Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

NBA League Pass HD Beta Trial (X1)

Administrator
Administrator

NBA League Pass HD Beta Trial (X1)

As part of the NBA League Pass experience, we are trialing a new NBA League Pass feature. XFINITY X1 customers with an NBA League Pass and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD starting a week into the regular season. 

We plan to launch the NBA League Pass HD feature across the Comcast footprint in the future.

Please note that there is no additional charge for eligible customers and no action is required to receive this feature. 

Note: At this time, the NBA League Pass(Beta) listing will not be associated with a channel number because this feature is in trial. This means that customers will not see a channel number in the X1 guide and therefore cannot tune to this channel by entering a channel number, as one does not exist.

During the trial, the following functionality will not be supported on the new NBA League Pass channel:

•Recording

This is a temporary experience for our customers. We are working on improving this experience and are working to provide this functionality in the near future.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: NBA League Pass HD Beta Trial (X1)

This is great that the NBA League Pass channels will finally be in HD. Long over due really. 

During this time can I assume that ch 713 Team1HD channel can be used for recording?

During this time can I assume that the SD versions of the channels can be recorded?

thanks

New Poster

So, for the first week, we get no NBA League pass HD channels? My NBA league pass HD channels (450 and 1387) are showing HD hockey.

New Poster

Are you saying that if I buy NBA League pass, I'll be able to watch it all in HD finally?  And if there aren't "hd channels", how will I watch them?

Service Expert

atmdecker wrote:

Are you saying that if I buy NBA League pass, I'll be able to watch it all in HD finally?  And if there aren't "hd channels", how will I watch them?

"As part of the NBA League Pass experience, we are trialing a new NBA League Pass feature. XFINITY X1 customers with an NBA League Pass and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD starting a week into the regular season."

Sounds like it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Not true my xfinity rep in MD just said some games will still be in SD
New Poster

My rep just now said most games will still be in SD
Problem Solver

How is the quality of the HD in the HD beta? is it cable quality or stream quality? Forgive me but I've never seen an HD Beta channel in action and searching on youtube or online doesn't bring up anything up. It would be great to try before buy honestly I'm on the fence I don't wanna make a commitement it is 200 dollars. Does the picture break up or is the feed coming from the cable or internet? and will replays be in HD?

New Poster

FYI, I tried the HD broadcast last night and it worked great. The picture quality is excellent and in line with other HD channels quality. 

Here is how to access it.

On Demand > Sports > League Pass and then select the HD option. Choose the team you want.

It would be great if the "C" Sports App's "Watch" option could take people to the HD version of the game, though. Otherwise, you have to do the "extra steps" to get to the game via On Demand.

That said, having all the games in HD is awesome.

New Poster

Thank you so much. I was watching the Cleveland Cavaliers and Orlando Magic game in lousy standard-definition. I was very excited to see that I could now watch the games in HD, even if there is an extra steps. Do you know how long this beta is going to last?
Problem Solver

well I'm gonna go ahead and order this package from comcast.

thanks Fyre bear

Hopefully the HD beta is availble in my area can anyone from comcast check before I order from my X1 box my area code is 93648

New Poster

My league pass hd channel is not working (channel 760). My regular league pass channels (SD) keep running text at the bottom of the screening advising me that I am watching a preview. I have spoken to multiple customer service representatives. One of whom put me on hold for an hour and only managed to reset my box (that did not fix the problem). She then let me know that a supervisor would call me back to resolve this issue. I have yet to receive that call, three days later. I was informed that the package was on my account but not yet processed. 

I understand that league pass is running a free trial for the first week and that comcast is trying a beta of increaing hd channels, but many people (myself included) cannot yet access the one HD league pass channel as of now. I do not know what the issue is, but I am concerned and want this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

Problem Solver

BETA HD isn't working on my tv either but I haven't ordered still want to see how it looks before I order and if I can i'll let you know.

New Poster

You should be able to find these channels (all HD) also by using the voice remote on your X1 remote. Using the remote say "NBA league pass". You should get a page on the TV that has a League Pass HD tile. Choose that tile and you will get 6 rows of tiles representing each team. Just pick the team you want to watch if they are playing. If they are not playing you will get a static slate showing the games for that day. Of course you are subject to being blacked out for the home team in your area and the apposing team. You must be subscribed to the regular package. The scroll you were seeing on the SD channels was just stating that that normal package was in free preview for the first two weeks of the season. Recording is not possible on these Beta channels.

Problem Solver

Yeah I think the HD only works with people who have purchased the package.

I'm not gonna buy a 200 dollar package without trying the HD that's the only selling point I"m sorry but I guess NBA tv TNT ESPN and my local channels will have to do for now.

it be really nice if comcast let you see the HD in action before you bought it I'm not gonna drop 200 dollars on something I can't see.

New Poster

Fryebear, you made my night. Opened an account to thank you. 2 Comcast reps and 1 NBA League Pass two couldn’t solve it but you did. Much appreciated.
New Poster

Will this work if I don’t have x1 Comcast? I don’t have a voice remote like mentioned in the thread below
Service Expert

Teejaylee06 wrote:
Will this work if I don’t have x1 Comcast? I don’t have a voice remote like mentioned in the thread below

Read what the first post says:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NBA-League-Pass-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/m-p/2976852#M137847

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Well, contrary to the message from the administrator, NBA League Pass in HD is NOT available. The message said: "a week into the regular season" the service would be available. The season started on 10/17. It is now 10/28. And the NBA League Pass games tonight--Friday, October 28-- were not in HD. Questions:

1/ When are the games on League Pass going to be in HD?

2/ When will the functionality be normal? That is, when will you be able to record, pause and rewind?

It is just absurd that Comcast doesn't have this HD service up and running by now.

New Poster

HD is still not working for me.  Was anyone else able to get HD? This is unacceptable, it is already the 30th. 

New Poster

You can also access the League Pass Beta menu thru the Guide. On my channel lineup, the League Pass channels are 440 through 450. On my Guide, in between channels 439 and 440 there is a line for League Pass Beta. You can click this and it takes you to the menu where you can pick your team.

You can also pick which broadcast you like. Dallas at Utah is currently being broadcast on one of the standard def League Pass channels and is the Utah broadcast. On the Beta menu, if you pick Utah, you get the Utah broadcast. And if you pick Dallas, you get the Dallas broadcast. (Both in HD)

Major thumbs up on this...this is a huge improvement.

New Poster

This trial is a failure so far.  I tried to watch a Blazers game and the screen frequently froze, went into slow motion skipping many frames, and appeared to crash at least twice.  This is way too much money to spend for such a poor experience.  Also, I'm supposed to be able to view the mobile version of NBA League Pass through my Xfinity subscription but I get a message that they cannot associated my account number with a valid NBA League Pass subscription.

New Poster

Same thing happened to me...I went on nba.com and chatted with a customer service rep and attached my Xfinity bill showing the purchase and they manually activated digital access.
Service Expert
Moved:

If you are a Comcast employee you are not allowed to post in the forums unless you are vetted and trained as an Official Comcast Employee. For more information contact ComcastAlan or ComcastJessie.

New Poster

I have Xfinity X1, HD subscription, and paid for NBA league pass.  I am not receiving the HD broadcast.  This is just plain false advertising.

Service Expert

Bradley-H wrote:

I have Xfinity X1, HD subscription, and paid for NBA league pass.  I am not receiving the HD broadcast.  This is just plain false advertising.

Did you call 1800comcast?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I agree with this 100%. Hitting the C is so convient, yet you get the SD version of the game. When will this change this beta needs to end almost a quarter of the season is over! We need an update!
New Poster

sixer game vs Golden State from Philadelphia not in hi-def last night. The home of Comcast is 15 minutes from the sixeers. What a joke

New Poster

What's the rough timetable for recording being enabled for the HD beta channels? E.g., are we going to get it with a decent chunk of the season left, or...?

New Poster

Glad to have helped! :-)

Glad these games are finally all in HD. 

New Poster

Dude! That totally worked. You made my season. I’ve been grumbling every SD game. This needs to stop being beta and be the norm though. My zoomed in cell phone videos from the nose bleed section at games in person is higher quality than the SD coverage. 

New Poster

So for clarity, HD is not a channel, and thus not recordable. It's a streaming option. And the streaming option, are they live only? Meaning if a game started at 7pm and it's now 8pm, do you have to join almost at halftime? Or can you start over at the beginning without seeing the score? Are games archived after they're over? Can you Fast Forward if you're behind reality or watching an archived game? Also, FYI, if you don't have an X1, I believe the Comcast Stream app provides the same streaming with support for Chromecast and Apple TV, meaning you should still be able to stream HD to your TV. I haven't tested it yet. I'm going to test it tonight.

New Poster

The short cut for that is to, in the guide, click on league pass (beta), where channel 750 would be, then click on the team you want to watch.

Problem Solver

Just some feedback.

I been enjoying the HD Beta since Monday I know it's a beta

but being able to choose home or away broadcast just feels great and I like that even the picture has some quirks like shaky video it usually fixed itself

It's well worth the money. I paid.

Problem Solver

well that lasted all about three weeks

back with more feedback.

I been having problems with mutiple channels on the HD BETA for NBA league pass

channels just give me a black screen even after I've done all I could refresh the system power reset box nothing works.

I was enjoying this package very much and I"m sad that it doesnt' work anymore and I'm sad about missing games in HD.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats