Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Netflix on X1

Frequent Visitor

Re: Netflix on X1

After posting a complaing on Twitter, a Comcast rep got with me via PM and sent a reset (or something) to my home system, and it appears to be working correctly now. I'm not totally convinced, though. Will wait and see if this happens again.

Service Expert

Sagray wrote:

After posting a complaing on Twitter, a Comcast rep got with me via PM and sent a reset (or something) to my home system, and it appears to be working correctly now. I'm not totally convinced, though. Will wait and see if this happens again.

if you press the A button on the remote and select 'reset netflix' you can do that same task manually.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I'm having the forgotten login info myself. We have two boxes and it's only on the DVR that it happens to. The other box is fine. Very annoying!

Frequent Visitor

Andrew can you please tell me why while watching Netflix on the X1 the Dolby Digital plus is no longer working my sound system indicators only shows Dolby Digital for some reason the plus is not working but it's working on my other devices but not the X1 box thanks
Gold Problem Solver

X1 does not offer Dolby Digital +... At least not yet.

We were told a while back that Comcast was working on adding DD+ but little has been said since.
Frequent Visitor

I said Netflix & Netflix does FYI 

Gold Problem Solver

Yes of course Netflix offers DD+. My Roku boxes and my Sony 4K Blu-ray player pass along the the DD + audio from Netflix. The X1 boxes boxes currently DO NOT pass along the DD + audio from Netflix.
Frequent Visitor

Ok ill try this one more time & you need re-read my org post please, but this msg was for Andrew the expert employee or so his name says he is but I'm new on here & idk whos whom on here but anywho my post %100 clearly says the Dolby Digital + "is no longer working" as in it was since day one when X1 started using Netflix & all of a sudden for a month now its "no longer working" its only showing DD with no "PLUS" thanks Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Whenever I use the Netflix app from my DVR, when the program starts, I have audio but no video.  So, I exit Netflix, start it up again, and this time it works. This is not sometimes, it's EVERYTIME.  I try using Netflix with Apple TV box and with my Blu-Ray player, no issues.

Regular Visitor

ghoofie wrote:

Whenever I use the Netflix app from my DVR, when the program starts, I have audio but no video.  So, I exit Netflix, start it up again, and this time it works. This is not sometimes, it's EVERYTIME.  I try using Netflix with Apple TV box and with my Blu-Ray player, no issues.

I had this issue too.   I reported it to Netflix and it was gone the next day!

Regular Contributor

I did  that.  Netflix worked a short while.  Called again. They 'reset my Netflix account'. It works for a while.  I've been dealing with support every day...all they want to do is reset my box.  Problem still going on.  I even did a video of whats happening and sent it via Twitter. The reps there reply 'that's odd'. But the problem goes on.

Service Expert

ghoofie wrote:

I did  that.  Netflix worked a short while.  Called again. They 'reset my Netflix account'. It works for a while.  I've been dealing with support every day...all they want to do is reset my box.  Problem still going on.  I even did a video of whats happening and sent it via Twitter. The reps there reply 'that's odd'. But the problem goes on.

are you able to do the reset yourself using a set top box and pressing the A button (use right to find the reset netflix).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Regular Contributor

Yes I have the option but phone support did it. Guess I could try that. When they do the reset I don't have to relogin to Netflix. The box option A says you have to relogin, so maybe it's different. Worth a try.
Regular Visitor

Does using Netflix through the X1 box count towards one's data usage cap?

Official Employee

jwikoff wrote:

Does using Netflix through the X1 box count towards one's data usage cap?

Yes, any app that falls under Internet Apps counts.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.