members

online now

discussions

Need help with x1 tv and no sound

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 51 of 65

ghermes1 wrote:

I'm also having a sound problem with the remote boxes on the x1 platform.  I have to keep rebooting the boxes to get the sound to come back.  It just keeps dropping out radomly day to day.  Only way to get it back it to reboot the remote set top box.  A real pain in the axx.  

To try and help you, can you go into System Diagnostics and post your signal levels ( Downstream Power, Downstream SNR and Upstream Power ) from the DOCSIS page?

To access System Diags, press and hold EXIT button for 2-3 seconds....  press down arrow twice, then the number 2....   goto System, then Docsis for those numbers above....

If you post your levels, other forum members can look at them and make reccomendations.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 52 of 65

ghermes1 wrote:

I'm also having a sound problem with the remote boxes on the x1 platform.  I have to keep rebooting the boxes to get the sound to come back.  It just keeps dropping out radomly day to day.  Only way to get it back it to reboot the remote set top box.  A real pain in the axx.  

Which model?

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 53 of 65

We just installed the X1 box and couldn't get sound to come out of the HDMI input. All the other inputs we tried (DVD, TiVO, non-HD TV) worked and had sound through our Samsung sound bar. The only way were were able to get sound at all was to go into our TV (Sharp Aquos) settings and set the "Output Select" setting to "Fixed" instead of "Variable".  However, what this did was bypass the sound bar completely and now we only get sound from the TV's built-in speakers (which is not optimal, thus the reason for attaching a sound bar in the first place).  But at least we have sound while watching the digital cable stations. We're waiting for a Tier II tech to call us and we'll see if he had another solution.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 54 of 65
Were you using the HDMI output or the HDMI input on the X1 box?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 55 of 65

Not sure this will work for everyone, but it works for 100 percent of the time on my RCA TV. I simply use the TV remote to switch to another HDMI channel then return to the original HDMI channel.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 56 of 65

Having the same problem, and the same 'solution' as carlt00.  Moved my RCA TV to another room after getting a new TV this Christmas.  The RCA hooked up via HDMI to the non-DVR box, would not now have the sound go on with the TV.  Neither the cable or TV remote would work the sound.  By accident, I also 'circled' around the sources/input on the TV remote back to HDMI1 and the sound works.  Have to do it every time.  No TV or cable setting that I could locate made any difference. 

Posted by
New Poster
Message 57 of 65

I believe The problem is the audio signal strength in the hdmi signal is not strong enough for some tvs. I didnt have any problems until my theater tuner stopped working. when i hooked the cable box directly to the tv i had the same problem others are facing. When I hooked up through hdmi powered splitter to run a secondary signal to my projector, I stopped having the problem. The splitter boosts the signal. Amazon sells hdmi boosters for about $10.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 58 of 65
The following suggestion worked for me.

"X1 handles HDMI differently than the older boxes. What happened with older boxes no longer applies. Jehill's suggestion is very valid and may help you. Go into your TV's settings find the HDMI-CEC settings. Panasonic calls it Viera Link. Samsung calls it AnyNet. Find those settings and turn them off."
Posted by
New Poster

Message 59 of 65
Im having the same problem...I turn the tv on and off so many times!Nothing works!I tried disconnect the HDM1 cable and works...I hated this new freakin box!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 60 of 65
I did that...still not working!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 61 of 65
Go to Xfinity Apps and reset language to English. Do this twice. You are losing sound because the Xfinity app is switching over to Spanish. Weird...I know....But I finally figured it out after 7 months and almost buying a new TV.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 62 of 65

THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tried every suggestion here.  I didn't ask to be upgraded, I was told that I would start to lose HD channels, so I did.  Turning on your TV and having to reboot the system EVERY TIME just to hear anything other than my DVD which works fine and has sound and my chrome which works fine and has sound, is too stupid to imagine.  I am being sent ANOTHER box BUT I doubt that will make anything better and I REFUSE to have a technician come out and be NO help.  PLEASE, what is the answer to this problem?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 63 of 65

AAAAB wrote:

THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tried every suggestion here.  I didn't ask to be upgraded, I was told that I would start to lose HD channels, so I did.  Turning on your TV and having to reboot the system EVERY TIME just to hear anything other than my DVD which works fine and has sound and my chrome which works fine and has sound, is too stupid to imagine.  I am being sent ANOTHER box BUT I doubt that will make anything better and I REFUSE to have a technician come out and be NO help.  PLEASE, what is the answer to this problem?

You had legacy cable that needed to be upgraded.... the X1 platform boxes operate on a higher level of signal requirements than legacy cable needed.   Hate to say, but your best bet is to have a TECH onsite to evaluate and make the necessary repairs to your infrastructureucture ( outside or inside ).  If you don't you will continue to be plagued by the issues.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 64 of 65

The only thing that works for my tv is to press the Xfinity button, scroll to settings, select Device Settings, select Video Display and change it to 4:3, 480i SD. Make sure you save it. The only downside to that is I cannot see the APPS, but we doesn't use them all that often. If I want them I just switch to one of the HD options in the video display. I hope this helps! I found this solution in another thread. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 65 of 65
I got rid of X1 a long time ago ! Turned out my tv sound was bad. !! I was told don't get x1 til u have to