Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Netflix on X1

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 201 of 444
Did you go to each box's settings and choose FULL 100℅ SCREEN SIZE and do same on each box once logged into and in the Netflix app on each TV? Sounds like one isn't set correctly. All 4 of my TVs show Netflix full screen and not tiny. Netflix looks like any other Comcast Xfinity movie and depends on if movie was shot in theater mode, leaving black bars too and bottom, or if it's been reformatted for TV and fills entire screen having no black bars at top or bottom.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 202 of 444

I had initial sucess with Netflix on my X1, but after a password change on my Netflix account, I can no longer connect to the app through X1. I tried re-booting the X1 box to no avail. Anyone else have this issue and/or any suggestions?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 203 of 444

bootleg956 wrote:

I had initial sucess with Netflix on my X1, but after a password change on my Netflix account, I can no longer connect to the app through X1. I tried re-booting the X1 box to no avail. Anyone else have this issue and/or any suggestions?

I don't have the app yet.  Can you sign out of the app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 204 of 444

RobertWy wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

Nope, the Netflix loading screen comes up and nothing happens. There isn't any method to sign out or change to the new password.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 205 of 444

bootleg956 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

Nope, the Netflix loading screen comes up and nothing happens. There isn't any method to sign out or change to the new password.

There is no current easy way to do this. 

You would need to sign into Netflix.com, go to the upper right corner where it shows the account name, click on “Your Account”
Then click on “Sign out of all devices”. and click “Sign out” to confirm. It takes a while for it to take effect, up to 8 hrs according to the screen. 

This should change in future updates, no ETA on when it will happen.

Also, just to add this should not happen all the time when a password is changed. The system will usually prompt to sign in again. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 206 of 444

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

You would need to sign into Netflix.com, go to the upper right corner where it shows the account name, click on “Your Account”
Then click on “Sign out of all devices”. and click “Sign out” to confirm. It takes a while it to take effect, up to 8 hrs according to the screen. 

Also, just to add this should not happen all the time when a password is changed. The system will usually prompt to sign in again. 

Thanks! I will give this a try.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 207 of 444

bootleg956 wrote:

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

Then click on “Sign out of all devices”. and click “Sign out” to confirm. It takes a while it to take effect, up to 8 hrs according to the screen. 

No problem, hoping it solves your problem. Let us know how it goes. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 208 of 444

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

bootleg956 wrote:

No problem, hoping it solves your problem. Let us know how it goes. 

Great advice,  it worked like a charm.  Back up and running. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 209 of 444

I recently upgraded my xfinity cable boxes.  The one on my upstairs TV is a big box, the one downstairs is a little box.  I can get Netflix through Xfinity on the upstairs box, but on the little box it says "coming soon."  How do I get this changed?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 210 of 444

kmckittrick2 wrote:

I recently upgraded my xfinity cable boxes.  The one on my upstairs TV is a big box, the one downstairs is a little box.  I can get Netflix through Xfinity on the upstairs box, but on the little box it says "coming soon."  How do I get this changed?

the last post I read on this said that approximately 50% of the boxes are turned on for netflix, and rest are being activated in a short period of time. My set top boxes showed the message one day and it was active.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 211 of 444

wrote:
I am wondering why people care about this so much.

I am currently watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix in 4K resolution with Dolby Digital Plus audio using my new Roku Ultra.

Sorry people but there are better and faster ways to go about watching Netflix. Comcast's version of Netflix is still in beta version but it is already dreadfully behind.

Not all of us have a Roku Ultra or want to spend the money on one since we don't have HD or 4K TVs. We also don't have a Roku for every TV we own. Having Netflix on the X1 is a good thing just for that reason. As far as being  "already dreadfully behind",  ithe X1 app for Nexflix is far more advanced from whats on my Roku boxes, auto-playing the next episode in a series being one of the advancements.

There...now you can stop wondering.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 212 of 444

The Netflix app showed up two days ago on my X1 and two XiD boxes. Aside from a hiccup the first night I was using Netflix at around 2 AM, when I'm guessing the X1 did it's nightly reboot, which locked up all three boxes and needed a power-cycle, the app is working fine on all. The auto-play for series feature is a helpful addition. A little bit bigger and white text would be nice for those of us with SD TVs.

Next, apps for Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Google Play Music and Spotify would be nice!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 213 of 444

Neverendingmods wrote:
Did you go to each box's settings and choose FULL 100℅ SCREEN SIZE and do same on each box once logged into and in the Netflix app on each TV? Sounds like one isn't set correctly. All 4 of my TVs show Netflix full screen and not tiny. Netflix looks like any other Comcast Xfinity movie and depends on if movie was shot in theater mode, leaving black bars too and bottom, or if it's been reformatted for TV and fills entire screen having no black bars at top or bottom.

I tried everything in your post and in other posts above yours and Netflix still only uses a portion of the screen in the upper left corner. Guess I'll just stick with Roku which has no problems and is about 3x as fast picking shows and going thru menus.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 214 of 444
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 215 of 444
I've got DD+ coming out of my X1 STB on Netflix. You can set the output of the X1 box to 1080p, which means that, seeing as how 1080p is 1080p, both the audio and video coming out of the X1 box are the same as what comes out of the Roku (with the obvious exception of 4K and/or HDR content). If one has no interest in 4K and/or HDR stuff, the X1 performs just as well as the Roku (in regards to picture and sound). Yes, the X1 is painfully slow. I, as well, will be sticking with my Roku.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 216 of 444
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 217 of 444
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 218 of 444
Posted by
Visitor

Message 219 of 444
I also have the same issue. The selection menu is full screen. The movies play in top left corner about 3/4 of the screen. But the status bar at the bottom is full screen. Still trying to find a resolution to fix this.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 220 of 444
Netflix not full screen on X1.
STB Version PX001AN_25p8s2
Release ver. xappl-XRE67P7-GN
Plays 3/4 screen in top left corner. When you pause the status bar is full screen.
20161029_130944.jpg
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 221 of 444

XyGore wrote:
Plays 3/4 screen in top left corner. When you pause the status bar is full screen.

I have the exact same conditions you are seeing and the same STB firmware. Still no reply from Comcast as to why this is happening.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 222 of 444

What are your video display settings?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-video-display

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 223 of 444

RobertWy wrote:

The stb is set for 16:9 1080P60 HD. I also tried 16:9 1080i HD

The problem occurred with both settings

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 224 of 444

tjkelly36 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

OK. Given your question, I tried 1 more STB setting:  16:9 720P HD and the Netflix playback now uses full screen. It was good that I could get it to work, but I will stick with Roku which is way faster thru menus and supports playback of 16:9 1080p HD playback

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 225 of 444

tjkelly36 wrote:

tjkelly36 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

OK. Given your question, I tried 1 more STB setting:  16:9 720P HD and the Netflix playback now uses full screen. It was good that I could get it to work, but I will stick with Roku which is way faster thru menus and supports playback of 16:9 1080p HD playback

What was your Zoom setting on that page?  Mine is "Full".  And my TV is a 1080p60.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 226 of 444

RobertWy wrote:

tjkelly36 wrote:

tjkelly36 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

What was your Zoom setting on that page?  Mine is "Full".  And my TV is a 1080p60.

My zoom setting was the same - full and at 1080p60 Netflix wouldn't go full screen. But at Full zoom and at 720p Netflix worked.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 227 of 444

adding.. 

netflix has 3 levels of streaming, SD (only), 2 screens SD/HD, 4 screens SD/HD/Ultra HD. On the web interface (desk/laptop) login and go to your account settings, 'change plan-streaming' to see what level you have of service as above. I'm curious if the SD only is causing the issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 228 of 444

Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

netflix has 3 levels of streaming, SD (only), 2 screens SD/HD, 4 screens SD/HD/Ultra HD. On the web interface (desk/laptop) login and go to your account settings, 'change plan-streaming' to see what level you have of service as above. I'm curious if the SD only is causing the issue.

I have the 2 screens SD/HD option. I don't have the SD only plan.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 229 of 444

I remember receiving notification allowing netflix to be added to x1 platform, is this an option ?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 230 of 444

Yes X1 now has Netflix.

However there is a long running thread just below your post that will tell you everything you would want to know about Comcast and Netflix.

I sure wish that new people posting in this forum would actually take a few seconds to do some reading in this forum before they post something that has been discussed over and over and over....

