Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Netflix application not working

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 8
Hi, I googled all I could and could not find a solution to my problem. The Netflix app on my X1 DVR used to work fine, but now, whenever I try to play something, it works for about 45 seconds, and then says "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title." There is also what appears to be an error code in the corner, it says "(5.2.12). I tried different movies and TV shows and I unplugged my TV box for about 12 hours and plugged it back in and it still won't work. It's really frustrating me because it's the only way I can get Netflix at the moment on my analog HDTV. Please help.
1477597613693-1417335025.jpg
7 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 8

ethan043 wrote:
Hi, I googled all I could and could not find a solution to my problem. The Netflix app on my X1 DVR used to work fine, but now, whenever I try to play something, it works for about 45 seconds, and then says "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title." There is also what appears to be an error code in the corner, it says "(5.2.12). I tried different movies and TV shows and I unplugged my TV box for about 12 hours and plugged it back in and it still won't work. It's really frustrating me because it's the only way I can get Netflix at the moment on my analog HDTV. Please help.

The Netflix APP uses the STB's Internal Network Connection to the Internet.....   have you checked your Internet Connection and possibly troubleshot this?  See this link for Connection troubleshooting steps:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 8
I tried unplugging the router and coax cablew and that did nothing. I don't know how I would do the other stuff on that list since the DVR is obviously not a computer, and the Internet seems to be working fine otherwise. Again, the movies or shows play just fine for about 45 seconds, and then the error reappears. It's quite frustrating.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 8

ethan043 wrote:
I tried unplugging the router and coax cablew and that did nothing. I don't know how I would do the other stuff on that list since the DVR is obviously not a computer, and the Internet seems to be working fine otherwise. Again, the movies or shows play just fine for about 45 seconds, and then the error reappears. It's quite frustrating.

We can narrow this down by having you check your signal levels on the DVR.  Press and hold EXIT on the remote for 2-3 seconds and then press the down arrow twice and then the number 2.  Navigate to System and then DOCSIS.  Post your Upstream, Downstream and SNR readings from that page here for us to see and comment on.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 5 of 8
The X1 DVR has an internal modem and is probably closer to a computer than you might think.

X1 devices use a cloud based guide which means every button you press on the remote is going back and forth on the cloud. X1 boxes require extremely good signal quality to run properly, much more than a modem does. In regards to X1, just because your Internet might be fine, that is no quaranty your X1 service is.

I am with Ray the Geek on this issue. I think you have a signal deficiency issue
Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 8

I have been having the same problem. Everything was working fine and now on only some shows get the same message. 

For example, I can watch a full episode of Daredevil perfectly and then try to play an episode of the Office and get the error afer 45-60 seconds. 

Interestingly  none of my little satalite boxes are having this issue. I can even swap the little box with the main box and the problem continues with the main box only. 

My Internet works just fine, no problems playing anything on my PC's or tablets it just this box.

Called and spoke with both Comcast support and Netflix support and followed all thier recomendations with no changes. We did everything we can thing of, logged out and back in, restarted/rebooted, unplugged etc... and no improvement.

All the diagnostice test say there are no issues and we have a good connection.

Because one box plugged into the same cable works and the other does not it must be some issue with the box, right? But it worked like 4 days ago just fine, so my thought is a software update that caused the problem. And yes my last call the comcat support guy verified I was on the latest version. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 8
Thanks for the suggestions, but my TV broke last week so I'll have to wait to try any of the new diagnoses.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 8

Should i replace my x1 box