online now

discussions

Major Issues With X1 Box

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 4

So last night I was watching an on demand program when the program quit and I received a message that the channel was about to change to start a recording. The channel changed but the message remained on the screen. I decided I would watch the program that was recording so I hit the exit button. The message was not dismissed. I hit the exit button several additional times to no effect. The remote is working as evidenced by the "Remote" indicator lighting up on the X1. No button on the remote would cause a response with the X1. I went to do something else so as not to disturb the recording that were in progress.

Upon my return, it looked as if everything was back to normal. Tried to access the Xfinity menu and received no response. Again nothing worked. At this point I held the power button to soft-reboot the X1. The X1 then went through the powering up screen. It held on the "Connecting you" screen for a good 5 minutes then to an 03030 error. Ok, time for a hard-reboot. I disconnected the power waited for 1 minute the reconnected. Powering up screen to "Connecting you" screen for 5 minutes to a black screen. After about 5 minutes of a black screen I repeated  the hard-reboot. Powering up screen to "Connecting you" screen fro 5 minutes to black screen again. At the point I grabbed my tablet to see if there were any reported issues going on in my area or with the X1 service in general. After about 10 minutes programming appeared on the TV. All good right? Wrong! Hit the Xfinity button and the menu pops up. Move the cursor one space and that's all she wrote. No response from remote commands. "Remote" indicator on the X1 flashing with every button press. I wnt through the same process 3 more times before calling it a night.

This morning all looked well again. Wrong! Hit the Xfinity button and the menu pops up. Move the cursor one space and that's all she wrote. No response from remote commands. "Remote" indicator on the X1 flashing with every button press. Initiated a hard-reboot before leaving for work and left. Get home tonight and all looks well. Wrong yet again. The X1 is now sitting at a black screen.

So we can skip the obligatory "bad signal dude" reply. A tech was here over the winter to install new Netflix capable satellite boxes because they didn't work out of the box. Whod'a guessed right? He gave everything a clean bill of health. This was a Comcast employed tech not a contractor and may have been the most competent I've ever dealt with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 4
Solution

jayfish wrote:

So last night I was watching an on demand program when the program quit and I received a message that the channel was about to change to start a recording. The channel changed but the message remained on the screen. I decided I would watch the program that was recording so I hit the exit button. The message was not dismissed. I hit the exit button several additional times to no effect. The remote is working as evidenced by the "Remote" indicator lighting up on the X1. No button on the remote would cause a response with the X1. I went to do something else so as not to disturb the recording that were in progress.

Upon my return, it looked as if everything was back to normal. Tried to access the Xfinity menu and received no response. Again nothing worked. At this point I held the power button to soft-reboot the X1. The X1 then went through the powering up screen. It held on the "Connecting you" screen for a good 5 minutes then to an 03030 error. Ok, time for a hard-reboot. I disconnected the power waited for 1 minute the reconnected. Powering up screen to "Connecting you" screen for 5 minutes to a black screen. After about 5 minutes of a black screen I repeated  the hard-reboot. Powering up screen to "Connecting you" screen fro 5 minutes to black screen again. At the point I grabbed my tablet to see if there were any reported issues going on in my area or with the X1 service in general. After about 10 minutes programming appeared on the TV. All good right? Wrong! Hit the Xfinity button and the menu pops up. Move the cursor one space and that's all she wrote. No response from remote commands. "Remote" indicator on the X1 flashing with every button press. I wnt through the same process 3 more times before calling it a night.

This morning all looked well again. Wrong! Hit the Xfinity button and the menu pops up. Move the cursor one space and that's all she wrote. No response from remote commands. "Remote" indicator on the X1 flashing with every button press. Initiated a hard-reboot before leaving for work and left. Get home tonight and all looks well. Wrong yet again. The X1 is now sitting at a black screen.

So we can skip the obligatory "bad signal dude" reply. A tech was here over the winter to install new Netflix capable satellite boxes because they didn't work out of the box. Whod'a guessed right? He gave everything a clean bill of health. This was a Comcast employed tech not a contractor and may have been the most competent I've ever dealt with.

It hasn't been classified an outage but the US SNR has dropped below acceptable levels in your node (it's not just you) and being worked on by the local maintainance team.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 4
Solution

jayfish wrote:

It hasn't been classified an outage but the US SNR has dropped below acceptable levels in your node (it's not just you) and being worked on by the local maintainance team.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4

That's a promising answer. Thanks for the intel. I will apply a check mark if the issue resolves.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 4

My X1 system worked great for approximately 2 1/2 months.  Suddenly I noticed the picture froze on the tvs connected to the two "remote" tvs with the small boxes and the TV connected to the DVR was fine.   I called Comcast and the tech was unsuccessful in correcting the problem over the phone and scheduled a tech visit.  Tech arrived on location tested all cables then sent reset signal and all TVs worked great, tech said the signal was good to go.  One hour later same problem, TV display froze.  Scheduled another visit.  Upon arrival (two techs) they decided to run a new line to my DVR to improve signal strength.  Now the tvs worked great.... for about an hour.  Scheduled a third visit.  On the third visit, the tech replaced all three X1 boxes, Upgraded my modem and replaced the filter (outside in the cable box).  It has been 4 days and the X1 system is still working great.  Overall I did not have access to cable TV for 7 days.  Comcast did back out charges for those 7 days, so I am satisfied with the service provided.