Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Netflix on X1

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 101 of 451
I got the update on my DVR receiver last night. The Netflix app actually works really well. No access to it yet on the two smaller bedroom boxes.

I have an AppleTV 4 in each room, but I do like the idea of not having to switch over to it just for Netflix. I do use it for all of my Sports packages though. Necessary since Comcast won't offer all NHL or MLB games in HD.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 102 of 451
zip 33948 when I turned on main dvr message said that Netflix was available. I went into the Comcast labs and turned it on, but when I go to the app I receive message that there is a problem and to try again.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 103 of 451

Got the beta here in 55429 and logged in.  The only thing I can't figure out is how to access my list under my profile.  I found the search and category stuff. Anybody know where MY LIST is in this new app?  TIA! Smiley Happy

Posted by
Admin1

Message 104 of 451

stugelwahoo wrote:

Got the beta here in 55429 and logged in.  The only thing I can't figure out is how to access my list under my profile.  I found the search and category stuff. Anybody know where MY LIST is in this new app?  TIA! Smiley Happy

You have to scroll up two rows from the intial netflix screen. Sometimes you might need to press up a few extra times, but you should end up seing "My list". 

@Laurie, if you got the message there is a chance that you might need to power-cycle your box by unpluging from power and reconnecting. Have you tried doing that? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 105 of 451
Was wondering if you had a release schedule for the beta, I live in Puyallup, WA 98374 thank you very excited for this.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 106 of 451

brilliant, thanks!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 107 of 451

I just turned on my TV and got the option to get Netflix on my Xfinity Box! I just set it up and logged in. So far it is awesome! Xfinity linked it right to my Netflix account. It's like being in the Netflix app on my blu ray player or Smart TV. It even remembers what episode I was on and everything! And there was no loading time like with the Netflix app I get on other devices.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 108 of 451

Parental Controls on Comcast or Netflix? I just got access to Netflix through Comcast. The profiles you set up in Netflix are still good on Comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 109 of 451

Mine let me right on. All I had to do was enable the app in Comcast Labs, go to Apps and sign in using my Netflix account info. Hopefully you will get it soon, it is awesome!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 110 of 451

I would shut off your Cable box and let it reboot then try it again.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 111 of 451

So, your in the Netflix app, keep using the up arrow on your remote. Just keep going up and your list will be at the top. When the Netflix app opens, for whatever reason (and this is on all newer devices) it doesn't open with your list in front of you. You have to go looking for your list. Usually just scrolling up will help you find your list.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 112 of 451

I just got it in Spokane, WA. You should be getting it soon.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 113 of 451
Watching Netflix on xfinity now. It's in Beta.
A couple problems right now: we can only watch Netflix on the main box; I can not access my watchlist. Otherwise it seems to be working
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 114 of 451

Have been hoping for Netflix to be available soon..I live in the Philly area..went to Comcast Labs today and it says Coming Soon...any idea how much longer?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 115 of 451

John113 wrote:
Watching Netflix on xfinity now. It's in Beta.
A couple problems right now: we can only watch Netflix on the main box; I can not access my watchlist. Otherwise it seems to be working

You didn't say which other boxes you have; the RNG150 does not have ANY apps.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 116 of 451
For those who have it, what X1 software version are you on?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 117 of 451

I was chosen to be a beta tester for the Netflix app on the cable box and I have a couple questions.

(1) It is only available on one box, when will I be able to access it on the other 2 tv's connected to my network?

(2) The app would be a lot more user friendly if I could switch accounts without logging out and then logging back in to select a different user account.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 118 of 451

ly_may283 wrote:

I was chosen to be a beta tester for the Netflix app on the cable box and I have a couple questions.

(1) It is only available on one box, when will I be able to access it on the other 2 tv's connected to my network?

(2) The app would be a lot more user friendly if I could switch accounts without logging out and then logging back in to select a different user account.

If you were chosen to be a beta tester you would have been given a link to give feedback, not post it in these forums.

What is the model of the 2nd box as an RNG150 does not have APPS available to use on that box.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 119 of 451

Try to put Netflix on my cable box like I have Pandora 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 120 of 451

TurnerBrewer wrote:
Beware that when accessing Netflix on the X1 that all viewing will count against your Internet Data Usage.
Comcast should follow ATT's lead by giving unlimited data at no charge to all customers who subscribe to both TV and Internet.
Comcast stands to make alot of money on data overage fees by this seemless integration of Netflix onto the X1 platform.
Watching Netflix has always counted towards your data usage. The only difference between this app and your computer/tablet/phone is where you watch it.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 121 of 451

Charles3121 wrote:

Try to put Netflix on my cable box like I have Pandora 

This is not available.  You will need to use a device that has a Netflix APP installed on it ( bluray player ).

If you have the X1 platform, Netflix will be added to the APPS section of this platform in the very near future.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 122 of 451
Hi, it is now available on 2 of my 3 boxes. The model of the box that is missing is SR150BNM. Can someone email me the link that should be used for feedback on the test, I probably deleted the original email?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 123 of 451

ly_may283 wrote:
Hi, it is now available on 2 of my 3 boxes. The model of the box that is missing is SR150BNM. Can someone email me the link that should be used for feedback on the test, I probably deleted the original email?

That box doesn't have access to Internet Apps (you'll notice there's no Pandora either), you would have to swap it out for an XiD or XG2 for access.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 124 of 451
Ok i will look at it when I get home and check. But is there a way to get the feedback link sent to me again?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 125 of 451

Why is it that Philadelphia gets this stuff last?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 126 of 451

Probably because Philly is Comcast's HQ.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 127 of 451
I have the Netflix app now on my Xfinity x1 boxes. I don't have a Netflix account yet so I'm doing a 1 month free trial being offered.
I like it.
Wilmington,DE
Posted by
Contributor

Message 128 of 451
Interesting. I live in Wilmington, DE also and when I check Comcast Labs I see "Netflix on X1" But it still says "Coming soon".

Comcast is probably slowly sending the the invites out. Glad you like it tho!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 129 of 451

Make certain in comcast labs you have turned ON the option to receive BETA and NEW options.  If you don't physically turn it to on it won't give you access. 

Also to those wondering about not having acces to more than 1 or 2 TVs that is because in the package price(7.99,9.99,or 11.99) you get either 1 non HD TV access to netflix for 7.99, you get 2 TV access to HD 1080P netflix for 9.99 or you can get upto 4 tvs at upto to 4K Netflix for 11.99 a month.  These are the ONLY options.  If you already have a Netflix account prior to this Comcast merger than if you pay $10 month you will only get 2 TV access to netflix.  Comcast actually limits the number of TVs to view Netflix through their cable boxes.  I imagine everyone will want at least 1080P access so that for $10 a month gives you just 2 TV cable box access.  I don't have 4K tvs yet but I have 4 tvs in my house all HD non 4K and I chose the 11.99 month package after my 1st month free through comcast.  Yep, comcast gives you 1 month free and ability to cancel before getting billed after 1 month and you can change the package you want(7.99,9.99, or 11.99) whenever you want if you don't like paying that much all the time.  But just picking the 4 tv option will charge you for entire month, not 1 night so no cheating.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 130 of 451

When I go into Comcast Labs these are the only options I see:

Nc80tmjl

iehiuWDl

I don't see an option to turn ON or recieve new BETA's. I think that was an option for early X1 adopters?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 131 of 451

bruistopher wrote:

When I go into Comcast Labs these are the only options I see:

Nc80tmjl

iehiuWDl

I don't see an option to turn ON or recieve new BETA's. I think that was an option for early X1 adopters?

No, that is what EVERYONE sees (including me) until it is made available in their market/region/whatever.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 132 of 451

Do you think it will still be available "before Thanksgiving" for everyone?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 133 of 451
That's what I saw also until the beta test was available. I see it on one of my boxes that isn't even compatible to use it.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 134 of 451

Will I be able to receive Netflix on my present Xfinity set up and when will it be available?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 135 of 451

John610 wrote:

Will I be able to receive Netflix on my present Xfinity set up and when will it be available?

Yes, on the dvr but no to the secondary box that you have. You can swap it out for an Xi3 or Xg2.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 136 of 451

Just tried this last night and it froze the TV.  Disconnected the cable box and rebooted and functioning was restored, though I am not inclined to try Netflicks again until it's out of beta testing.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 137 of 451
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 138 of 451

NewPark wrote:

Just tried this last night and it froze the TV.  Disconnected the cable box and rebooted and functioning was restored, though I am not inclined to try Netflicks again until it's out of beta testing.

Which X1 box do you have?  The RNG150 doesn't support apps.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 139 of 451
My Netflix message came on my TV screen to connect but I mistakenly delete it, how do I retrieve it?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 140 of 451

hubsando0318 wrote:
My Netflix message came on my TV screen to connect but I mistakenly delete it, how do I retrieve it?

How are you accessing Netflix?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 141 of 451
To start... we have 3 boxes in our home. 1 main box in the family room and 2 satellite boxes, 1 in the master bedroom and 1 in the living room.

