New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NBA League Pass HD Beta Trial (X1)

Posted by
Administrator

Message 1 of 16

As part of the NBA League Pass experience, we are trialing a new NBA League Pass feature. XFINITY X1 customers with an NBA League Pass and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD starting a week into the regular season. 

We plan to launch the NBA League Pass HD feature across the Comcast footprint in the future.

Please note that there is no additional charge for eligible customers and no action is required to receive this feature. 

Note: At this time, the NBA League Pass(Beta) listing will not be associated with a channel number because this feature is in trial. This means that customers will not see a channel number in the X1 guide and therefore cannot tune to this channel by entering a channel number, as one does not exist.

During the trial, the following functionality will not be supported on the new NBA League Pass channel:

•Recording

This is a temporary experience for our customers. We are working on improving this experience and are working to provide this functionality in the near future.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
15 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 16

This is great that the NBA League Pass channels will finally be in HD. Long over due really. 

During this time can I assume that ch 713 Team1HD channel can be used for recording?

During this time can I assume that the SD versions of the channels can be recorded?

thanks

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 16

So, for the first week, we get no NBA League pass HD channels? My NBA league pass HD channels (450 and 1387) are showing HD hockey.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 16

Are you saying that if I buy NBA League pass, I'll be able to watch it all in HD finally?  And if there aren't "hd channels", how will I watch them?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 16

atmdecker wrote:

Are you saying that if I buy NBA League pass, I'll be able to watch it all in HD finally?  And if there aren't "hd channels", how will I watch them?

"As part of the NBA League Pass experience, we are trialing a new NBA League Pass feature. XFINITY X1 customers with an NBA League Pass and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD starting a week into the regular season."

Sounds like it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 16
Not true my xfinity rep in MD just said some games will still be in SD
Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 16
My rep just now said most games will still be in SD
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 8 of 16

How is the quality of the HD in the HD beta? is it cable quality or stream quality? Forgive me but I've never seen an HD Beta channel in action and searching on youtube or online doesn't bring up anything up. It would be great to try before buy honestly I'm on the fence I don't wanna make a commitement it is 200 dollars. Does the picture break up or is the feed coming from the cable or internet? and will replays be in HD?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 16

FYI, I tried the HD broadcast last night and it worked great. The picture quality is excellent and in line with other HD channels quality. 

Here is how to access it.

On Demand > Sports > League Pass and then select the HD option. Choose the team you want.

It would be great if the "C" Sports App's "Watch" option could take people to the HD version of the game, though. Otherwise, you have to do the "extra steps" to get to the game via On Demand.

That said, having all the games in HD is awesome.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 16
Thank you so much. I was watching the Cleveland Cavaliers and Orlando Magic game in lousy standard-definition. I was very excited to see that I could now watch the games in HD, even if there is an extra steps. Do you know how long this beta is going to last?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 11 of 16

well I'm gonna go ahead and order this package from comcast.

thanks Fyre bear

Hopefully the HD beta is availble in my area can anyone from comcast check before I order from my X1 box my area code is 93648

Posted by
New Poster

Message 12 of 16

My league pass hd channel is not working (channel 760). My regular league pass channels (SD) keep running text at the bottom of the screening advising me that I am watching a preview. I have spoken to multiple customer service representatives. One of whom put me on hold for an hour and only managed to reset my box (that did not fix the problem). She then let me know that a supervisor would call me back to resolve this issue. I have yet to receive that call, three days later. I was informed that the package was on my account but not yet processed. 

I understand that league pass is running a free trial for the first week and that comcast is trying a beta of increaing hd channels, but many people (myself included) cannot yet access the one HD league pass channel as of now. I do not know what the issue is, but I am concerned and want this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 13 of 16

BETA HD isn't working on my tv either but I haven't ordered still want to see how it looks before I order and if I can i'll let you know.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 14 of 16

You should be able to find these channels (all HD) also by using the voice remote on your X1 remote. Using the remote say "NBA league pass". You should get a page on the TV that has a League Pass HD tile. Choose that tile and you will get 6 rows of tiles representing each team. Just pick the team you want to watch if they are playing. If they are not playing you will get a static slate showing the games for that day. Of course you are subject to being blacked out for the home team in your area and the apposing team. You must be subscribed to the regular package. The scroll you were seeing on the SD channels was just stating that that normal package was in free preview for the first two weeks of the season. Recording is not possible on these Beta channels.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 15 of 16

Yeah I think the HD only works with people who have purchased the package.

I'm not gonna buy a 200 dollar package without trying the HD that's the only selling point I"m sorry but I guess NBA tv TNT ESPN and my local channels will have to do for now.

it be really nice if comcast let you see the HD in action before you bought it I'm not gonna drop 200 dollars on something I can't see.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 16 of 16
Fryebear, you made my night. Opened an account to thank you. 2 Comcast reps and 1 NBA League Pass two couldn’t solve it but you did. Much appreciated.