GrandmaRose wrote:

I remember receiving notification allowing netflix to be added to x1 platform, is this an option ?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 231 of 444

GrandmaRose wrote:

Info here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Netflix-Beta-Program-on-X1/td-p/2802043

Posted by
Visitor

Message 232 of 444

THANK YOU. Found what I needed and was able to connect and set up Netflix successfully.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 233 of 444

Forgive my impatience, and thank you for responding. I was successful in getting netflix set up.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 234 of 444

Nice work GrandmaRose...

GrandmaRose wrote:

Forgive my impatience, and thank you for responding. I was successful in getting netflix set up.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 235 of 444
What model TV had the issue until you switched to 720p?

I have an older Panasonic Enhanced Definition TV in my bedroom and had a similar issue. The TV doesn't support 720p, only 1080i through HDMI. I had the box set to 720p and saw the scaled Netflix window. Switching the resolution to 1080p and rebooting the box fixed the issue.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 236 of 444

test1234x wrote:
What model TV had the issue until you switched to 720p?

I have an older Panasonic Enhanced Definition TV in my bedroom and had a similar issue. The TV doesn't support 720p, only 1080i through HDMI. I had the box set to 720p and saw the scaled Netflix window. Switching the resolution to 1080p and rebooting the box fixed the issue.

It is a 2yr old 42" Vizio that fully supports all resolutions 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

Posted by
Visitor

Message 237 of 444

Yes I agree it does work on 720p but none of th e1080 settings. I hope 1080 is supported when its out of Beta.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 238 of 444

XyGore wrote:

Yes I agree it does work on 720p but none of th e1080 settings. I hope 1080 is supported when its out of Beta.

What resolution is your X1 STB set at?  I am trying to figure out the root cause.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 239 of 444

RobertWy wrote:

XyGore wrote:

What resolution is your X1 STB set at?  I am trying to figure out the root cause.

STB is NOW set at 720p hd and Netflix works full screen.

When it was set at 1080p AND 1080i Netflix only worked with Netflix using about 2/3s of the screen in the upper left corner of screen. Regular shows(not Netflix) worked full screen at all 3 resolutions.

My DVD and Roku Premium and Amazon Firestick use full screen at all 3 resolutions.

The X1 STB is the only device that can't display Netflix at full screen with resolutions other than 720P.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 240 of 444

We started using the Netflix beta app when it became available on X1. We logged in OK with first use and do not normally sign off when we exit.

Recently we had to change our Netflix password, which we did via the Netflix.com web site using our home PC. Now, we cannot access Netflix on X1, presumably because the password does not match the new password on our Netflix account. When we try to get to Netflix on the X1 app, the circular arrow just keeps spinning under the Netflix logo. I have let this try to access the account for over 3 minutes.

How can I change the password that the Netflix app on X1 is trying to use for login?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 241 of 444

glporterfld wrote:

We started using the Netflix beta app when it became available on X1. We logged in OK with first use and do not normally sign off when we exit.

Recently we had to change our Netflix password, which we did via the Netflix.com web site using our home PC. Now, we cannot access Netflix on X1, presumably because the password does not match the new password on our Netflix account. When we try to get to Netflix on the X1 app, the circular arrow just keeps spinning under the Netflix logo. I have let this try to access the account for over 3 minutes.

How can I change the password that the Netflix app on X1 is trying to use for login?

while the arrow is spinning, hit last. does that bring up the menu with a gear inside of Netflix? If not, can you change the password back to the one X1 has stored and change the pass inside the netflix on X1 app?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 242 of 444

My wife and I enjoy watching "House Hunters International", both on HGTV and On Demand.  We discovered many more episodes became available to us after enabling the Netflix app in Comcast Labs and associating my Netflix account.  To recreate the bug I've discovered:

Voice search for "House Hunters International" (TV Series)

Select Episodes - 24 episodes available under "Season 3"

Select the the very first one listed (S3 Ep25 - Helsingborg, Sweden)

Note that "Included with Netflix" appears in the description

Select Watch

An episode about a NY woman moving to Cambodia plays

Don't know if this happens with other (all?) episodes or not, but someone from Comcast may wish to investigate.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 243 of 444

Pressing last while the arrow is spinning did not help.

We will try to go back to netflix web site and revert the password back, but that can only happen if we can remember the old password. 

Since this app is supposedly in beta testing, here is a recommendation to the developers for an improvement.

"Change the error handling when there is netflix login error.  Allow the user to re-enter the login parameters."

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 244 of 444

milehiguy wrote:

My wife and I enjoy watching "House Hunters International", both on HGTV and On Demand.  We discovered many more episodes became available to us after enabling the Netflix app in Comcast Labs and associating my Netflix account.  To recreate the bug I've discovered:

Select Watch

Don't know if this happens with other (all?) episodes or not, but someone from Comcast may wish to investigate.

on the netflix iPhone app the seas 3 ep 25 says 'from Taxis to Tuk tuks" (the cambodia location). Might be a bad 'reading' of the metadata from netflix that is entered in the comcast system. image shows girl in red top on left guy on right in blue shirt.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 245 of 444

Rustyben wrote:

milehiguy wrote:

Select Watch

on the netflix iPhone app the seas 3 ep 25 says 'from Taxis to Tuk tuks" (the cambodia location). Might be a bad 'reading' of the metadata from netflix that is entered in the comcast system. image shows girl in red top on left guy on right in blue shirt.

Yup, just verified on my Netflix iPad app that S3 Ep25 is the Cambodian episode.  Clearly when tunneling in via On Demand on the DVR, the S3 Ep25 description (Sweden) doesn't "point" to the episode (Cambodia).  Isolated problem or more widespread?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 246 of 444

XyGore wrote:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, switching to 720p should correct this problem. Now I know this is not the most optimal solution, but at the moment the team is working on a more permanent solution that will pushed via an firmware update at a later date. We still do not have a specific release date for when the fix will go out.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 247 of 444

geek46 wrote:

Charles3121 wrote:

Try to put Netflix on my cable box like I have Pandora 

This is not available.  You will need to use a device that has a Netflix APP installed on it ( bluray player ).

If you have the X1 platform, Netflix will be added to the APPS section of this platform in the very near future.

It may be in your comcast labs, read more here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Netflix-Beta-Program-on-X1/td-p/2802043

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 248 of 444

I have none of the picture or sound issues that others have reported.  However I have noticed these issues (minor to some, major to others) in the current Beta version:

When accessing Netflix episodes via the on-demand menu, it doesn't track what has been watched

Despite what Comcast has touted, voice initiated commands do not work once inside Netflix

It isn't clear what keys on the remote do what functions inside Netflix.  A little testing finds most of them but I have still not discovered what key provides "info".  Some documentation would be helpful when this becomes an official application

When doing a generic search, Netflix items are not listed.  Example: Search for "Last Tango" and you only get Last Tango in Paris, available via Comcast.  It doesn't show Last Tango in Halifax available on Netflix.  This doesn't happen when searching for a full title; ie: ET.  It shows that this move is available to buy or rent from Comcast and to view on Netflix.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 249 of 444

ThomT wrote:

I have none of the picture or sound issues that others have reported.  However I have noticed these issues (minor to some, major to others) in the current Beta version:

When accessing Netflix episodes via the on-demand menu, it doesn't track what has been watched

Despite what Comcast has touted, voice initiated commands do not work once inside Netflix

It isn't clear what keys on the remote do what functions inside Netflix.  A little testing finds most of them but I have still not discovered what key provides "info".  Some documentation would be helpful when this becomes an official application

When doing a generic search, Netflix items are not listed.  Example: Search for "Last Tango" and you only get Last Tango in Paris, available via Comcast.  It doesn't show Last Tango in Halifax available on Netflix.  This doesn't happen when searching for a full title; ie: ET.  It shows that this move is available to buy or rent from Comcast and to view on Netflix.

Great feedback, I will pass it along.

For the first 2 things you mentioned, this is something that is not posible since once the app launches it does the tracking on netflix end and voice commands will not work to control the app with the current build.
For the third: there is currently no info key in this version of Netflix, and thank you for the suggestion we will look into that for sure. 
And lastly, there are some improvements coming to search that should improve that experience. 

Thanks, 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 250 of 444

I am having the exact same issue. It was working great and the I had to change my password and now can't get it to load. Sorry - no suggestions, but hoping someone will have some ideas!