So we had a major outage for several hours last week and when the service finally came back on the master bedroom, 1 of the satellite boxes, a beta message came up asking if I wanted to try Netflix on Xfinity. So I decided to check it out. I have 3 comments.

Comment 1:

The service takes forever to load. The first time it took over 20 mins with the box freezing at 1 point and having to power cycle to get it working again. Since then I've tried it a couple more times and it doesn't take as long as the first time, however, it does take a good 5 mins to load.

Comment 2:

I cant get the Netflix svc on the other 2 boxes in the house. Which I find odd. When I go to look it up on the other 2 boxes, in the Comcast Labs section, it simply says "Netflix coming soon". I dont understand how I can get Netflix on 1 of the satellite boxes but not on the main svc box.

Comment 3:

One of the features that I found fantastic. Once you are logged in, when you search for say a movie, the listing will also show Netflix offerings.

I was considering canceling my super expensive service with Comcast (my avg bill is around $200 a mo and we have net, all premium channels, 3 boxes). We were thinking about getting a smart TV, pricing cheapest net svc and using Hulu, Amazon, Netflix and youtube. After the initial cost of the new TV, we're looking at saving roughly $150 a mo. So Comcast... you may have saved us as customers for now (if the svc actually gets its act together) but with the caveat that it actually starts to work better and on all boxes. BUT... if we dont start seeing more value (i.e. faster net speeds, better quality of movies, more TV episodes for free (I mean come on... the level of greed... $2.99 per episode when I'm already paying $200 per month... you all need to get real in a quickness) Netflix will not save me as a customer and eventually I'll have had enough and move on.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 142 of 451

FYI, the RNG150 X1 box does not support Neflix or any other X1 app.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 143 of 451
Those that have it; can you confirm whether the audio is in stereo or DD5.1?

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 144 of 451

egnlsn wrote:
Those that have it; can you confirm whether the audio is in stereo or DD5.1?

either, my default (app?) was 5.1 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 145 of 451

my experience, notes.

the firmware and menu versions did not update, apparently just a flag is turned on to allow the Netfllix Beta to be turned on today.

I ran the 'series' "test patterns" (has a netflix icon), season 2 episode 8 1920x1080 60fps.

the pattern with many tests shows it takes approximately almost 2 minutes to get to the max stream rate via stepups of 5800 kbps. This means you won't see a good stream for nearly that long. The pattern allows you to set your TV set's brightness/contrast/sharpness but you might want to let someone who is trained or has studied (google and youtube have excellent information) the process. If someone wants to actually learn how to use the pattern, perhaps a separate thread might be better to create. up to the moderators.

SIGNIN: it is all netflix screens/process and in my ipinion should have presented a standard screen 'keyboard' in letter order not in QWERTY layout. This is all netflix's menu system.

SEARCH: I searched for Longmire as I have 2 netflix seasons (4 and 5) to eventually watch. Experience was ok with exception of not knowing what the left/rigth/up/down/ok buttons would do. remember that you are in Netflix's app not comcast so gripes go to netflix not comcast. It is really great to be able to search within X1 menu and get netflix content listed in the results. You won't know it is netflix unless perhaps netflix is only source. with voice remote "test patterns" did not find the netflix "only" test pattern TV show with its episodes.

My guess is that when netflix is out of beta the login will be part of the secure apps login page and not the screen login useds in this beta.

I have a chromecast dongle on this TV and will continue to use it to do my planned watching of netflix as the netflix app plays on the chromecast with an excellent fast set of controls on any smart device (iphone/ipad/android). There was no difference in training/stepup of bit rate between the X1 netflix app nor the smartphone via chromecast app.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 146 of 451

Got Netflix with last nights update. Works great, no lag. Nice addition.

I'm in Maple Grove, MN 55311

20161018_091314.jpg

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 147 of 451

How do you set up Netflix beta?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 148 of 451

how do i go about getting access to netflix through my comcast xfinity?

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 149 of 451

Got it in Scranton, PA.

I do have to say its pretty sluggish on all my boxes.

Will future updates fix this?

Or im having signal issues. Main box is super sluggish, disregarding Netflix.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 150 of 451

adammusic22 wrote:

Got it in Scranton, PA.

I do have to say its pretty sluggish on all my boxes.

Will future updates fix this?

Or im having signal issues. Main box is super sluggish, disregarding Netflix.

The sluggishness can be related to other possible signal issues. If you have not done it already, try ensuring all of your connections are secured on your box and try a power-cycle by unplugging and reconnecting from power. Sometimes that might help out, if the issues continues we might just need to look into the problem more in depth and maybe even have a tech check for problems. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.