Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

NHL center ice beta problem

Frequent Visitor

NHL center ice beta problem

My nhl center ice beta programming has stopped working 3 days ago. When I access the games I want to view it initially starts the game with both the audio and video. It plays both for 15-30 seconds and the audio stops playing and the video continues for another 15-30 seconds and then it disappears to a black screen. I have tried to access different games and I’m getting the same results. This started 5 days ago. Prior to that I was able to access the programming and it played normally. What is the problem?
Frequent Visitor

Re: NHL center ice beta problem

I'm having a similar issue. Some of the teams just aren't loading at all. They're just black screens. Of course my team is one of them being affected, lol.
Frequent Visitor

This is happening to us, too, for the past week. I am currently in an online chat with Xfinity "support," but the worker does not comprehend the problem -- told me I could watch all games in HD on a single channel number, which is obviously not true. Not sure this person has ever even heard of NHL Center Ice beta! So I'm searching the web for help. Getting frustrated. -- UPDATE: Gave up on the chat. The worker insisted I was not subscribed to something I've been watching for 2 years with no problem until this week.

Regular Visitor

same exactthing happening to us.. watch center ice beta game for less thena min.. goes to no sound and then freezes... all the game son center ice beta the same.. customter service clueless. 

Frequent Visitor

I doubt Comcast/Xfinity will do anything about this until we all ask for our money back.  They took their time fixing the problem last fall where continuing subs could not access NHL Center Ice for the season's first couple of weeks because somebody forgot to type the renewal code into the computer (!!). Remember the "your subscription is updating" screen?

New Poster

Same thing here. Can we get some help with this please??? It really stinks watching the games in standard definition......I don’t believe there are any other stations doing this anymore.....get up with the times!
Problem Solver

Same thing is happening on the NBA league pass HD beta black screen not showing anything
New Poster

I was told a tech needed to come out......this doesn’t seem like a problem that a tech would fix. Seems like it has something to do with the main feeds. What do y’all think?
Also I’ve started to notice that “some” games play completely fine, while others either have black screens or no sound.
Frequent Visitor

So, I had a tech out today to see if he could resolve the nhl beta issue. Long story short it’s not a hardware issue. He spent over 4 hours here troubleshooting connections and devices. Changed out some coax cables but still left scratching his head. The only thing he offered was that there was a signal loss detected somewhere in the line outside the house and it is in their equipment. Supposedly a maintenance crew will investigate it. This signal loss- according to the tech- is in the bandwidth that the beta programming is being broadcast. Will update anything new.
Regular Visitor

i was wondering where you are located?? We are in FLorida.. I curious if just a local problem.. we still can't watch Pens.. freezinf screen and customer service is trying to correct but no luck.. and yes.. some games ok.. but most freeze or black screen. and always the pitts game messed up. 

Frequent Visitor

We are in the Port Charlotte Punta Gorda area. Good news is that the beta seems to be working this evening. Tried 2 games via the x1 and both have played normally. Don’t know if what the tech did on replacing cables did it or if they did an external fix on the system. Fingers crossed. Go Pens.
New Poster

Watching tonight......leafs game is good......however the islanders game is black screen.
Pens play tomorrow, hopefully we can get this corrected soon...please....
New Poster

The Pens game is not working for me. This is such a rip off. I'm calling them tomorrow to get my money back. 

Frequent Visitor

Mine is out as well. Had service tech here yesterday and replaced some coax lines. Thought it solved the problem since I was able to access both games last night and they played normally. Not tonight. No Penguin HD. Frustrating.
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone from Comcast/xfinity even monitor these forums to see how frustrated their customers are with this service. I can’t believe that they are seemingly ingnoring this situation. At the very least they should acknowledge their customers and inform them of what is being done to rectify it.
New Poster

Doesn’t appear that they do.

They obviously changed something recently because I haven’t had this problem until last week when the pens played the sharks.

This is very frustrating.....can someone at Comcast please help us???
Official Employee

Hello @Jim151. We apologize you're experiencing continued issues with the NHL Center Ice Beta. Thank you for creating the post. While, I currently do not have a solution to the cause of your problem I would like to get the ball rolling on investigating the cause of your video issue. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

<EDITED for violating Forum Guidelines - Posting Personal Information>

Frequent Visitor

It's not just Jim! This is a widespread problem. PLEASE help EVERYONE.

New Poster

Sounds like if they fix Jim's problem they will fix everyone problem.

Figers Crossed!!!

@ wrote:

It's not just Jim! This is a widespread problem. PLEASE help EVERYONE.

New Poster

ComcastJoe,

Any updates?
Problem Solver

like I said before it's happening on the basketball package too.

I don't get the nets HD beta channels Trailblazers and Hornets HD beta are not coming in and who knows how more.

this is sad.

I know I could  probably watch online or on my smart tvs apps but I would really like to watch this game on comcast.

if you would be so kind.

I tried everything reset box system refresh and even tighten my cables nothing works.

it worked about three weeks then last week nothing and this week doesn't work either 

New Poster

Same problem here. Sound works for 15-20 seconds and then goes out. When I flip channels and then come back the sound works, but only for 15-20 seconds.
Frequent Visitor

Another poster found an audio work around if you are using x1. Once you’ve accessed your game and the audio and video are both playing and the audio drops out- press the center”ok” button and it will give you a drop down with pause/play. Arrow over to the far left to the letter D. Click it “on” and audio will resume. Audio plays fine for the game but drops when commercials are playing.
Frequent Visitor

PLEASE -- it has been 2 weeks without NHL Center Ice Beta games for my NJ Devils.  I click my team -- I get a blank screen.  That's it.  Not even the day's list of available games, which does show up for some other teams. Devils games are always just a BLANK screen.  The HD feed never loads.

This previously worked fine for more than a season -- SOMETHING HAS CHANGED.

Please help!

New Poster

I agree.

I have missed two weeks worth of Penguins games due to the problem.

We are going to be needing a fix VERY VERY soon.
New Poster

- can you please give us an update on this Center Ice problem.  

Regular Contributor

@CathyMi wrote:

i was wondering where you are located?? We are in FLorida.. I curious if just a local problem.. we still can't watch Pens.. freezinf screen and customer service is trying to correct but no luck.. and yes.. some games ok.. but most freeze or black screen. and always the pitts game messed up. 

Reporting the same: Florida, Pens, freezing/black screen. 

And, this, also: "Same problem here. Sound works for 15-20 seconds and then goes out. When I flip channels and then come back the sound works, but only for 15-20 seconds."

Contributor

We had the same issue with the Pens channel in the Detroit area. However, it was working last night for the Pens/Kings game.

In fact every channel I flipped through seemed to be up and running correctly

anyone else notice an improvement?

New Poster

This appears to be a wider spread issue. I am in the Denve area and am getting a black screen on 4 different Game Tiles when I tune to them. I am a Comcast employee and have reported this to the appropiate engineering teams so they can get to the bottom of the issue and fix it. 

Official Employee

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you have encountered with NHL Center Ice (Beta) on X1. 

Long story short is that our engineering teams have been able to recreate the issue and have been able to track down and correct the issue during the NHL Center Ice games earlier today.

The team is aware of how to correct the issue (it is not a localized issue), however they are still working on the root cause to understand how the multiple NHL Center Ice (Beta) X1 streams got into this state since late January.

The team continues to work the issue and are expected to monitor the games this week. Apologies again and thanks for your patience with the NHL Center Ice (Beta ) on X1. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you! I will take a look today and tomorrow, and let you know how it's coming along in my area.

(My only question is -- What took so long?  Especially on such an expensive "premium" product?)

Official Employee

@sumogirl wrote:

Thank you! I will take a look today and tomorrow, and let you know how it's coming along in my area.

(My only question is -- What took so long?  Especially on such an expensive "premium" product?)

Apologies again that it took as long as it did to get this identified and resolved.

Even though this is our second season with NHL Center Ice HD (Beta), the HD streams (IP delivery) of these games on X1 are still considered and labeled as a "Beta" product. As such there can be kinks and issues as we work to deliver best efforts during the test phases.

We are always working to improve and enhance the experience. We have added some additional steps to alleviate future issues like this. 

Thanks again for your patience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

the same thing that happened to them is happening to NBA league pass on a few channels NETS HD

will the team fix the NBA league pass issue or is it just me? seems like i'm the only one complaining about it happening on the NBA league pass.

it worked great for two weeks then it late january the channels started to malfunction. like NETS HD BETA

Okay it's fixed in NBA league pass I checked the NETS HD channel and it tuned into it.

Official Employee

@Pharrell wrote:

the same thing that happened to them is happening to NBA league pass on a few channels NETS HD

will the team fix the NBA league pass issue or is it just me? seems like i'm the only one complaining about it happening on the NBA league pass.

it worked great for two weeks then it late january the channels started to malfunction. like NETS HD BETA

Okay it's fixed in NBA league pass I checked the NETS HD channel and it tuned into it.

Apologies and yes, thanks for confirming this is also fixed in NBA League Pass on X1 (Beta). The same situation was occurring there and resolved by the same correction.   

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I live in Virginia. Have had this problem for a while now. Your engineers, are they looking at a fix nationally or just locally somewhere?
Frequent Visitor

NHL Beta looks good tonight in northern Indiana. Thanks for fixing this -- finally!

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Cowa316 wrote:
I live in Virginia. Have had this problem for a while now. Your engineers, are they looking at a fix nationally or just locally somewhere?

This was a national issue with a national fix. If you are still having issues with NHL Center Ice, please send me a PM (Private Message) with some additional details (including specific date, times, games, which box are you seeing the issue on, what exact issue you are encountering) and we can get this investigated and on the path to resolution. Thanks for your patience.

Private Messages (PM’s)

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and scroll down to a link that says “Private Message Me”.
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats