked with Netflix to make it happen. You do not have to subscribe to netflix just like you don't have to watch (and pay for) PPV assets.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 281 of 460

The problem is that for those of us who don't subscribe to Netflix, we can't turn off that option, so it appears like there are all these options for on demand, you select one and then it asks for a subscription to Netflix. And it appears that a ton of shows that used to be availalbe on demand are no longer on demand, they've all now been moved to Netflix.

For example, every on demand episode on Disney is no longer available throught Xfinity, theyre only availalble through Netflix. My daughter can see all of them, they say "on demand", but when she picks one, it's Netflix only. Comcast in their infinite wisdom won't let you disable the Netflix option so we have to sort through episodes she can't watch.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 282 of 460

Kellywin wrote:

The problem is that for those of us who don't subscribe to Netflix, we can't turn off that option, so it appears like there are all these options for on demand, you select one and then it asks for a subscription to Netflix. And it appears that a ton of shows that used to be availalbe on demand are no longer on demand, they've all now been moved to Netflix.

For example, every on demand episode on Disney is no longer available throught Xfinity, theyre only availalble through Netflix. My daughter can see all of them, they say "on demand", but when she picks one, it's Netflix only. Comcast in their infinite wisdom won't let you disable the Netflix option so we have to sort through episodes she can't watch.

can you give an example of your search you are using? I have 2 with X1 logged in and one DVR and one XG2 that are not logged in. Your problem may be an issue because it is logged into x1 perhaps? when you select a search result, do yo see 'ways to watch' option? (may have to scroll to see it).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 283 of 460

Please explain how blocking non-Netflix members from viewing programs they once were able to view is a good decision? I'm paying $140 per month and now I have to add Netflix to my 

account?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 284 of 460

DT2016 wrote:

Please explain how blocking non-Netflix members from viewing programs they once were able to view is a good decision? I'm paying $140 per month and now I have to add Netflix to my 

account?

can you give an example of what is blocked? is it blocked on just the X! or also on the xFinity tV app or the https://tv.xfinity.com/ site too?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 285 of 460

Can you help to understand how to download movies on Netflix. I have X1, I have my Netflix account through Comcast.

I want to watch "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang".  It isn't available by searching NetFlix from the App interface on Comcast.  It is available to download when I searched Netflix.com online.  CIn i download this film using X1? 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 286 of 460

ASNM1 wrote:

Can you help to understand how to download movies on Netflix. I have X1, I have my Netflix account through Comcast.

I want to watch "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang".  It isn't available by searching NetFlix from the App interface on Comcast.  It is available to download when I searched Netflix.com online.  CIn i download this film using X1?  

Netflix online does not offer movie downloads. Do you mean streaming where you watch a live stream? Most recordings that you complete can be downloaded to a smart device. I specifically checked the title you gave and it is not available for streaming only a real DVD rental.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 287 of 460

I've seen quite a few titles on Netflix like that -- available ONLY for DVD viewing. When I did a search on Netflix.com for "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," the results were simply "Titles Related to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang."

So I Googled "Is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Available on Netflix?" The first result was "Is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Netflix USA?" < http://movies.netflixable.com/Netflix-USA/332968/kiss-kiss-bang-bang-season-1> Close to the bottom of the page is a gray box that addresses that very issue:

"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is available for online streaming in the following countries: Sorry, this title isn't currently available on Netflix anywhere Worldwide."

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 288 of 460

I have Netflix on my living room X1 DVR but the box in the bedroom requires an upgrade. The exchange is free but I was wondering if the monthly bill ( currently $9.95 a month ) changes . If so I was going to pass as Netflix already works great on the Sharp/Roku TV in the bedroom. Also any idea what replacement box I'm liable to get to replace the satelite boxes?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 289 of 460

cldlhd wrote:

I have Netflix on my living room X1 DVR but the box in the bedroom requires an upgrade. The exchange is free but I was wondering if the monthly bill ( currently $9.95 a month ) changes . If so I was going to pass as Netflix already works great on the Sharp/Roku TV in the bedroom. Also any idea what replacement box I'm liable to get to replace the satelite boxes?

the one you need to swapout has its own tuner (RNG150). I would recommend that you request a companion set top box model xG2 (unless you already have one). The xG2 has its own tuner to use like your RNG150 so it does not need to 'take' one from the DVR to use. That xG2 will allow you to add up to 3 more xiD type of companions (smaller but capable set top boxes) at any time in the future. Price for companion boxes remains the same.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 290 of 460

Rustyben wrote:

cldlhd wrote:

the one you need to swapout has its own tuner (RNG150). I would recommend that you request a companion set top box model xG2 (unless you already have one). The xG2 has its own tuner to use like your RNG150 so it does not need to 'take' one from the DVR to use. That xG2 will allow you to add up to 3 more xiD type of companions (smaller but capable set top boxes) at any time in the future. Price for companion boxes remains the same.

Thanks . I did the request over the RNG150 box when prompted so I have no Idea what I'm getting. I really don't want to steal tuners from my DVR if I can help it. If they do I at least thope the companion boxes turn off easily so they're not using a tuner when nobody is watching them. Is the xG2 more a month than the companion boxes? We only have 3 TV's in the house at the moment. The main one in the living room, the one bedroom and one in the kitchen that is almost never used.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 291 of 460

Loving the Netflix app. When typing in 4K it does show all of Netflix 4k shows but when watching they are coming in as 1080p. Am I doing something wrong? 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 292 of 460

Woodard429 wrote:

Loving the Netflix app. When typing in 4K it does show all of Netflix 4k shows but when watching they are coming in as 1080p. Am I doing something wrong? 

None of the available boxes have 4K capability. 1080p is as far as they can be set.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 293 of 460

Seems to me it wouldn't matter about the box since the content is coming from Netflix and being displayed on a 4k tv. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 294 of 460

The box has to have to be able to process and put out a 4K signal in order to watch it in 4K. Hopefully, they'll come out with their Xi6 STB soon, which does 4K.  Just like you can't watch 4K content on a Roku 3.

Woodard429 wrote:

Seems to me it wouldn't matter about the box since the content is coming from Netflix and being displayed on a 4k tv. 

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 295 of 460

Might be off topic but I have 2 PR150BNM companion boxes that were going to be replaced by mail. I cancelled that order and went to my local store wanting the xG2 so I wouldn't be stealing tuners from my main DVR. I was told that wouldn't be an option and I could swap my boxes for 2 xi3's. I was also told my Arris X1 box has 6 tuners when I thought it had 5. Not a huge deal but if the 2 xi3's are being used and I'm watching something on the DVR then I could only tape 2 shows at that time? According to the order I was going to be sent 2 xid's so I guess the xi3's are better. I was also told that Comcast wants the PR150BNM's replaced by xi3's to free up bandwidth for possible 4K boxes. Makes sense as the way i see I now have 7 potential tuners connected to Comcast ( 5 on the DVR and the 2 companions ) and that'll drop to 5 now.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 296 of 460
Yes it is off topic and there is no reason to post the same thing in multiple threads...
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 297 of 460
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 298 of 460
To continue the theme I got two xg2's today as the xid's weren't entered right at the warehouse and I had the two 150' s in hand....
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 299 of 460

Comcast,

Why does the Netflix picture quality on the X1 not match the Netflix PQ on other devices?

I have an Apple TV, Roku, Blu-Ray player, etc. and all of them have Netflix built-in.  All of my devices (including the X1) are set to output 1080p.

Yet, if I start 2 identical episodes of the same show on the X1 and one of my other Netflix devices (i.e. Apple TV), the picture is much sharper and more detailed on the other devices when switching back and forth.  When watching Netflix on the X1, it almost looks like 720p in comparison, yet all of my devices are set to 1080p.  This is disappointing.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 300 of 460

have the netflix app up and running on xfinity but for the life of me cannot located My List. can anyone offer semi-detailed instructions on where to find it? it was always easy to locate on my apple TV. i feel like i've looked everywhere...thank you!