Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Netflix connection problems

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Netflix connection problems

The last couple of days I have had problems with accessing Netflix via the X1 system. Netflix connects and I am able to watch for appx 10 minutes and then Netflix disconnects and goes back to live TV.  I reconnect and the same thing happens. I have tried resetting Netflix, resetting the X1 box, rebooting modem, rebooting router and nothing seems to work. I am able to watch Netflix via my Wii game console without a problem. Has something recenlty changed with the X1/Netflix interface?

Accepted Solution

Re: Netflix connection problems

For some unknown reason, I never received notice of these replies until today. I called customer service on the 6th and they suggested a tech come out. On Wednesday, the tech came out and did discover the filter and the use of an old connector at the drop across the street. Who knows how long it has been there. I have been here for 18 years and no mention of it all the times techs have been to my house for various other reasons. He replaced the connector, removed the filter and checked all the connections in the house to reduce the noise. So far so good.
View answer in context
Service Expert

BJVoght wrote:

The last couple of days I have had problems with accessing Netflix via the X1 system. Netflix connects and I am able to watch for appx 10 minutes and then Netflix disconnects and goes back to live TV.  I reconnect and the same thing happens. I have tried resetting Netflix, resetting the X1 box, rebooting modem, rebooting router and nothing seems to work. I am able to watch Netflix via my Wii game console without a problem. Has something recenlty changed with the X1/Netflix interface?

the device you are using needs internet access which is supplied either by an internal modem in that x1 set top box or by using the internet from an Xg2 or xg1 device in the home. What is the model number of the set top box giving you the problem? If you have more than one X1 set top box, try Netflix on each. Is the problem on all of your devices?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Looks like you have a high pass filter on your drop. It's placed there by the maintainance team because you have ingress (noise/interference) in your house, that's bad enough that it's affecting you and your neighbors.

You probably noticed internet speed issues on top of the Netflix issues. You need to get a tech out.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

I've escalated it up to a colleague to help you schedule a tech.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Thanks for sending this over, ComcastAndrew.

Hello BJVoght. We're sorry your experience signal issues. I can assist in getting a technician visit scheduled. For account security and verification, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

For some unknown reason, I never received notice of these replies until today. I called customer service on the 6th and they suggested a tech come out. On Wednesday, the tech came out and did discover the filter and the use of an old connector at the drop across the street. Who knows how long it has been there. I have been here for 18 years and no mention of it all the times techs have been to my house for various other reasons. He replaced the connector, removed the filter and checked all the connections in the house to reduce the noise. So far so good.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation