New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NHL Center Ice HD Beta Trial (X1)

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 74

Reposting for Comcast Teds:

"So how do we get a credit for the service we were told was going to be available (HD Beta) and is not available for the first 2 weeks of the season at least?  I bought this package on comcast based on being told that the HD channels were going to be available for all games."

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 52 of 74

j404dzb wrote:

Reposting for Comcast Teds:

"So how do we get a credit for the service we were told was going to be available (HD Beta) and is not available for the first 2 weeks of the season at least?  I bought this package on comcast based on being told that the HD channels were going to be available for all games."

Apologies. This feature is still in Beta. I have, however, placed a credit on your account for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 53 of 74
Solution

All - thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay.

I have been told that the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) is now operational and available for qualified customers. Qualified customers are XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service. 

Thanks for your patience. Enjoy the games!

Details below:  

NHL Center Ice HD Beta Trial

As part of the NHL Center Ice experience, we continue to trial a new NHL Center Ice feature.

XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD starting a week into the regular season.

We plan to launch the NHL Center Ice HD feature across the Comcast footprint in the future.

Please note that there is no additional charge for eligible customers and no action is required to receive this feature.

The NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) channel is the first NHL Center Ice listing in the X1 guide above the current NHL Center Ice SD channels.Or using the X1 voice remote control, hold down the blue microphone button and say "NHL Center Ice" and then select NHL Center Ice HD.  

Note: At this time, the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) listing will not be associated with a channel number because this feature is in trial. This means that customers will not see a channel number in the X1 guide and therefore cannot tune to this channel by entering a channel number, as one does not exist.

During the trial, the following functionality will not be supported on the new NHL Center Ice HD channel:

•Recording
•Pause

This is a temporary experience for our customers. We are working on improving this experience and are working to provide this functionality in the near future. Rewinding is now supported.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 54 of 74

you need to tell you customer service reps about this feature.. our NHL Center Ice is showing a message that you account is updating and this feature will be available soon.. Spent over an hour on the phone with them and they are still trying to get our channels 771- etc to work but they are clueless to the beta trail.. I found info on this forum and then tried our on demand and bingo.. there is Center Ice.. Very frustrating afternoon with comcast.. ( plus I was blind transferd 2-3 times while on the call)

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 55 of 74

CathyMi wrote:

you need to tell you customer service reps about this feature.. our NHL Center Ice is showing a message that you account is updating and this feature will be available soon.. Spent over an hour on the phone with them and they are still trying to get our channels 771- etc to work but they are clueless to the beta trail.. I found info on this forum and then tried our on demand and bingo.. there is Center Ice.. Very frustrating afternoon with comcast.. ( plus I was blind transferd 2-3 times while on the call)

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Glad that you were able to locate the information on NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) here.

The issue with your account updating may be unrelated and likely still needs additional attention. I do see an open ticket for this on your account from earlier today and someone is expected to reach out to you soon on that.

Apologies that you were transferred so many times and apologies that the agents that you spoke with did not have the most accurate information. I will look into all of those things.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 56 of 74

Thanks for finally clearing this up - I will look forward to the HD Beta start next week. 

I literally called Comcast 4 times since the season began asking about this - no one had any clue about this HD Beta - two thought all games were in HD currently, one thought I needed to buy another package, one (who did quickly help me get past the Subscription Updating screen) admitted she had no idea. 

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 57 of 74

This is still not working for me.  All I can get is standard definition, no HD.  How do we get this fixed so it actually works?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 58 of 74
2nd week of the season and I’m still not seeing all of the games available in HD. When can we expect all games in HD?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 59 of 74

So for everyone who is watching this thread, I just spent 90 minutes on chat with Comcast and 3 representatives.  The 3rd representative finally understood the issue and she restarted my device so it would update.  I am now able to get all teh games in HD.  Not a very good process Comcast.  Most Rep's have no idea what this package is and I have spent most of my time explaining what the package is.  Serious training issues.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 60 of 74

todd2494 wrote:
2nd week of the season and I’m still not seeing all of the games available in HD. When can we expect all games in HD?

I have been told that the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) is now operational and available for qualified customers. Qualified customers are XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service.

Details below:

As part of the NHL Center Ice experience, we continue to trial a new NHL Center Ice feature.

XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD starting a week into the regular season.

We plan to launch the NHL Center Ice HD feature across the Comcast footprint in the future.

Please note that there is no additional charge for eligible customers and no action is required to receive this feature.

The NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) channel is the first NHL Center Ice listing in the X1 guide above the current NHL Center Ice SD channels.Or using the X1 voice remote control, hold down the blue microphone button and say "NHL Center Ice" and then select NHL Center Ice HD.

Note: At this time, the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) listing will not be associated with a channel number because this feature is in trial. This means that customers will not see a channel number in the X1 guide and therefore cannot tune to this channel by entering a channel number, as one does not exist.

During the trial, the following functionality will not be supported on the new NHL Center Ice HD channel:

•Recording

This is a temporary experience for our customers. We are working on improving this experience and are working to provide this functionality in the near future. Rewinding is now supported.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 61 of 74

Ted, just fyi, pause was working last night.  Recording was not.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 62 of 74

That doesn't work for me. I can say "NHL center ice" and bring up the screen where it says HD channels. I can even pick it.  That brings up a list of NHL teams to watch in HD. No matter what I pick, nothing happens at all. I'm watching the devils vs capitals in low def. if I pick HD for either team, the channel never changes. It's like I never clicked on it.  Really comcast??!!

rip off.  I'm in the 19341 area code.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 63 of 74

I'm in the exact same boat. I can make my way to the Beta app/channel without issue, but nothing happens when I click on a team -- regardless of if they're playing at the time, or not.

I need the games in HD as part of my job. When, XFINITY, are all the games going to be broadcast in HD? It doesnt matter to me if there's an app or not -- I just need the games in HD.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 64 of 74

For me that was happening as well.  What worked for me was refreshing the box.  I did it myself with the remote in apps.  And it worked, immediately

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 65 of 74

Zabagar wrote:

That doesn't work for me. I can say "NHL center ice" and bring up the screen where it says HD channels. I can even pick it.  That brings up a list of NHL teams to watch in HD. No matter what I pick, nothing happens at all. I'm watching the devils vs capitals in low def. if I pick HD for either team, the channel never changes. It's like I never clicked on it.  Really comcast??!!

rip off.  I'm in the 19341 area code.

Apologies. Please let me know if you are still having this issue. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 66 of 74

SeattleJord wrote:

I'm in the exact same boat. I can make my way to the Beta app/channel without issue, but nothing happens when I click on a team -- regardless of if they're playing at the time, or not.

I need the games in HD as part of my job. When, XFINITY, are all the games going to be broadcast in HD? It doesnt matter to me if there's an app or not -- I just need the games in HD.

Apologies. Please let me know if you are still having this issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 67 of 74
I see that you have made NBA league pass in full hd,why isn't NHL Center Ice not in full Hd and why can we not record from the beta channels
Posted by
New Poster

Message 68 of 74
Is this only available in certain areas . I live in Michigan I have X1 and the HD package . I signed up for NHL center ice and I still don’t see the beta version. Please tell me it’s available . Hockey needs to be HD !
Thanks
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 69 of 74

phillyflyer wrote:
Is this only available in certain areas . I live in Michigan I have X1 and the HD package . I signed up for NHL center ice and I still don’t see the beta version. Please tell me it’s available . Hockey needs to be HD !
Thanks

It's available in your area, let me review your account now to see what's up. Thanks!   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 70 of 74

ComcastTed .. can you do me a huge favor and in the Icon for the selection of teams, can you spell the city where I have been born correctly?  

It is "OTTAWA Senators" ... NOT  "Ottowa Senators"   ... the spelling has been wrong for two years.  Who does the quality control?

Thanks

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 71 of 74

I was told the following in response to a forum topic I opened, which is closed so I'm responding here

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/NHL-Center-Ice-in-HD/m-p/2980202

"XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD."

In your response (that I am replying to) you indicate that HD games will be offered on 2 channels and you also directed us to a link to review the schedule.  On Saturday, 10/14/17, there were 9 games in HD.

Which is it?  Are we able to watch "all of the games in HD"" Or just two given that we only have two HD capable channels?

My topic should not have been closed, it was not solved and it was entirely different then this thread.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 72 of 74

RedWing9_13 wrote:

I was told the following in response to a forum topic I opened, which is closed so I'm responding here

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/NHL-Center-Ice-in-HD/m-p/2980202

"XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD."

In your response (that I am replying to) you indicate that HD games will be offered on 2 channels and you also directed us to a link to review the schedule.  On Saturday, 10/14/17, there were 9 games in HD.

Which is it?  Are we able to watch "all of the games in HD"" Or just two given that we only have two HD capable channels?

My topic should not have been closed, it was not solved and it was entirely different then this thread.

All NHL Center Ice games are available in HD via NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) on our X1 Platform today.

Details below:  

NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) is now operational and available for qualified customers. Qualified customers are XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service.

Details below:

XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in

HD starting a week into the regular season.

•Recording

This is a temporary experience for our customers. We are working on improving this experience and are working to provide this functionality in the near future. Rewinding and Pausing are now supported.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 73 of 74

EricInPDX wrote:

ComcastTed .. can you do me a huge favor and in the Icon for the selection of teams, can you spell the city where I have been born correctly?  

It is "OTTAWA Senators" ... NOT  "Ottowa Senators"   ... the spelling has been wrong for two years.  Who does the quality control?

Thanks

Apologies and yes! 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 74 of 74

EricInPDX wrote:

Thanks

As an update, this is expected to be corrected within 24 hours. Thanks for your patience and thanks for raising that issue here.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.