members

online now

discussions

Massive problems with DVR

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I am having massive problems with my TV-DVR--go to Chate--CAN'T--get error message--go to e-mail you my list of problems--CAN'T--you have no email address (this is ALWAYS a sign of an unethical company). Go to set up a Call back time--CAN't--error message. Here is a partial list of  issues--tell me how to get someone who gives a darn about customer service--this is exactly why I paid extra to have no contract--and will be cancelling your service next week or as soon as Direct TV can get out here--or maybe you will actually help me--I won't hold my breath. 

Comcast Xfinity Problems

I am shocked to see that the cable system I used in rural PA before moving here to Vancouver works better than yours. Here are some problems I am se Ingrao with your system:

1. I cannot pause a show in one room and continue to watch it in another room-shouldn’t I be able to do this? I think so, but how?
  2. Though it did it when I first used your system, now, when I finish viewing a recorded show, a choice to delete it does not come up on the screen. Before, when I forwarded to or reached the end of a recorded show, a choice to delete that show came up-which was good. Now when I reach the end of a recorded show, it goes back to the screen that lists all my recorded shows, or even worse, it just goes to live TV, so I then have to search down the show I just finished watching and delete it. Sometimes it does work correctly and the choice too delete the program does appear.
  3. Setting to remind or record a show takes too many steps, first you select the show, then click to remind or record, then decide just one or all episodes, then there is a screen to really confirm you want it recorded where you can set it he remind time, then it confirms you want it recorded, and you click again to end the process, or wait for that last screen to disappear. I'm not sure why I need to confirm twice that I want a show recorded. 
  4. The recording choices are a problem. With my last cable DVr system, I could set a master recording choice to start recording/reminding all shows a minute or two early, and more importantly, I could have all recorded shows record a minute, two, or even longer...which is very important as it seems 99% of the shows I record, go longer than the time set for the program and I miss the end of most programs. Can't you have a master recording setting, it is a pain to have to tell it every single time to start a minute early or record a minute longer.
  5. Can’t put a program on HOLD—then go to watch something else and come bak to the first channel and pick up where you paused the 1st program—this is on the same TV in the same room. This feature is in every other dvr system.
  6. A program is put on hold—and after starting it up again, I cannot put it on hold again—push the hold/pause button—nothing happens. Program starts up on its own and I cannot pause it.

I'm just surprised that the very small rural cable system could do these important things and I can't find a way to have your, so-called sophisticated system do them. Maybe you need to visit and fix these significant problems—I feel I am paying for services I am not getting. There was also supposed to be a technician visit outside the house to boost my weak signal—did that even happen?Please let me know if I am wrong and let me know how to do these things, if not, can you please add these features next time you upgrade the system. Thanks,

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

walt18013 wrote:

I am having massive problems with my TV-DVR--go to Chate--CAN'T--get error message--go to e-mail you my list of problems--CAN'T--you have no email address (this is ALWAYS a sign of an unethical company). Go to set up a Call back time--CAN't--error message. Here is a partial list of  issues--tell me how to get someone who gives a darn about customer service--this is exactly why I paid extra to have no contract--and will be cancelling your service next week or as soon as Direct TV can get out here--or maybe you will actually help me--I won't hold my breath. 

Comcast Xfinity Problems

I am shocked to see that the cable system I used in rural PA before moving here to Vancouver works better than yours. Here are some problems I am se Ingrao with your system:

1. I cannot pause a show in one room and continue to watch it in another room-shouldn’t I be able to do this? I think so, but how? Nope at least not live TV however it is possible with recordings.
  2. Though it did it when I first used your system, now, when I finish viewing a recorded show, a choice to delete it does not come up on the screen. Before, when I forwarded to or reached the end of a recorded show, a choice to delete that show came up-which was good. Now when I reach the end of a recorded show, it goes back to the screen that lists all my recorded shows, or even worse, it just goes to live TV, so I then have to search down the show I just finished watching and delete it. Sometimes it does work correctly and the choice too delete the program does appear. Known issue that Comcast appears to be aware of.
  3. Setting to remind or record a show takes too many steps, first you select the show, then click to remind or record, then decide just one or all episodes, then there is a screen to really confirm you want it recorded where you can set it he remind time, then it confirms you want it recorded, and you click again to end the process, or wait for that last screen to disappear. I'm not sure why I need to confirm twice that I want a show recorded. Well known and widely discussed here.
  4. The recording choices are a problem. With my last cable DVr system, I could set a master recording choice to start recording/reminding all shows a minute or two early, and more importantly, I could have all recorded shows record a minute, two, or even longer...which is very important as it seems 99% of the shows I record, go longer than the time set for the program and I miss the end of most programs. Can't you have a master recording setting, it is a pain to have to tell it every single time to start a minute early or record a minute longer. You might want to check out a feature called "Auto Pad".
  5. Can’t put a program on HOLD—then go to watch something else and come bak to the first channel and pick up where you paused the 1st program—this is on the same TV in the same room. This feature is in every other dvr system. Well known and widely discussed here.
  6. A program is put on hold—and after starting it up again, I cannot put it on hold again—push the hold/pause button—nothing happens. Program starts up on its own and I cannot pause it.

I'm just surprised that the very small rural cable system could do these important things and I can't find a way to have your, so-called sophisticated system do them. Maybe you need to visit and fix these significant problems—I feel I am paying for services I am not getting. There was also supposed to be a technician visit outside the house to boost my weak signal—did that even happen? How do you know that you have weak signal? Please let me know if I am wrong and let me know how to do these things, if not, can you please add these features next time you upgrade the system. Thanks, This is a user to user forum. Comcast employees participate here but on a casual basis. If you are looking for feedback on a service visit you will need to contact Comcast directly.

Sorry but your post is kinda funny. X1 may be new to you but it is now close to five years old. No offense but you brought forth no new information. In the grand scheme of things, X1 is a basic and watered down product that was never meant to satisfy enthusiasts. The "upgrades" you are looking for may be a long time coming, if ever.

One of the biggest problems with this forum is very few people do any reading or research in this forum before the post a long winded rant...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 3