Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Main Top-Box DVR is displaying "boot" on the receiver

New Poster

Main Top-Box DVR is displaying "boot" on the receiver

Hi everyone,

So the last couple of days my cable box started to act funny where it would freeze or power cycle itself off and restart again.  Now I believe my box has completely given out as now it just "boot" on the receiver.  Has anyone had this issue and if so what do I need to do?  Someone mention it could be the signal in the house or sometheing of that nature.

Service Expert

Re: Main Top-Box DVR is displaying "boot" on the receiver

@cqmwilliams06 wrote:

Hi everyone,

So the last couple of days my cable box started to act funny where it would freeze or power cycle itself off and restart again.  Now I believe my box has completely given out as now it just "boot" on the receiver.  Has anyone had this issue and if so what do I need to do?  Someone mention it could be the signal in the house or sometheing of that nature.

try a power unplug for 30 seconds to a minute then plug in again. If still stuck with boot on screen time for a new box. if you have a 4k TV you might want to try to get a 4k DVR as a replacement (same price).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I tried doing that and even chatted with Tech Support and they are saying that it has something to do with the signal in my hosuse.  I don't believe that becaue my internet is working fine, and I will go the service center tomorrow to get a new box.

Official Employee

@cqmwilliams06 wrote:

I tried doing that and even chatted with Tech Support and they are saying that it has something to do with the signal in my hosuse.  I don't believe that becaue my internet is working fine, and I will go the service center tomorrow to get a new box.

I responded to your private message, try moving the dvr temporarily to where one of your secondary boxes is, and see if it boots up to live TV

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation