Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My new x1 tv service is CONSTANTLY glitching!

New Poster

My new x1 tv service is CONSTANTLY glitching!

I was a long time happy Comcast customer for many years, but have had DirecTV for the passed year or so. Last week my family and I moved into a new home, and decided to ditch all our AT&T services and sign back up with Xfinity/Comcast. I’ve missed my Comcast high speed internet and TV service, so I was pretty excited to have the new service installed, and even went out n bought a new 55 inch Samsung TV for my bedroom the night before the service technician came out to hook it up. Unfortunately though, from the veeerrryy moment these new x1 tv/dvr boxes were installed, it’s been NOTHING but a headache!! Within 30 minutes of the technician leaving, my x1 started glitching non stop, freezing, and pretty much makes it unbearable to watch TV. The next morning I called customer service(which I’ve had to do many times since the service was installed last week), they instructed me on how to reboot the box, I rebooted it, and they did whatever it is they do on their end.. after following their instructions to a T, moved the box around the room to try n get the best connection from the master box, did the whole reboot process(which i keep having to do again and again) the X1 re loaded and connected back to Live TV, but once again, after about every 5-10 of watching TV, it starts doing the exact same thing, glitching, skipping, freezing, and losing connection. It’s making it so difficult to watch, the service connection never last more then 5 minutes before needing another reboot, so I haven’t even been able to enjoy the new 4K Tv I jus spent $800 on, because so far this x1 service is awful!!.. Which is really a bummer, cus I was so excited for this new service, but from day 1 of having it, it’s made me appreciate directv. If this is something that is constantly going to be a problem, I don’t see myself keeping this service for very long, cus for the amount of $$ I’m spending on this TV service, I should actually be able to WATCH my Tv. So far, it’s costing a lot more $, for a lot less service. I don’t mind spending more $ for less channels,(then directv) as long as the service is up to speed n works well. But i do mind spending more $ for less when what your paying for isn’t even working.
Official Employee

Re: My new x1 tv service is CONSTANTLY glitching!

Neezy_503, thanks for reaching out about your cable service issues. Have you ensured that the coaxial cable is in tightly into the box and into the outlet? 

I'd like to take a closer look. Please private message me your full name and phone number so I can help. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation