Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Main X1 works great, basement X1d-p stalls

New Poster

Main X1 works great, basement X1d-p stalls

we have a few tv's throughout the house with the main X1 in the living room and the X1d-p in our basement media room. Everything works fine except for the media room. We'll be watching regular tv/recorded/movie on demand ect. and periodically it will freeze for a minute or five minutes... Some times a error code will come on (will post when I see it again) and it will restart from where it left off. I have switched out the splitter, that did nothing. I've made sure everything is tight but it keeps happening. We have a great basement setup but with this problem it is a real annoyance to watch much here... any ideas?

Service Expert

Re: Main X1 works great, basement X1d-p stalls

@groundhogsday wrote:

we have a few tv's throughout the house with the main X1 in the living room and the X1d-p in our basement media room. Everything works fine except for the media room. We'll be watching regular tv/recorded/movie on demand ect. and periodically it will freeze for a minute or five minutes... Some times a error code will come on (will post when I see it again) and it will restart from where it left off. I have switched out the splitter, that did nothing. I've made sure everything is tight but it keeps happening. We have a great basement setup but with this problem it is a real annoyance to watch much here... any ideas?

You may have an internal issue with signal degradation to that location in the house.  Wiring and how it is run can be a fickle thing to try and diagnose.  If possible, run a new wire and see if that clears the issue ( if it does, you know the wiring to that location is bad/kinked/frayed/chewed etc ).  Signal may also be an issue if the wiring is deemed good.  A zero-loss amp may be needed.  In your situation, I would request a TECH onsite to evaluate the levels and make the necessary repairs to get you up and running.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation